Origins Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Plantidote Mega-Mushroom Treatment Lotion

3.9

water, butylene glycol, peg-4, hypsizygus ulmarius mycelium extract, zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, cordyceps sinensis extract, ocimum sanctum leaf extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) peel oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, boswellia carterii (olibanum) oil, gernaoil, linalool, citronellol, limonene, narcissus tazetta bulb extract, elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, silybum marianum fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, surcrose, glycerin, tocotrienols, sodium hyaluronate, phytosterols, squalene, glycereth-26, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, trideceth-9, citric acid, sodium hydroxide, potassium sorbate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol

on 7/22/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of this and the whole set. It's pricey so I took a break bit my skin hasn't been good since I stopped using this. It's very soothing and refreshing after I wash my face and I can tell a difference after about a week of lessened redness and calm skin.

on 3/21/2015 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Very hydrating and calming. Packaging needs work. I throw mine in a spray bottle. Spray and massage in.

on 12/31/2014 6:02:00 AM

I'm not sure if this has undergone some sort of 'facelift' recently, but looking at the ingredients list the trial-sized version I have seems to be this one with a few ingredients swapped around. It's also called 'Dr. Andrew WEIL for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Treatment Lotion, but that might be a usual UK/US name change (as a lot of these companies are prone to do).

After using other products from this range, I'm still unclear as to what it's actually meant to achieve. It claims to help sooth, comfort and hydrate skin leaving it looking and feeling healthier, more supple and refreshed. It's also supposed to be suitable for sensitive skin (something I definitely have), red, and sore skin. It's definitely never irritated my skin, but I can't say it's ever done anything amazing for it either. I tend to use this after I've completing my usual cleansing routine, but before I apply my moisturiser. It doesn't seem to clear away any remaining bits of make-up or dirt and I can't say I've noticed any improvements in the look or size of my pores either. So I really am at a loss...

At 27.00 I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to buy a full-sized bottle of this and I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone either. Not because it's a bad product necessarily (although it doesn't smell particularly pleasant), but because I don't really see the point in it.

on 6/14/2014 6:44:00 PM

Tried the free sample and noticed it lightened my broken capillaries!!! Even my friends noticed. Woohoo!! Maybe it simply made my skin less sensitive thus my veins become less obvious.
MAJOR LOVE

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

So I'm on a quest for natural beauty products and the sales lady at sephora suggested origin and gave me some samples. I looked up the ingredients, number TWO on this is butylene glycol!!! All of Origins products are full of harmful chemicals they just have Some natural ingredients too! Ug, the search continues.... Anyone who knows some healthy natural brands that actually do something more than rubbing olive oil on your face, PLEASE let me know...

on 5/8/2013 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Loyal to this! Amazing

on 3/24/2013 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. A friend of mine recommended me and I decided to try it. After double cleansing, my skin usually shows a little redness, and this lotion calms them down. It brightens up my skin and my skin feels quite moisturised. My skin looked so fresh, clean and bright (not patched at all), all ready for the serum and moisturiser. I've tried quite a number of toners and this one performs even better than the expensive ones. It has become a regular feature of my daily routine, in the past I don't use toners that regularly.

Update: The lotion for this review is "Dr Andrew Weil for Origins: Mega Mushroom SKIN RELIEF SOOTHING Treatment Lotion". It doesn't have the word 'PLANTIDOTE' in its name. The names are so confusing. hope it's the same one that's reviewed in this column.

on 7/30/2012 10:16:00 PM

I got this as a gift and I would probably not buy this again for myself, since it's too expensive for me as a toner.
It's very refreshing, no stinging or greasy feeling after application, but still hydrating and calming.
I don't think it has improved my skin condition, but it feels great after using a cleanser that might be too drying.
I just pour a bit into my palm, I don't use a cotton pad and then quickly smooth it over my face. A nice product, but nothing earth-shattering.

on 6/28/2012 1:54:00 PM

You won't see a big difference on your skin but it just makes your skin condition very stable, when my skin is sensitive or during seasons changing, I would use this.
I would apply this by hands not cotton pads..
I would recommand this and buy again.

on 12/22/2011 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a great product when used in conjunction with the entire line of mushroom products. I agree with other users that this may be a bit harsh for extremely sensitive skin but it does feel more toned after a few months of use. I may try to use my fingers to apply since I find the cotton ball can be a bit abrasive for my sensitive skin. Unlike the serum I reviewed, this smells pretty good.

Top Rated Origins Products