December 21, 2014 | 1502 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was average to me, it didn't do alot and I have oily eye lids so I need alot from a product.. I liked the price it was fairly cheap and it does even out my eye lids, but thats about all it did, my eyeshadow didn't last any longer then if I weren't wearing an lid base, it smells kinda funky too, on the latex side. I don't hate it, i'll probably use up the little pod (which I adore) but I won't be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by coldwarkid

The stuff is average.I wish I will love this as the price is good for the amount of product you will get, however my heart holds no love for this product. It does give the exact same color from the pan, and it helped control the glitter bomb effect that my UD eyeshadow (forgot the shade name) is notorious for. It prevented the glitters from falling and landing everywhere on my face but that is expected of any primer. The color/intensity lasted for a good 2 hours but it faded after that. I'm thinking it's me.. I have super oily lids. So no..not impressed. I agree with the reviewer who said this stuff isn't for girls with oily AND hooded lids as I am exactly that person. Off to search yet again for the HG eye primer I suppose.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ridasiregar

I like this product! It made my eyeshadow long lasting, I use it in the morning then at afternoon time I wash my face for prayer, my eyeshadow still there! Like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff way more thank I expected! I really like how the flesh color cancels out any redness in my lids, and the base keeps my eyeshadow perfect all day. Works way better than the more liquid types for me. I do not have oily lids at all, and I really had to scrub this off at the end of the day - it holds that well. Love the little pot, also. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ehartman

This product isn't horrible but it isn't great. It does crease pretty easy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I picked this up at Target the other day. I needed a base for my eyeshadows and wanted something drugstore before jumping to anything that is high end. I got the base in skin tone because I thought that the white one would be visible if you didn't cover it up entirely with shadows and I liked that it would look natural. It is a little darker than my skin tone and you definitely have to remember that a little goes a long way with this base. I use a Real Techniques blending brush to apply this because it is big enough to do the job. I think there are probably better bases out there to try and this one was $6.99 which is a little pricey for something that is just ok in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

It's alright, but only on people with non-oily lids without hooded eyelids. My friend can pull this off, but I just can't. Then again, no waxy/tub/stick eyeshadow base has worked on me yet. They may increase wear time from 2 hours to 3-4 without, but hasn't surpassed either ELF's Glitter Glue, Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy, or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Then again, all of those are gel-based, a different kind of primer. Rating reflects this.

This works alright/well on people that can use the waxy/tub primers. It's inexpensive and works the same as MAC's paint pots.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by OrangeUGlad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff creases like crazy. First I tried it with NYX Milk layered on top to make my eyeshadow pop. Around noon, my eyelids started feeling greasy and strange. So I checked it out in the mirror, and lo and behold; my eyelids were a greasy, crease-y, hot mess.
I thought that maybe Milk had caused the creasing, so I tried the next day without it. Same results. Finally, I tried it underneath my under eye concealer. When I layered my concealer on top, it just looked cakey - and then it settled into my fine lines. It just didn't make a good base for any type of eye makeup.
The colour is pretty orange on me. It's a colour I'd much rather use as an under eye dark circle corrector rather than as an eyelid primer or eyeshadow base.
The jar and stuff is nice enough. Comes in a 6 g plastic jar. It's not ugly, but it isn't super cute either.
On the plus side, the product didn't have any sort of smell, and the price was pretty good. It's too bad NYX and I couldn't make this relationship work, but hey, it hurts less when I still have some cash.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by KristinaKr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After having used the Urban Decay and Make up forever one i decidet to save on this type of product and buy a cheeper version. Since NYX had good reviews i went with this one.
Well... i guess you get what you pay for. It is a very average product. Of course it gives a better result than not usin any eyeshadow base at all but you can not really compare it to the high end ones... Im not even sure if im going to use it up. The packaging is huge and even though im at the very beginning i cannot wait it to end soon in order to justify buying another one from Urban Decay or Make up Forever... :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This just wasn't any good. I am used to primers that work and this one just doesn't. Not recommended.