October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Cleansers - enkido - Sensitive Foaming Cleanser

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by GadoGado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge fan of foaming cleansers because I know that bubbles and foaming DOES NOT mean it's good for your skin or is cleaning well. My experience about 95% of the time is that foaming cleansers strip my skin of everything, including good natural oils, and leaves it feeling dry and tight. This sometimes leads to irritation of my allergy-prone skin - another common frustration for those who need to address sensitivities first and sometimes have to ignore treating dryness, acne or other characteristics. Further, I prefer products with natural ingredients, and this standard rules out almost all foaming cleansers.

enkido (enkido.com.au) is a new natural skincare line produced in Australia that makes skincare and beauty products with natural ingredients that have extremely low toxicity ratings (check them out on Skin Deep cosmeticsdatabase.com).

Their Sensitive Foaming Cleanser is the best I've ever tried (I purchased a 4mL sample that lasted for about 5 morning washings of face and neck). On the first use I purposely waited before applying my moisturizer to see if my skin became dry or tight. It didn't happen! The smell is also neutral (and therefore not offensive or irritating to those of us who are sensitive).

I highly recommend you at least try this. I gave it a 4 rating because, as I said up front, I'm not a huge foaming cleanser fan. But this is my hands-down favorite, and for those with skin like mine (dry, allergy-prone, acne-prone) I doubt there will be few disappointments.

UPDATE: I've increased the rating because the ingredient list is so simple and it's really a great product. I use this alternately with Sukín Foaming Facial Cleanser, which is half the price but has a much longer ingredient list.