July 28, 2014 | 1087 users online

Moisturizers - Vivite - Replenish Hydrating Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by jasminsambac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best moisturizer ever, no glam here, but a really good soothing product. No perfume, but when it comes to face products I believe itīs a plus. As usual I will prefer an airless flask. A must have for me anyway.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Winthrop44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have rosacea with normal-dry, fragile, super-sensitive skin. Like the reviewer below me I was hoping this would replace my MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream which I had happily used for over 6 years. When I compared the ingredient lists (see both below) I was disappointed to see that the Vivite had more preservatives/less of the "good stuff" than the MD Forte, but in the end decided to give the Vivite a try anyway. The Vivite does smell exactly the same as the MD Forte, and the texture is very similar, but that's where the similarities ended for me. My face burned/stung and turned red, and a 2 x 3 inch patch on one side of my face became raised and bumpy, almost immediately. I was very surprised about the angry patch because that is not an overly sensitive area of my face, and while my cheeks often turn red when my skin doesn't like something I've never had such a bad immediate reaction to a product before. I have no idea if the problem was the slightly different silicones in the new formula (which would be odd as my skin loves silicones in general) or the much higher amount of imidazolidinyl urea. Imidazolidinyl urea is a formaldehyde-releasing preservative that I was hoping would be eliminated in any reformulation, certainly not increased. Needless to say I won't be repurchasing this again; in fact I returned it.

MD Forte:

Purified Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Cyclomethicone (and) Polysilicone-11, Sucrose, Cocoate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Sericin, Sodium PCA, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Superoxide Dismutase, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceramide III, Bisabolol, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Tocopherol, Millet (Panicum Millaceum) Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Cholesterol, Allantoin, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Butylene Glycol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea

Vivite:

Purified Water, Glycerin, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Sucrose Cocoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Sericin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium PCA, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Glycosaminoglycans, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Cholesterol, Polysilicone-11, Millet (Panicum Millaceum) Extract, Methylparaben, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Cellulose Gum, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Butylene Glycol Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Ceramide III, Allantoin, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Superoxide Dismutase, And Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MsFernandez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So this stuff replaced my beloved MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream, that I used 2x a day religiously for like a million years without problem. I am so disappointed :(. The look and smell and consistency are exactly the same, so I was thinking "YESSSSS! Easy transition!!" But then I used it and all of a sudden my skin went "NOOOOOO! I think not!!!" The ingredients are definitely different. More preservatives. I used it once, by the end of the day I was breaking out. I thought, coincidence maybe? TOTM maybe? Continued to use, continued to break out. Stopped using, cleared up. Not a coincidence. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by geraniumkiss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this moisturizer, and I never would have discovered it if it hadn't been for MUA (thank you). I have mature, but still troublesome and acne-prone skin, but this is the best moisturizer I have used. It doesn't seem to break me out, but it moisturizes incredibly well. My acne-prone daughter uses this, and loves it, too. It's expensive, but works and is worth every penny. Definitely will buy again, and have done so already!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Rosacea, clog-prone skin here. So far no clogs and it calms redness. Moisturizing without being greasy. This contains green tea, licorice and bisabolol - 3 ingredients that my rosacea loves. A little goes a long way and the 2 oz jar lasts forever, so I think the price is decent. I always buy online during sales.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by kjb778

Let me first say a couple things about myself, I am extremely acne prone and have fairly sensitive skin. Looking for a moisturizer that doesn't break me out is a huge challenge. I have yet to figure out which ingredients are my triggers. I have used simple ingredient lotions that still broke me out or caused me to look greasy. I have fair combination skin (t-zone oily) that easily burns from sun or products and it gets dry very easily from acne type treatments (bha, aha, BP etc.)

With all this being said, this product comes in a jar (not a deal breaker for me since I wash my hands before using), has a mild if any real scent, goes on dewy and not greasy, feels very light and absorbs well. My skin truly feels moisturized and supple. Wish I had used this sooner. I like Vivite's Lip Plumper to keep my lips smooth for years, actually its my HG product I put on before bed to keep my lips soft, otherwise they get very dry (like AJ) looking and peel.

Past products used: LRP, (I will update this LOOOOOONG list)

I will update if it causes acne, but it hasn't yet. So far I am sold. Give it a try if you are having a hard time finding a nice moisturizer.

UPDATE 2/5/13: it does cause some minor acne after continued use. I can use it once in a while but not continuously : (

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 7:24:00 AM More reviews by shacey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only moisturizer I've repurchased four times. It took me this long to review because I kept expecting something to go wrong with my super sensitive, rosacea prone skin. But nope! This is an effective moisturizer that has seemed to rebuild my natural skin barrier. It has been almost a year of regular usage - morning and night- and my skin is less red and irritated. In winter months and at night I typically wear this over a serum like estee lauder's anr. This is my holt grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Deadhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful cream. It is exactly like MD Forte's hydrating cream (They are the same company, but Vivite products "upgraded" quality). I have used both this and the MD Forte with good results.

I love this cream when I've been using Retin-a or have just had a glycolic acid peel done. It is very soothing and rich, but it doesn't break me out. This is great for my skin in cold winters or after long flights. And actually, this cream has saved me more than once when I've overworked my skin with acne products. It calms everything right down and helps eliminate redness. I've even used it as an eyecream.

I will rebuy... if I ever run out. A little goes a very long way with this cream!

ETA: I'm no longer using Vivite products. I switched to pregnancy-safe products (Belli Skin Care and Mama Mio).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by shylaugh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the exact same product of the MD Forte line except it is 5-10 $ more. MD Forte hydrating cream is the same except a different color container. But both are good. I have used the hydrating cream for 5 years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by RHanson

HG, and not afraid to say it. This lotion is incredibly hydrating. I say hydrating because it literally adds water to the skin. It is as though something is pumping a hose underneath your skin and making everything youthful, glowing, and fully hydrated.

The lotion has the texture of crisco. Do NOT be scared. Once it contacts skin, it melts perfectly. This is incredibly amazing for dry winter skin, and I currently use it as I am on accutane, and my skin is starting to peel.

Another great use for this, is that it works wonders as a makeup primer. Possibly the best I've ever used. I just use 1/2 of what I would normally use at night.

And possible the best part. I never knew it, but underneath some pink from irritation that I have in my skin, I never knew its true color. The lotion gradually, but effectively, got rid of redness, including some acne marks. I now experience a golden glow to my skin.

I love this moisturizer so much that I really want you to get it!!!

Progress:

First three days: Flakiness starts to disappear, mild redness gone
Second three days: Flakiness almost gone, skin is glowing when I wake up
Third three days: Flakiness gone 100%, skin is hydrated, makeup goes on smoother
Fourth three days: Skin is never greasy, always supple and dewy, acne scars begin to fade
Fifth three days: Acne scars fading even more, very excited
Sixth three days: Besides a few acne red marks, my skin has a completely uniform tone and dewiness
Seventh three days: Flakiness returns ever so slightly due to cold weather and accutane
Eighth three days: Flakiness gone, acne scars somewhat gone
Ninth three days: Where I am now, My skin has not looked this good in so long.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No