February 26, 2015 | 1742 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2015 12:44:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a big no for me. I have oily lids, and my shadow creases with this within a couple of hours. Very disappointed. It's very thick and not easy to spread, but that would be ok if it worked.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2015 10:50:00 PM More reviews by choux

Definitely not for oily lids. My shadows kept creasing after about 4 hours. Plus it's so thick that I had a hard time getting it to my lash line so I couldn't test how well it helped with eyeliner.

Edit: I tried it some more and holy cow it irritated my eyes so much. It just got worse every time I tried it and I can't keep it on for more than 5 minutes before the irritation made me take it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by amariemxo

i use this to highlight & define my brows , its easy to blend . i like it .

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was average to me, it didn't do alot and I have oily eye lids so I need alot from a product.. I liked the price it was fairly cheap and it does even out my eye lids, but thats about all it did, my eyeshadow didn't last any longer then if I weren't wearing an lid base, it smells kinda funky too, on the latex side. I don't hate it, i'll probably use up the little pod (which I adore) but I won't be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by coldwarkid

The stuff is average.I wish I will love this as the price is good for the amount of product you will get, however my heart holds no love for this product. It does give the exact same color from the pan, and it helped control the glitter bomb effect that my UD eyeshadow (forgot the shade name) is notorious for. It prevented the glitters from falling and landing everywhere on my face but that is expected of any primer. The color/intensity lasted for a good 2 hours but it faded after that. I'm thinking it's me.. I have super oily lids. So no..not impressed. I agree with the reviewer who said this stuff isn't for girls with oily AND hooded lids as I am exactly that person. Off to search yet again for the HG eye primer I suppose.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ridasiregar

I like this product! It made my eyeshadow long lasting, I use it in the morning then at afternoon time I wash my face for prayer, my eyeshadow still there! Like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff way more thank I expected! I really like how the flesh color cancels out any redness in my lids, and the base keeps my eyeshadow perfect all day. Works way better than the more liquid types for me. I do not have oily lids at all, and I really had to scrub this off at the end of the day - it holds that well. Love the little pot, also. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ehartman

This product isn't horrible but it isn't great. It does crease pretty easy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I picked this up at Target the other day. I needed a base for my eyeshadows and wanted something drugstore before jumping to anything that is high end. I got the base in skin tone because I thought that the white one would be visible if you didn't cover it up entirely with shadows and I liked that it would look natural. It is a little darker than my skin tone and you definitely have to remember that a little goes a long way with this base. I use a Real Techniques blending brush to apply this because it is big enough to do the job. I think there are probably better bases out there to try and this one was $6.99 which is a little pricey for something that is just ok in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

It's alright, but only on people with non-oily lids without hooded eyelids. My friend can pull this off, but I just can't. Then again, no waxy/tub/stick eyeshadow base has worked on me yet. They may increase wear time from 2 hours to 3-4 without, but hasn't surpassed either ELF's Glitter Glue, Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy, or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Then again, all of those are gel-based, a different kind of primer. Rating reflects this.

This works alright/well on people that can use the waxy/tub primers. It's inexpensive and works the same as MAC's paint pots.