August 23, 2014 | 1775 users online

Mascara - Ulta - Amped Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Gwenieeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my go to mascara, I love it so much! It combs through nicely, separates great, adds volume and length, and doesn't flake or clump. It doesn't give crazy drama so if you like very dramatic lashes this probably wouldn't be for you. It does have more of a wet formula but my lashes don't stick together so it's not a problem for me. Overall this is just a great product. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by missuniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara one of my all time favorites. The only thing that i can think would be possibly wrong is the price is kind of pricey 10 dollars, yes i know your probably thinking wow that's cheap compared to too faced etc. Its just for basically a generic brand i would expect it to be maybe 6,7,8. Rather then that it lengthens and volumizes great. I love it to comb through my lashes, it always de clumps and adds length. The volume could be better but i have thick lashes so its not really a problem for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is one of my favorites! It gives me so much length and holds the curl all day. One thing I would like would be a little more volume, but overall, this product is really nice. It never clumps and it doesn't feel heavy on my lashes. I don't own the waterproof one but it still NEVER smudges, and that's definitely hard to find.
This mascara is definitely worth the price and I would recommend for anyone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by danalovexox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Omg this mascara gives you mega volume! All time favorite mascara it will NEVER go to rest. The wand is amazing for getting every lash. And it's only 4 bucks!!!!! Worth it!!! The formula is perfect and so is the volume... GO GET YOU SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got Amped Lashes as Part of a Gift Set. I LOVE the Sleek Cylindrical Tube (Silver, I know they change these often) and the rubbery comb applicator that separated my lashes well as I applied. I got GREAT Volume and Length with this mascara. It looked GREAT. Then, less than an hour later, I did a mirror check and, I had black "eyeliner" all around my eyes, a real smokey smudged look. The only problem was that I wasn't wearing ANY eyeliner at all, the mascara had seemed to melt AROUND my eyes leaving an almost PERFECT smokey black smudged eyeliner look (not what I was really going for during the day) and my eyelashes were pretty much without mascara....really. I have never seen anything like it. No raccoon eyes even, no flaking. And I could NOT get the line under my eye (that appeared to be liner) off easily although I felt stupid looking with a dark smudgy look under the entire length of my eye.

This was NOT the waterproof mascara either, but it was rubbery. I finally gave up trying to get rid of my undereye "line" and just brushed more mascara through my lashes until I had once again achieved those full voluminous lashes that I had started out with and went on about the things that I had to get done. A while later I rechecked and I had an even MORE pronouned "smokey" line all the way around my eyes but my lashes were, once agin, no longer voluminous or thick. I gave up, pulled Too Faced LASHgasm out of my purse and filled in the lashes....not as voluminous but enough and quite long and, HEY with those SEXY bedroom eyes...I had it going on....for my trip to the dog park.

I tried Ulta Amped lashes several times as I do love the initial volume and length it gives but I had the same problem each time. So I have finally given up. I think I have one more tube and I put it up for swap.

3 lippies for initial volume and length and because at least it did not completely melt and leave an ugly mess. Instead I ended up with what appeared to be REALLY overdone waterproof (form a non-waterproof mascara) smokey liner all the way around my eyes. It was rubbery and exceedingly hard to remove.

Can't really recommend as I only got one hours worth of actual mascara wear out of each application and spent a good 10 minutes and a lot of eye makeup remover removing my "smokey liner"

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by adeleseddie

i love this product I've used this for about 8 months and i love it. its nice and doesn't clump the package utility and look is nice and it makes my lashes look big and full

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I was surprised at the poor ratings for this mascara. I have been using the Amped Waterproof Mascara for about 1 year and absolutely love it. I have Hashimoto's disease and it affects my thyroid resulting in the need for me to take medication for my thyroid to work properly. The result is that my eyebrows, eyelashes and all body hair has thinned...good for not having to shave or wax a lot but bad on my hair, eyebrows and eye lashes. I kid that I need a microscope to find my eyelashes to apply mascara. I also wear contacts and have never had issues with flaking from this mascara. What I think makes the difference in how I use compare to others that have reviewed is that I use a high end lash primer (2 coats) before applying 2-3 coats of Amped WP Mascara. I wait a minute or so between coats and de-clump using a metal eye lash comb. I finish the look by curling with a heated eye lash curler. I have no issues with smudging, flaking, etc.

To remove my eye make-up is another story and it did take me a few months to find a remover that lived up to the task! My search ended with Make Up Forever's Sens Eyes Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover. I pump a small amount out and work it gently into my eyelashes, then work it around my eyes and up into my eyebrows to remove all eye make-up, then wipe gently with a tissue. Sometimes I will need to work a small amount back across my eyelashes and I will leave it on for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then wipe off. This formula is great for sensitive eyes and it works to remove all my eye make-up.

I am very happy with this combination and will continue to use it. Prior to finding the Amped WP Mascara I was using the regular Amped and it too was a great product but would smear when wet and let's face it, when you live in South Texas and deal with the humidity all year round you are going to sweat or as we say "glisten" which creates the opportunity for make-up to start running and smearing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by classicgirl05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the Waterproof mascara in the color is 'Soft Black'

Packaging and Wand- The packaging is a sleek grey-blue matte metal. The wand is one of the spiky rubber ones, and is reasonably sized. The wand itself is rather flexible. I don't know how to feel about that, but it's not a problem to work with. The tube itself has a neat little stopper/plug sortof thing that scrapes off the excess, which I appreciate.

Color- It is indeed a soft black. In one coat it darkens my lashes, in two the color is true soft black, and very pretty.

Scent-smells of acrylic paints.

Waterproofy-ness and Formula- It's waterproof. It took cold cream to make this sucker budge. I had no issues with it transferring from my bottom lashes to my undereyes either. Once it's on, it's there to stay. The formula is medium to thick, and for lack of a better word, waxy. The waxy formula is a major fail in my opinion. I can get the mascara to look decent and then, before I know it and just by blinking normally, all my lashes get stuck/clumped together. It never fully dries, until I take it off it remains tacky and sticky feeling. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used several Ulta products and their Legendary Lengths mascara in either soft black or jet black has always been my go-to mascara. I got this mascara to try as they were buy one get one free at my local store. I bought my go to and got this one free. I was beyond highly disappointed with this product. I combed my lashes before applying, applied the product, combed through my lashes again afterward and an hour later my lashes are all stuck together in about three large clumps. Also, after wearing the mascara for almost eight hours, I can touch my finger to my lashes and it still feels tacky and sticky. I have naturally long and dark lashes so I am not a two or three coat girl. I only apply one coat. I also can not get the mascara off with my normal makeup remover. It is like putting clay or putty on your eyelashes. I can honestly say this is one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. I think the only things positive I can say about it is that I like the shape of the brush and I like that it comes in jet black.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sodapoprocks

EDIT: I have repurchased Amped Lashes since I made my original review & I can definitely say that it's NOT the same as the free mascara I received in the $17.50 Ulta kit. This stuff smells different (gross), and I don't think it ever dries. Be prepared for your eyelashes to stick shut every time you blink. It's not even in the same packaging. What gives? Won't repurchase!!

After using Ulta Amped Lashes for a few weeks, it is officially my HG mascara! I've used all of the "cult favorites" from Maybelline & Cover Girl, but every time I've had major issues with flaking. Before Amped Lashes, I'd have little flakes of fallout under my eyes part-way through a 9-hour work day. This stuff may take a little longer to dry, but it does NOT flake. The wand is somewhat short, but I feel it gives better control. The brush is one of those rubber-y ones. It tapers nicely at the end, and isn't too thick around. It gives great separation and lift. I'm very pleased. I thought it wasn't going to be nice (since it's just a store brand), but I'm glad I was sorely mistaken! It's $10, but oftentimes Ulta has a BOGO-free sale.