November 22, 2014 | 1923 users online

Toners - Origins - Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Plantidote Mega-Mushroom Treatment Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by gljl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried the free sample and noticed it lightened my broken capillaries!!! Even my friends noticed. Woohoo!! Maybe it simply made my skin less sensitive thus my veins become less obvious.
MAJOR LOVE

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Jennacampbell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I'm on a quest for natural beauty products and the sales lady at sephora suggested origin and gave me some samples. I looked up the ingredients, number TWO on this is butylene glycol!!! All of Origins products are full of harmful chemicals they just have Some natural ingredients too! Ug, the search continues.... Anyone who knows some healthy natural brands that actually do something more than rubbing olive oil on your face, PLEASE let me know...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Drivengirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loyal to this! Amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. A friend of mine recommended me and I decided to try it. After double cleansing, my skin usually shows a little redness, and this lotion calms them down. It brightens up my skin and my skin feels quite moisturised. My skin looked so fresh, clean and bright (not patched at all), all ready for the serum and moisturiser. I've tried quite a number of toners and this one performs even better than the expensive ones. It has become a regular feature of my daily routine, in the past I don't use toners that regularly.

Update: The lotion for this review is "Dr Andrew Weil for Origins: Mega Mushroom SKIN RELIEF SOOTHING Treatment Lotion". It doesn't have the word 'PLANTIDOTE' in its name. The names are so confusing. hope it's the same one that's reviewed in this column.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift and I would probably not buy this again for myself, since it's too expensive for me as a toner.
It's very refreshing, no stinging or greasy feeling after application, but still hydrating and calming.
I don't think it has improved my skin condition, but it feels great after using a cleanser that might be too drying.
I just pour a bit into my palm, I don't use a cotton pad and then quickly smooth it over my face. A nice product, but nothing earth-shattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by connieconnie

You won't see a big difference on your skin but it just makes your skin condition very stable, when my skin is sensitive or during seasons changing, I would use this.
I would apply this by hands not cotton pads..
I would recommand this and buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by kwippy

I think this is a great product when used in conjunction with the entire line of mushroom products. I agree with other users that this may be a bit harsh for extremely sensitive skin but it does feel more toned after a few months of use. I may try to use my fingers to apply since I find the cotton ball can be a bit abrasive for my sensitive skin. Unlike the serum I reviewed, this smells pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in conjunction with the mega mushroom serum and it works like a dream. I have highly sensitive combination skin, as in scaly itchy red patches and rashes. This toner is fantastic, it soothes my skin and hydrates it leaving my face feeling very very comfortable which is great for after exfoliation when the skin is a little red. I don't know how this performs on its own with a different moisturiser or serum but i do feel that it increases the effect of my serum. I use 2-3 drops on my fingers and tap into my skin, i feel that using a cotton pad wastes a lot of the product. If you are looking for a soothing toner and looking into this range, give it a go!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by DarinaArt

I love this stuff. I'm not sure what's in it that has improved my skin, but I'll take it either way. It is bit pricey for a toner at $30, but I don't have a fancy shmancy moisturizer at the moment so I felt its okay to splurge on this. Plus, its the most affordable thing in the origins Dr. Weil range...
The best way to describe what it's done for my complexion so far is that it just looks brighter and healthier. My pores seems smaller, and my skin is just more pleasant to look at without make on. I would definitely recommend this, and will be repurchasing in the future.
Oh FYI, I've been using this in combination with Origins Zero Oil toner, which I like as well. It keeps my shine and oil under control, and this seems to balance out any possible drying effect the zero oil could be having.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by maddiegracep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first used this product, it immediately calmed my redness a little bit. But after a few uses, my skin was dry and peeling. After discontinuing use, my skin has gotten much better. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.