July 23, 2014 | 1917 users online

Cleansers - enkido - Cleansing Milk 2 in 1

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by GadoGado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for three days in the evening (I've been washing in the morning with enkido Sensitive Foaming Cleanser) and am really loving it. I've been on the hunt for a cleanser that will attend to my aging skin which tends to be dry, allergy-prone, and acne-prone. Up to now I've stayed away from creamy cleansers to not encourage the acne; treated the dryness with moisturizers; and used cleansers only to remove make-up or sunscreen (water-only washing otherwise). It's starting to get warm where I live, so I'm applying sunscreen often and am in increasingly drying environments with air conditioner use going up. This routine with the Cleansing Milk before bedtime has kept my skin balanced - moisturized, clean, and not irritated. The Cleansing Milk (which I rinse rather than swab off) removes all the sunscreen and makeup, and leaves my skin supple. When I wake up, it feels closer to normal than before when I felt either slightly dry from using too much of an astringent cleanser, or slightly greasy after washing with water only. It has a neutral smell, which I love. It is thicker than what I expected a 'milk' to be, but it has a ZERO toxicity rating on Skin Deep - cosmeticsdatabase.com. Thusfar, I have no complaints.

enkido (enkido.com.au) is a new Australian natural skincare line that has some of the lowest product toxicity ratings on Skin Deep. They have products for all skin types (including combinations), babies, and special treatments. They'll soon offer a mineral make-up as well. I'm really happy with the results thusfar, so I encourage you to try them out (they sell sample sizes in recyclable/reusable packaging!).

UPDATE: I've since finished with the Sensitive Foaming Cleanser and have been using the Cleansing Milk morning and night. I've developed some pimples around the edges of my face (hairline, near "side burns", jaw line) that are taking longer to go away than normal, so I've determined it may be too rich for spring and summer months.