September 19, 2014 | 1555 users online

Powder - Chanel - Vitalumiere Eclat de Chanel Compact Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Omg love this powder so much, too bad it's been replaced with Chanel vitalumiere Compact douceur. I have bought the new one to try out but won't use it until I finish the original one. The original one is great. I use it ontop one my moisturizer, conceal a few imperfections and dust this over the top with my real techniques powder brush. Amazing results and I get so many compliments on it. It gives a natural finish and evens out your skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by hearmiaroar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The packaging is classic. I love how it comes in a black velvet pouch and an extra smaller brush for light application. For the price, it does look posh.

I've been using this product for a year now and it's nice. i find that the powder will look thick at first but after a few minutes, it will somehow blend into your skin and giving it a nice natural appearance.

However, I have to stop using it now because I find that this product is a culprit to my cheek blemishes. Also the powder seems to cause/emphasize the flakiness on my nose. My friends have also given the same feedback. Now we only use this for touch ups as it is a nice accessory to have in your handbag.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by kiyoshiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this about 3 months ago and since then I have only used it about 5 times. It is a lovely powder, but as someone who normally uses liquid foundation, I need something with a lot more coverage than this and currently use it as a setting powder. For those that do not need a lot of coverage and have pretty good skin, I would definitely recommend this. It has a lovely velvety finish and although it looks incredibly powdery/cakey/obvious upon first application, after an hour it blends nicely with the rest of the skin to give the illusion of perfect, poreless skin. For some reason both Chanel's mascaras and nail polishes give me a weird allergic reaction but thankfully this does not and does not feel heavy on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Despite all the wonderful reviews for this powder,,,,,,,this didn't work for me at all.......and i meant to the extend that i can't even keep it on my face for more than an hr without it drying out my face like a raisin....i duno whether it's a form of allergic reaction or anything else.......but it's just horrible for me and i spent almost 100 dollars on it.......I guess my face just really dun work well with Chanel's stuffs.......i've tried at least 3/4 of their powder but they all don't seem to work for me.........i guess i would have to leave this brand alone......

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Edit:17Sept 2013
    For the price I paid and for the brand as it is, the packaging is really really disappointing.
    I've opened and closed the compact in less than 15times and it started breaking. The amount of powder I've used does not even show a dent - that's how new it was. Now the cover comes off entirely when I open the compact. It's really embarrasing when I take it out to touch up my nose. Imagine, seeing Chanel but broken?? I brought it back to the counter and complained bitterly on the inferior packaging. Nothing they can do as they don't sell the packaging alone. For this simple reason, i will never buy this again. Sure, the powder is lovely but I would not compromise being seen using a broken powder compact. People would think I'm stingy and using a 5 year old expired powder! Shame on you Chanel!

-------------------------------------------------
    (1st review after about a week of use, before the compact started breaking up!):

I wanted a powder for touch up mid-day and on the go.
    Although it's a powder foundation, this is light enough if I just want to dust my nose to take away some mid-day shine. So, it's very convenient when I carry it with me. As a compact during the day and when I move into the night, I can touch up with a heavier application.
    I have dry skin and powders aren't supposed to be good for me, however, I've been told that this would be suitable for my skin type - Yeah!
    I love that it has a brush that fits in the compact. Touching up with a brush gives a less powdery and cakey look, not that this compact is. Even if it is, using the brush to buff a little will help.
    Love this and I am kicking myself for not getting this earlier as I had spent $$$ on other types of powder which didn't turn out as satisfactory as this one.
    Only peeve is I think the packaging is a little filmsy and I won't be surprised it will break on its hinges before I hit the pan! But, I'll still buy again, and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

I think this is the most expensive piece of makeup I own, but I got it for a very good price when I redeemed my hudson bay reward points, even then it was about $20.
    I use the Perfection Lumiere liquid foundation and wanted something on top that would give my skin an even more flawless finish. Although my skin doesn't look 100% flawless, it's a lot better than using translucent powder on my foundation.
    I like how this comes with a brush instead of the usual puff. It also comes with a sponge that you can wet, but I've never used the foundation with a damp sponge and don't intend on it either.
    The oil control is pretty good as I get oily on my nose really easily.
    Not really sure what else to say about it. It's my touch up powder, finishing powder on days that I want to look more flawless, has a slight floral scent but doesn't linger.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat Comfort Radiance Compact Makeup SPF 10.

The coverage is light to medium depending on your method of application. It comes with a powder puff and an amazing brush that can both be stored in the compact. Personally I use my Sigma F80 to apply it layer after layer. It leaves a smooth soft-matte finish to the skin which never looks cakey. As the day goes on (and take note: my skin is OILY and I live in a tropical climate), the finish becomes a dewy glow and not oily. Best powder foundation I have ever used!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

I am reviewing Vitalumiere Eclat Comfort Radiance Compact Makeup SPF 10 in B20 Beige Tendre.
    Lovely packaging and comes with a foam pad and a broad brush applicator - so you can brush it on or pat it on. Non drying - good color .

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by nwww

Good coverage,feels very light on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by midsummerdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this compact foundation so much <3 I have tried many brands such as Lancome, Mac, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier but I have to say Chanel made me stop trying another brands. If you have dry skin and nothing much to cover, this is suitable because it gave u a fresh and light look. It did not break my skin out even my skin is so sensitive.