April 24, 2014 | 1513 users online

Blush - Estee Lauder - Signature 5-tone shimmer powder for eyes, cheeks, face in 02 bronze shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In search of an all-over highlighting powder, I almost went in for Mac's Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle, but was somehow lured to the Estee Lauder counter for the first time since I used to shop with my mum in the 1980's. Poor Estee Lauder seems to have been relegated to the dusty, chintz-draped ranks of Chic Middle-Aged Lady Makeup, overshadowed in coolness by the likes of Bobbi Brown, Nars and Tom Ford. Well, I have news for the upstarts: with EL, you get what you pay for--real luxury make-up that goes above and beyond the call of duty. Never I have I encountered such a wonderful bronzer-slash-highlighter. As an all-over face powder applied with a fan brush, it lends an ethereal, health-giving glow. And guess what? Over a plain illuminating moisturizer (I alternate between Soap and Glory Glow Job and Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector) with a touch of concealer, cream blush and mascara, the look is clean, healthy, minimalist magic. One point of contention: for 30 quid, can't I have a brush, Estee Lauder? Please?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lllauraxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love the Estée Lauder 5-tone shimmer powder! I use the bronze shimmer. I am a lover of all things bronze in makeup and the shades they have chosen for this shimmer powder are perfect. On eyes they make a sheer shimmering shadow with more shade than shimmer though. It's hard to explain as it is quite sheer on the eyes but still very visible. Shades all work together beautifully and compliment my blue eyes stunningly. Stays well lasts most of the day although it is a silky fine powder when applying. For face I swipe my brush over all the colours except for the brown shade at the bottom and use it as a highlighter and blush using on the tops of my cheek bones and on the cheek bone with bronzer contouring below the cheek bones. I swing it around onto my temples and use one of the lighter shades on my brow bone. It looks absolutely gorgeous used like this. It lights up the whole face stunningly and looks natural but makes an impact at the same time. I read that it is better than the bobbi brown shimmer bricks and I had a look at those in David jones and the colour selection for bronze was not nearly as beautiful as Estée Lauder 5-tone. At around $75 it's a little expensive but well worth it it lasts for ages and is something I use almost daily. The packaging is stunning as is usual with Estée Lauder with beautiful rippling bronze shades in a beautiful compact with a mirror. 10/10 get this if you love glowing, bronze healthy goddess makeup. Most gorgeous shades and silky fine shimmer powder ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by stickynotes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At $40 I was hoping that this would be better than my MAC MSF's (that I neglect), and it's much better. I bought this in Pink Shimmer and love it so much I may splurge on the Bronze Shimmer! I think it's so luxurious.

You really would have to try to over-apply to be glowy (using a brush you would normally use for applying highlighters). So, if you like glitter and shine, this may not be for you. I would suggest this product for more maturing skin, or if you want to recapture that youthful radiance that is near undetectable, where people are trying to figure out what you did to make your skin look so good.

Pricey, yes. But I can see this lasting for years! Worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Velvet72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The lovely review below persuaded me to write about this too. I recently acquired the bronze version of this,and I cannot go a day without it now. I am quite fair,with blond hair,and finding products that give you a nice sheen and glow are desperately hard to find unless you want to look like a Christmas decoration.This product is exceptional! It gives a lovely glow,and is buildable in its colour,so I can actually wear it as a blush if I want too. Also....I use it as an eyeshadow as well,what a versatile product! It is smooth and fine in texture,snd does not have big particles of glitter,but instead has a nice shimmer and sheen. It also does not look too 'try hard' if you know what i mean,as it blends seemlessly with skin and imparts a delicious glow rather than sparkle. I am waiting till EL bonus time again so can get the pink one next. Highly recommend this wonderful,versatile product! It is a gem. Well done EL!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by howcroft

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I would write a review on this as I feel EL has become very underrated in the past few years since the rise of the high trend high end make-up houses. Ladies, if you want that elusive glow that some women radiate, then go for this. It puts BB's shimmer brick ( or as I now refer to it , glitter brick) in the shade. This really is lovely. I have it in both bronze and pink. Bronze is great on the eyes too. I use both as a highlighter. EL blushes have lasted me years so I imagine these will too. If you're dithering and want something subtle but effective, I can recommend this. You will glow from within.....such a cliche description, yet elusive to achieve. The look is classic and classy, just like EL. EL is not not hip with a huge overwhellming range of colours but what they do, they do extremely well and they are very savvy in their selection of products. Good luck .... Am looking forward to reading further reviews.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this in Pink. I would not call it shimmery, I'd call it luminous. So pretty. Subtle enough to use as an all-over powder. It is feminine, sweet, and the most expensive makeup product I've ever bought. I never minded spending money on my favorite fragrances, but I was always very thrifty with makeup. Will repurchase, and would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I am a huge fan of the glowy cheeks look, and this is just amazing. I would have no problem chucking out all my bronze/beige/brown whatever shimmerbricks from bobbi brown. I will never use them again. The quality of this is soooooo much better than the BB shimmerbricks, soooooo much better!!! It gives an elegant, beautiful bronze glow- its not obvious and over done looking like BB can be. And there is also no glitter or any obvious shimmer etc- its just gives a beautiful glow. I really will never use my BB shimmerbricks ever again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by alexandra93

I have this product in 01 Pink Shimmer.
I love this product as a highlighter for cheeks and on the brow bone..
Used as a blush it is also lovely.. I have pale skin and it works really well on me, but for other people perhaps may find it to have too much of a shimmer.
I live in Spain so find it very hard to get any mac or nars etc.. products so coming across this great Estee Lauder product that i can use as a highlighter etc.. really made my day also right in the right hand corner of the container is a lovely deep pinkish red which works very nicely as an eye shadow. If you have the cash to splash i'd defiantly recommend this product in Pink Shimmer to people with a pale skin type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by almost40

This is a beautiful product that is beautifully packaged too.I love the blue casing,it looks so posh compared to MAC.The mirror is a great touch and a good size but its the actual product that really shines her.The shades are gorgeous,all very pretty and compliment each other very well.I use this over whatever blush Im wearing but it also looks lovely as a bronzer or as an all over powder.I might get the pink one next,I'll see how much Christmas money I get :o)

EDITED 6/12/10
I've just bought the pink version and this is beautiful too.Its very subtle and glowy without ANY glitter or shimmer.I'm getting very fond of Estee Lauder products,just a shame I cant really afford them Lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bridget969

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is amazing. It gives you a healthy glow, but I wish it would have come with a brush. For the price it should have.