October 21, 2014 | 1270 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Silky-Finish Lipstick in Ms. Behavin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

After seeing this on youtubers, I gave it a shot, even though it's a scary almost black shade in the tube. I have worn this swiped on in the traditional way, but I don't really like dark lips on myself. I typically dab this on, then blend, and it leaves more of a deep berry stain that I can wear without feeling self-conscious. Nice, smooth formula, though not a long-lasting one, but the fade is pretty gradual. I like this for the fall and winter when I have a lighter eye makeup look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by RBBJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! I must admit that my interest awoke a couple of years ago when I first saw the movie Twilight. I didn't wanna by it back then because of the price.

Now on the other hand, I've matured a bit, and found my style. I like darker reddish lips, none of that baby lip perfect peach tutti fruity for me. This lipstick definitely gives a darker and more defined lip, so if you're not into that, don't buy!

About the product...

The packaging is really great! Sleek and black! It's very luxurious and compact (sturdy maybe even?). I wouldn't be afraid to throw this in my purse on the go (not one of those products where you have to hope and pray it won't open and spill out).

The color is a sort of purple with delicate blue shimmers. Don't be afraid, you don't see the shimmers on the lips! It gives this one of a kind feel to it, and when you apply you get a lot more debt to the lips, than with your regular red (or purple) lipstick. Unique is the right word!

The smell.. There is a faint citrus smell I think, but nothing you notice. I had to 'sniff' it before I could smell anything.

The consistency of the lipstick is VERY creamy. A little goes a long long way. I could imagine it would sink a bit into wrinkles. But a primer should take care of that problem. But being creamy often means it doesn't stay on for that long. Which is also the case here.

I recommend putting on a lip balm before and then apply this with your finger, to achieve that 'just eaten berries' look.

FYI! if you would like a lipstick of some sort that stays for a long time I recommend the Almost Lipstick from Clinique in Black Honey. It gives a bit of a stain and is very build able. It might look scary, but doesn't transfer that dark. It's amazing. It is, to this day, still my favorite lipstick of all times!

Ms Behavin is a lipstick with a hundred different possibilities. Try it! If you like red and defined lips, you won't regret it!

Overall rating only four, because I would have loved some more staying power for the price. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by MsMinipony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous color for fair skin for sure. For the record, I am not a twilight fan and when I bought it I didn't know it was used in the movie. I use this both as a lipstick and a cheek stain, mainly at night because it can seem a bit too much during the day. Also, I apply it with my fingers or a lip brush, never from the bullet. It is a rather creamy matte stain on me and works very well with a lighter pink shimmery gloss on top if that's the look you want. The one thing I don't like about this is that it's not very moisturizing at all in my opinion. I always make sure I moisturize my lips properly before I use this because otherwise they will feel tight after a couple of hours (I don't have particularly dry lips normally). Lasting power as a lipstick is average I'd say, I do have to reapply a couple of times during the night but it takes quite little and is easy to blend. As a cheek stain lasting power is excellent. Overall, I will continue buying this just for the great color and versatility. Might just have to stock up on Blistex as well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This lipstick is very buildable, as many others have noted.
There is no chunky glitter or shimmer at all in this lipstick, it is a nice sheer creamy shade of plummy purple.

It is not drying at all, and very moisturizing.

I like using this shade full on with lots of pigment. However, this is where the quality of this lipstick goes down a little. Since this lipstick is so glossy and sheeny on its own, the colors start seeping into the lip lines, ESPECIALLY if you use gloss over it. Not an attractive look.

I don't recommend this for older ladies, as the texture may just not be what you're looking for, with it seeping into lines. Perhaps if you used it sheerly!

A drugstore dupe for this shade MAY be Revlon Colorburst in Grape. I own that one. The textures are a tad different though!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by davyjonessays

Absolutely beautiful-- the colour I was looking for. It's very buildable, which means it can easily transition from a daytime to a nighttime look. I tend to wear it as a stain, but I'm always tempted to just lather it on and go for a dramatic look. Very glossy and smooth, the only downside is it definitely dries out quickly, especially when you do a light stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this lipstick is really pretty! At first I bought it because I heard some of the cullens wore it in the twilight movies, but then I tried it and loved it! Before I would never even look at a colour like this, but when I just put a bit on and then blend it with my finger, it is such a pretty colour! Plus this lipstick I think is pretty moisturizing and definitely very pigmented. Overall I will definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes, I bought this because it is the color used on the Twilight sets for the vampires lips. Most notably- Edward. But besides this fun little fact that allows us girls to play vampire whenever we please, the color is gorgeous, whether you are a twihard or not. It is one of the silky finish lipsticks housed in a slim black case. It goes on a sheer blood-berry but is easily built up to a softly glossy wine blackberry with some bloody tones as well. Obviously it looks FANTASTIC with very pale skin, softly flushed cheeks and black lashes.... you know, like a vampire! I believe this shade is the reincarnation of the old benefit lipstick 'misbehavin' with a slightly cuter name and different formula, i'm not sure about the color. I've added a picture with ms. behavin blotted down to a stain- doing my best Rosalie impression :) Also, for anyone wondering- 'good to go' lipstick from the same line is the color used for Bella Swan's character.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No