April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Moisturizers - Decleor - Aromessence Rose D'Orient Night Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by ejstringer

I bought this based on the reviews of other makeupalley users. I find it hard to review the performance of Decleor products, as there seems to be a significant "halo effect" in general with Decleor products. The beautiful aromas of their products appeal to the senses but I haven't seen any visible improvement in my skin from the Rose D'Orient night balm. I've got sensitive skin (diagnosed with dermagraphia) and this balm makes my face go red after application. The balm has an unusual, thick, waxy texture but does last a long time as a very small amount spreads over the face. I feel largely neutral about the fragrance - smells natural, with detectable neroli but it's not a smell I consider particularly pleasant or that I look forward to smelling. The large glass jar (salon size) feels classy but is clunky and noisy to open/close, especially if I'm applying at night and my partner is asleep.
In summary I think other products with more functional ingredients would work better for me and I'm not sufficiently convinced by the benefits of this to repurchase. Think I can best describe it by saying Decleor leaves me feeling somewhat confused.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by simmiewong

Stay in Asian countries so I think this balm is a bit oily for our hot weather. Unless you sleep in air-conditioning room, then it is ok because it hydrates the skin,

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this for at least 10 years. I have used it in the past to layer over moisturizer at night. Currently, I layer it over my moisturizer during the day in the colder weather months. It's extremely effective at locking moisture into your skin. It smells delightful and is a pleasure to use. It always gives my skin a nice glow and has never caused me skin problems. It is pricey, but it lasts a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by alexplot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought a salon-sized version of this balm on strawberrynet just in case my skin needs some cocooning and low and behold cocoon it did as I applied it on the rashes I developed to a certain overnight product from Sulwahsoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This balm is a real gem of a product!
My skin is quite tricky to please - my nose area is dehydrated but prone to oiliness, my cheeks are blemish-free but red and reactive to things like weather changes, almost rosacea-like, and I can get allergic reactions to products quite easily. My chin area skin is good except for the occasional hormonal breakout once a month, but I have red marks leftover from these spots. My forehead area tends to be congested with clogged pores if I use the wrong treatments. - So it's really hard for me to find one single product that I can apply to my entire face that works to treat all these individual issues. This does exactly that.

I like letting my skin breathe whenever possible and this is a heavy, waxy balm, so I use this every other night. I noticed results the day after the first use, and after a couple of weeks I couldn't believe the change. My skin is hydrated, smooth, supple, calm and clear. Red marks are reduced, my skin is moisturised but not greasy, and congestion is now not an issue. Hormonal breakouts can occur, but go away within a day and are really small when using this. It's especially good in winter when my skin has to face harsh elements. A true miracle in a pot! And it smells DIVINE - I just open and smell if I'm feeling down and it cheers me up. I feel like I'm using a spa treatment whenever I use it.

It is pricy, but I've had my 15ml jar for a year now and am only halfway through it. You need the TINIEST amount for it to work - I know it's tempting to slather loads on but seriously it's not needed. For the best results, use less than half a pea size, and you will still be amazed. For the results it gives and the time it lasts, I am happy to pay this price. It doubles as a moisturiser for me. The only issue I have is the jar packaging - the lid doesn't fit on right which is really bizarre, and if I'm paying ~£40 for a high end product, this shouldn't be an issue. Apart from this, the packaging is nice and comes with a spatula which makes getting the product out simple and more hygienic.

Overall, highly recommend. If your skin is blemish prone but still sensitive and dehydrated like mine, then I would choose this over the Ylang Ylang because this solves a multitude of issues.

**Side-note: don't keep this in the bathroom - I think it's the humidity which is bad for beauty products (especially more natural ones), and I keep them in my bedroom for this reason. My mum has this one and the Essential Neroli Balm and kept it in her bathroom and the consistency has changed from the original formula whilst mine hasn't and we've had them the same length of time. Not sure if this affects the effectiveness, but I wouldn't risk it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by daiomi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dehydrated/dry skin. This product is a nice basic moisturizer for dry skin, but not for dehydration. The list if ingredients is short and natural and it will most likely not cause problems for sensitive skin. It is an oily products so better suited for nighttime use. I would Probably enjoyed this product more in my 20s, But being in my mid 30s I need something more antiaging properties That addresses the dehydration issues I'm having with my skin. I will keep on using this product during summer time Or if I go on vacation somewhere tropical, It really soothes the skin after sunbathing. That being said, I would strongly suggest this to women in their 20s would dry skin that just need a basic moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by MeerkatBz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thank you Decleor. I was about to cry as my Rosacea acne developped out of nowhere and over the course of 7 weeks caused the worst acne-like, dry pathed, red areay aroudn my nose and slightly on my cheeks. I have started using this product about two weeks ago, first interchangably with a night moisturizer, but now switched to this every night since every day I wake up with slighty less red, calmer and happier skin. The bumps have reduced in size, the patches are decreasing, and the redness is going away. I can get away with wearing Teint Miracle by Lancome and not feel self conscious, whereas, 9 days ago I felt like I had to layer the most covering of foundations I owned...
I am prone to break outs so I was worried that this waxy texture would be the death of me, but nope, nada, not a single new pimple anywhere on the face. My skin had a healthy glow (not shine), irritations looked appeased and some breakouts I had from a previous cream experiment also looked smaller.
When I put it on, my skin has the same shine after 10 minutes as before putting it on, which I did not expect (I expected to look like a disco ball).
Because of this, I will next buy the rose d'orient serum so that I can wear it during the day and I will look into other products by this brand. Having spent a lot of money trying to save my skin, I feel I have found a brand I can depend on and I don't have to look to the EL's, Lancomes, Chanel's, etc.
I am still on a hunt for a good winter, anti wrinkle moisturizer, so if anyone has any tips, let me know. Thoguh maybe if I try something else from Decleor, I'll answer myself :D
Please note that if you are paying the full price, than yes, these creams are very expensive (especially since the jars are tiny, but a) a little goes a long way and b) there's plenty of websites, especially in the UK, which offer large discounts and make every penny worth it).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by puxa

I'm on my fourth jar of this balm, which I bought based on the rave reviews here - I'm certainly not disappointed. I can't say if it does anything for wrinkles ( though I'm sceptical about products claiming to eliminate lines, preferring to focus on moisture), but it does calm my skin and at night it's a ritual when I rub some of the balm and pat it on my skin, inhaling the rose essential oils - bliss. My skin, which is oily to combination loved it and its usually quite sensitive to breaking out. Would certainly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by zazie33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me begin by saying that I’ve never believed in miracle skincare products – even more so after being disappointed by many expensive purchases...
Baume Rose d’Orient does not claim to be a youth elixir, and indeed I haven’t dropped 10 years since I’ve started using it – yet this product has performed subtle miracles on my skin and has greatly improved my evening skincare routine.
My skin used to exhibit red patches (especially in the cheek and nose area, and even more so in winter). Since a couple of years my skin had become uneven: my forehead in particular was not a smooth surface, but was quite “bumby”: you could feel it by running a finger aver it. Most important, you could see it. I understand this could be a reaction to aggressive treatments (exfoliating tonics, hard water), but even though changing my make-up removal routine slightly improved the situation, it didn’t solve the problem.
Enter Baume Rose d’Orient. The redness has almost disappeared, but even more striking is the extremely smooth texture of my skin – my pores have shrunken considerably and my skin looks really healthy: beautiful (if I may say so myself) and incredibly even. I have been using this baume for 2 months now and am exceedingly happy with the results - the bumps disappeared within the first few days of use, and never came back. The baume doesn’t seem to have an effect on my “main” wrinkles, but (like all good moisturizers) it has removed the fine lines due to dehydration.
Like all decleor baumes it doesn’t really smell as the namesake flower (which doesn’t top the ingredient list), and it has the grainy fondant texture of an oil that solidifies as it sits in the refrigerator – this baume is NOT a cream, NOR a gel. It goes on thick and it does NOT feel light.
But it is the perfect texture to follow one of those anti-aging/relaxing massage routines – and I encourage you to take advantage of it, as it also helps absorb the product faster. A traditional cream does not work for a massage – it doesn’t provide enough slip for a pleasant and effective experience.
I do these massages every evening (I’ve downloaded the Suqqu instructions, and when in lack of time I do an abbreviated version) and while the beautifying effects do not seem to last more than a few minutes (just after the massage my wrinkles seem less deep and the shape of my face more defined), I hope that they may give some long term benefits. Even if they do not, it’s a very pleasant way to end your day and go to bed relaxed and pampered, with unfurrowed brows and an uncrisped expression!
It feels good to spoil oneself a bit, and without throwing money out of the window!
I don’t enjoy the smell of this baume (in that respect, I prefer the Neroli one), but I found it the most effective skin-care product I’ve ever tried.
Maybe it just happened to be tailored for my issues, I don’t know, but while I still don’t believe in skin-care products claiming to toss the years off your face, I think I might believe in small skin-care miracles now…

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cant begin to tell you how dreamy this balm is. It sure feels and looks greasy after you've applied it, but it absorbs quickly into the skin. I apply it once a week before bedtime, and I immediately notice the radiance effect. In the morning I say hello to a smooth bright skin. Its helped me recover from allergic reactions to harsh Kanebo Sensai products. It also soothes random rashes from skin allergies. The weekly usage means the 15ml could last me a year, so no plans of repurchasing anytime soon.

Edited 8th Mar 2014: Up by 1 lipstick after showcasing itself as the ultimate lip hydration booster. Even better than the famed Nuxe lip balm. Glad to have this multi tasked in my arsenal. It's so concentrated, a little goes a long way. I was worried it may decompose since I've had the same lil pot almost 2 years, but the product still effective and intact.