October 25, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ehartman

This product isn't horrible but it isn't great. It does crease pretty easy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have small oily lids. They're hooded in a Jennifer Lawrence way. I wanted to see if I could get away with a cheap primer, but this was just a waste. I need a longer lasting product.

The "skintone" color is neutral enough to work with my basic everyday shadows. The creasing was worse *with* the primer than it would have been without, because the colored primer creased as much as the shadow.

For about an hour my shadow was more vibrant. It popped and all that good stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I picked this up at Target the other day. I needed a base for my eyeshadows and wanted something drugstore before jumping to anything that is high end. I got the base in skin tone because I thought that the white one would be visible if you didn't cover it up entirely with shadows and I liked that it would look natural. It is a little darker than my skin tone and you definitely have to remember that a little goes a long way with this base. I use a Real Techniques blending brush to apply this because it is big enough to do the job. I think there are probably better bases out there to try and this one was $6.99 which is a little pricey for something that is just ok in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

It's alright, but only on people with non-oily lids without hooded eyelids. My friend can pull this off, but I just can't. Then again, no waxy/tub/stick eyeshadow base has worked on me yet. They may increase wear time from 2 hours to 3-4 without, but hasn't surpassed either ELF's Glitter Glue, Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy, or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Then again, all of those are gel-based, a different kind of primer. Rating reflects this.

This works alright/well on people that can use the waxy/tub primers. It's inexpensive and works the same as MAC's paint pots.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by OrangeUGlad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff creases like crazy. First I tried it with NYX Milk layered on top to make my eyeshadow pop. Around noon, my eyelids started feeling greasy and strange. So I checked it out in the mirror, and lo and behold; my eyelids were a greasy, crease-y, hot mess.
I thought that maybe Milk had caused the creasing, so I tried the next day without it. Same results. Finally, I tried it underneath my under eye concealer. When I layered my concealer on top, it just looked cakey - and then it settled into my fine lines. It just didn't make a good base for any type of eye makeup.
The colour is pretty orange on me. It's a colour I'd much rather use as an under eye dark circle corrector rather than as an eyelid primer or eyeshadow base.
The jar and stuff is nice enough. Comes in a 6 g plastic jar. It's not ugly, but it isn't super cute either.
On the plus side, the product didn't have any sort of smell, and the price was pretty good. It's too bad NYX and I couldn't make this relationship work, but hey, it hurts less when I still have some cash.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by KristinaKr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After having used the Urban Decay and Make up forever one i decidet to save on this type of product and buy a cheeper version. Since NYX had good reviews i went with this one.
Well... i guess you get what you pay for. It is a very average product. Of course it gives a better result than not usin any eyeshadow base at all but you can not really compare it to the high end ones... Im not even sure if im going to use it up. The packaging is huge and even though im at the very beginning i cannot wait it to end soon in order to justify buying another one from Urban Decay or Make up Forever... :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This just wasn't any good. I am used to primers that work and this one just doesn't. Not recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this as I noticed my eyelids had some redness that I wanted to even out. I'm not sure this is the same as a primer. It is called Eye Shadow Base "Base A Fard A Paupieres" in a skin tone and it acts and feels like a primer. it does even out the color which I apply with a very tiny brush (it does not come with any time of applicator and comes in a jar - which is why I gave the packing 1 lippy). It doesn't cake up, seems to last all day, even in heat and humidity, and gives me a natural look. My only concern is that with it being in a small jar, that it will dry out long before I use all of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As every other eyeshadow bases this is supposed to make your eyeshadows stay throughout the day, making the colours more vibrant and prevent creasing. The product comes in a jar and you get a good amount of product for a very low price. The first times I applied it I used my fingers, but I switched to using a flat eyeshadow brush (because of hygienic reasons).

The colour is a skintone colour, but if you're really pale this will actually be a little bit dark. I'm not pale but I have a quite light skintone, and if I blend this all the way up to my brow, my eyes look orange and weird. I always make sure to tone down the base with a lighter eyeshadow. The consistency is creamy, yet dry. It applies even all over the lid and doesn't crease within the first hours. One thing I've noticed is that my eyes get really sore throughout the day. I'm not sure why, but I guess it's because of the strong scent of perfume. It smells like a grandmothers perfume, not that it's a bad thing but it's really strong and not that pleasant. My eyes are a little bit sensetive, so if you got really sensetive eyes, I guess this won't work for you.

What's really good about this primer though, is the fact that it makes my eyeshadows last all day long. The colours still looks as vibrant as they did in the morning when I'm removing my makeup in the evening. After a couple of hours it tends to crease a little bit, but it's not that bad. Sometimes my eyelids get really oily, and when that happens, it creases REALLY bad. This doesn't happen all the time though, I have kind of weird eyelids.. (;

I probably won't repurchase this, mainly because of the soreness I get throughout the day and the fact that it smells awful. As soon as you open the lid you can smell the horrible scent and in the early mornings that's not pleasant AT ALL. Overall, stay way from this is you have sensetive eyes. It will make your eyes water like crazy and make them really sore. That's what happens to me if I use it a couple of days in a row. :/

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't suggest this for anyone with monolids or watery eyes. I found this base a little greasy even when eyeshadow was applied on top. This base did make the eyeshadow color stand out and be more vibrant yet it creased within an hour.