August 22, 2014 | 1980 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This just wasn't any good. I am used to primers that work and this one just doesn't. Not recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this as I noticed my eyelids had some redness that I wanted to even out. I'm not sure this is the same as a primer. It is called Eye Shadow Base "Base A Fard A Paupieres" in a skin tone and it acts and feels like a primer. it does even out the color which I apply with a very tiny brush (it does not come with any time of applicator and comes in a jar - which is why I gave the packing 1 lippy). It doesn't cake up, seems to last all day, even in heat and humidity, and gives me a natural look. My only concern is that with it being in a small jar, that it will dry out long before I use all of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As every other eyeshadow bases this is supposed to make your eyeshadows stay throughout the day, making the colours more vibrant and prevent creasing. The product comes in a jar and you get a good amount of product for a very low price. The first times I applied it I used my fingers, but I switched to using a flat eyeshadow brush (because of hygienic reasons).

The colour is a skintone colour, but if you're really pale this will actually be a little bit dark. I'm not pale but I have a quite light skintone, and if I blend this all the way up to my brow, my eyes look orange and weird. I always make sure to tone down the base with a lighter eyeshadow. The consistency is creamy, yet dry. It applies even all over the lid and doesn't crease within the first hours. One thing I've noticed is that my eyes get really sore throughout the day. I'm not sure why, but I guess it's because of the strong scent of perfume. It smells like a grandmothers perfume, not that it's a bad thing but it's really strong and not that pleasant. My eyes are a little bit sensetive, so if you got really sensetive eyes, I guess this won't work for you.

What's really good about this primer though, is the fact that it makes my eyeshadows last all day long. The colours still looks as vibrant as they did in the morning when I'm removing my makeup in the evening. After a couple of hours it tends to crease a little bit, but it's not that bad. Sometimes my eyelids get really oily, and when that happens, it creases REALLY bad. This doesn't happen all the time though, I have kind of weird eyelids.. (;

I probably won't repurchase this, mainly because of the soreness I get throughout the day and the fact that it smells awful. As soon as you open the lid you can smell the horrible scent and in the early mornings that's not pleasant AT ALL. Overall, stay way from this is you have sensetive eyes. It will make your eyes water like crazy and make them really sore. That's what happens to me if I use it a couple of days in a row. :/

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't suggest this for anyone with monolids or watery eyes. I found this base a little greasy even when eyeshadow was applied on top. This base did make the eyeshadow color stand out and be more vibrant yet it creased within an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Pinkhairdontcare

I love this product but hate the packaging. NOTE this product is not a primer it is a base, it doesn't claim to be a primer and It does have a colour to it; it would be better to say that it was like a glow pot without the glow haha. Anyway this product works well as a starter for your eyeshadows, it does help them stay but also assists in blending etc. I find that at the end of the day my eyeshadow has creased a little bit but still intact. My one gripe is the packaging I just don't like it you have to stick your finger in there like you would a lipgloss and it's just gross. However all in all I love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off I love the packaging & the price isn't too bad either. BUT sadly I do not like the product. It makes the skin on my eye lid dry & flaky. I'd also prefer if it came in a lighter color. I really like the idea of this product so if they ever improve or "change" the formula I would try it again. Until then though I'll stick with my Mac paint pot in "utterly becoming". It's amazing! I'd definitely recommend that over the NYX so if you're looking for a skin toned base you won't be disappointed if you go w the Mac paint pot.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by justinetindall

Absolute garbage.

Creased on me within 1 hour. Did not hold my eye shadow in place AT ALL.

Such a waste of money.

Returning asap. Don't waste your money on this crap

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was absolutely terrible. My eye shadows all picked up a yellow-y cast from this product, they creased all over (even if I did use an eye shadow primer), and it didn't make my colors pop enough to justify the purchase. I imagine the white version of this would be better for more intense colors, but this one was just a terrible waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff, but it's too dark for me. The formula is seriously so amazing, if they only made it in a lighter shade I could use it for my dark circles!! I am praying they make lighter shades because this stuff is phenomenal. Looks like skin, covers well, doesn't budge, lasts all day. If it matches some of you lucky ones, it functions as a phenomenal/perfect/undetectable concealer. If they made my shade I would honestly go out and buy 10 pots of this just so I never run out. Sometimes I mix it with a paler concealer so I can still use it, that's how much I love it. This will match around an NC/NW 35-40. It is also very good as the lid primer, it gives you a very soft "blurrrred lines ;)" effect, making the skin look silkier and nicer, and doesn't crease.

***Edit, just read the review below mine, and I totally agree about using this for the under-eye! I did try layering it under my regular concealer and for me it was still looking a little too dark, and just not as dramatic as I wanted. However, I do second her recommendation because the formula is literally perfection for the under-eye, and others may be able to make it work depending on your skin color or application.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

!!!..Pale/fair ladies (or gentlemen, makeup doesn't discriminate)..!!!
You can use this as a (pre?) concealer for undereye bags/circles. I have very heavy, genetic bags under my eyes that even the strongest concealer will not cover. With the NYX skin, It's a combination of the darker skin colour (most pale people will find the shade to be darker then their natural skin colour) and peachy tones, that cancel the blue tint of the under eye circles. I go over the NYX base with my usual concealer. Works like magic, everytime.

As an eyeshadow base, this gives a great 'stick'. I do notice that a lot of my shadows appear more pigmented.
My only issue is it can be a little hard to get the product your finger and not under your nails; this can be solved by using a vegan brush (Real Techniques or Sigma Mr/Mrs Bunny are great) to pick up the product.