October 30, 2014 | 1745 users online

Lips - Hard Candy - Lip Tattoo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is pretty average all around, I think. It's supposed to be a stain with a "breath-freshening" gloss? I don't know how this is possible unless you eat some of it lol. I bought the color poppy, and agree with all of the others who say it's not as opaque as it looks. For me, this product was just as good as a regular lip gloss, but that's all it was.....not a stain, as it claims to be. When I want to wear a lip stain, I want it to STAIN my lips, like ink. It shouldn't wipe away, and that's what it does. So like I said, decent product, but I'd look elsewhere if you want a good stain. For drugstore products, Pixi makes a pretty nice one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by RandomJazz

I bought this in Sangria because my favorite lip gloss was running out and the store I was at didn't carry it anymore. I love this, but it doesn't last long enough for me. I apply the stain, wait a few minutes, then apply the top coat. I blot it because I don't like the super-shiny look, just a little glossy. It works well for everyday lip wear, I think, if you don't like lip stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by pumibel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the color "Poppy", which strangely enough, looks and smells more like a Sangria. The "Sangria" shade looked more like a poppy to me. I love the lip stain. It is a beautiful color. I hate wearing lipstick because they are often too heavy, and I cannot stand sticky, gooey gloss. I tried the top coat, which is minty fresh and tingly, but it has that sticky, super glossy quality that I hate in lip glosses, so I only use the stain. It lasts a long time and looks absolutely fabulous. The color is definitely more sheer than it looks in the package, as others have stated, but I like it for that. I have tried it with two coats, which does deepen the color without making it thick and goopy, so this is an option when I want more color.

I would have rated it a five lip if it had not been for the useless top coat. I know some women will like it, but I would rather just have a bigger tube of stain than this double ended style. I hope HC might consider making larger tubes of just the stain as an option. Still, I would buy this again in the same color and maybe try a few others.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mysjae82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the color Sangria. I liked the color, and the way it smelled. When I pulled the lip stain wand out of the ball, the product immediately started dripping. It was so full of product, I really had to scrape it off, back into the bottle. The application of this felt like I was running water over my lips. It takes a while to dry, and the gloss is very sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Skitts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a bad lipgloss, it never dried, ever.... its the most watery thing ive ever bought in terms of lip products, the gloss side it basically their fortune teller gloss only tottaly clear.
I dont understand this at all

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow.. this stuff is amazing! i've tried revlons colorstay over time sheer lip color in many colors (sheer nude/rosette and champagne) and it does not compare to this. this is a step up from a plain old lip stain. i bought 3 of these, poppy, petal and sangria. i think i tried sangria first (i'm not too sure) it applies VERY sheer BUT the color is VERY buildable. revlons overtime lip color is not buildable at all. one coat and your done or it just blobs together and balls up. with the stain, i was able to actually build color from very sheer to pretty opaque and it dried very smooth and soft. i used my hair dryer on low med heat to help dry it faster and the dryer didnt ruin the application at all. the top coat is very very glossy, a bit too much for my liking. to the point where it looks over done. i'm sure many girls would like that feature though. i drank coffee and had street meat(hot dog) and this didn't move one bit. the color did not transfer onto my coffee cup either. absolutely loved it. the lip stain part of this is very liquidy and somewhat runny but it's still easy to work with. i shake it before i apply it, just because. the lip gloss party is very shiny as i mentioned and it smells of mint, which is pleasant. the ingredients arent that great. i have pigmented lips for reference and this works like a charm. i'd HIGHLY recommend and def buy again!
***EDIT*** after trying maybellines super stay lip color, i returned the 5 of these lip stains that i bought.. they no where compare to superstay. the colors are more pigmented and way longer lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by CreativeBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first, I wanted to poo-poo this as another cheap product that couldn't deliver. I bought it, first, in Sangria which didn't even show up on my lips, and then I exchanged it for Poppy, which doesn't look like a poppy but does actually show up.

I wore it once the other day, say most of my color come off on the lip gloss brush and then threw it in the drawer. I just wasn't even going to mess with it. But, then I pulled it out again today and gave it another try. I had to make sure there wasn't too much on the applicator when I applied it, and then I blotted a little bit after applying. Since it feels like it takes forever to dry, blotting it speeds the process up a little without actually taking any color off my lips. I think there must be some ingredient that is slowly evaporating. Idk.
Once it was dry, I applied the gloss (which I have always liked, though I don't think it is ever going to actually freshen anyone's breath).
I did like the hint of a sweet flavor to the stain. It never seemed to go away, so every time I licked my lips it was like I had a little honey on them. It was kind of nice. The color "poppy" is more of a sheer berry, to me, and it has a bit of a shimmer sheen in there...some very fine sparklies that give it a luminescence. It's quite nice. A little bit dark, so maybe not a very good summer or spring color but for right now it works.
So, so far, the lip tattoo has a nice color (even though I had to buy the darkest one to get it to show up), and a nice flavor; and it has non-sticky spearmint flavored gloss. But I just didn't see it living up to its name as a "tattoo"...until..

I wore it to the gym.

After the most frustrating time trying to get it to stay before, I was able to get it to stay put with that blotting technique and even the gloss stayed throughout a 40 minute cardio & light weight workout! It even lived through a few trips to the water fountain.
I don't know how many of you wear any make up to the gym, but I usually just don't bother to take mine off when the gym is the last thing on my to-do list for the day, and by then anything on my lips is gone anyway. But, I hate looking at myself in all those dang mirrors and thinking "ooh.. if only I had some make up on. I look terrible". This lip kept me feeling perky and lifted my self-esteem a little while I trudged along on the treadmill. I have yet to put it to a food/drink test or a kiss test, though I have high hopes.

I gave this product a 4 because of its limited colors. Shame.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Corrozus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've got this in 4 colours, champaign, poppy, sangria, and one other light pink one that I can't recall the name of. I find that if you layer the actual stain, letting it dry in between layers you can get it fairly opaque. The minty gloss makes my lips tingle, which I like a lot. It also smells great. I love the glitter and shimmer it has, and I adore the mint scented gloss, it's awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by linruth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I bought this lip stain I loved it. But now that I worn it out a couple of times I realize the staying power of this sucks really badly. It lasts max 30 minutes on me unless I apply alot. I bought this in the color sangria and at first I really liked the cherry-ice cream scent. But after a while it kind of made me sick. I probably buy it again if they improved the formula for this and removed the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in fantasy, which is a very nice frosty peach color.

The stain is sheer and unlike any stain I've ever used. The marker-type ones never work on my upper lip and the roller balls always leave a wet mess, but this one works really well. It takes a little long to dry but it lasts relatively long. It goes on easy and smells nice.

The minty top coat is cool and adds a lot of shine and depth.

I pretty much love this stuff :)