MAC Smolder eye kohl

3.7

on 12/28/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Very black and glossy eyeliner. Staying power is good on me - colour stays true all day without fading. I only use it on my upper lashline, and if l sleep in it l wake with it underneath my lower lashes. Much better than my previous Lancôme in terms of staying power and depth of colour. It's smudgable on purpose. The lid is poor and cracked soon after purchase. Sharpening is an issue as it's so soft. I've had best results with refridgerating the pencil beforehand and using a Chanel sharpener - before that l wasted 1/4 of the product. I get the odd 'blob' of product too which then gets smeared around my eyes as l attempt to remove it. It sometimes flakes onto my under-eye area like a mascara would do. I prefer retractable pencils.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why I repurchased this when I ran out, but I did and now I want to use it up so I don't feel like I wasted a ton of money. I definitely wont makr the mistake of buying it again though.

This glides on nice and creamy but it smudges off like crazy. At the end of the day I have crazy racoon eyes even though I only line my lid, I dont even tightline so I dont get how it gets under my eyes. This happens even if I use primer.

on 7/5/2014 12:11:00 AM

Nice black but doesn't stay on water line that long :(

on 6/17/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It's creamy and glides on, and blends well.

Once it's on, it stays on but smudges like crazy, immediately after you put it on

It's pricey considering how much you can get drugstore eyeliners for, but it's worth it.

My issue is with sharpening. It just always breaks. Maybe the weather here in Nigeria is too hot or something but sharpening this pencil with a sharpener is a true challenge. Then if I'm successful it's most likely to break while I'm trying to line my lid. It honestly is a nightmare. Ive lost half this pencil in the sharpener or on my face.

I honestly dunno if I will repurchase...

on 5/1/2014 7:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My only mac let down so far! About as good as high street store eyeliner. It's creamy and glides on, it's a good colour and blends well... but it just slips right off my face! I don't have oily skin and I don't apply eye creams directly before and I seldom wear contact lenses, but nothing keeps this on for me. I'm wiping under my eyes and re-applying with an hour, definitely not a touch on UD's 24/7, I'd have been best off buying a rimmel with this product

on 4/17/2014 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Yes I know this liner has been greatly hyped up, but for me the hype is true. This is the ultimate black eyeliner! Smolder is the blackest black and once it's on, it stays on. On me, it does not smudge and it lasts all day, but it will fade a bit.The black color also doesn't get lighter on me and stays looking the way it did when I first apply it in the morning for the rest of the day, even through minor wear.
It glides on smoothly and the texture is not too soft or too hard. At $14-$15, Smolder Kohl is a bit expensive for an eyeliner, but in this case you get what you pay for.

Update-I'm wearing this right now and it will fade slightly through the day and will require a light touchup.

on 4/14/2014 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It is a true black, but smudges like crazy, even right after you put it on. I somehow got smudges in my undereye area, and I know I didn't touch that area while applying.

on 2/21/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

average eyeliner, nothing special, it does smudges in hot weather. for the price i rather buy too faced perfect eyes or urban decay perversion, compared with these, this eyeliner is not that black.

on 2/16/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love this eyeliner! It's my go-to liner, I've repurchased it time and time again. It's a little pricey considering how cheap you can get drugstore eyeliners, but I've tried both expensive and cheap and you can really tell the difference!
This eyeliner is the most beautiful sultry colour, and goes on so so smooth. It lasts all day on a lid that has been primed with eye primer!
I would recommend this to everyone, you'll really be able to tell the difference!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I love the color of this eyeliner. JET BLACK all the way. Its the darkest eyeliner I own and absolutely love that.
It does smear and smudge around after a while though...If you're going for a clean eyeliner look this probably isn't the best eyeliner for you, but a kind of grunge, smoldering look? Yes.
If i put this on my waterline it looks nice for a while but starts melting down. I just reapply and still like the look of the liner on both waterline and through the lashes.

Overall, im not sure if I'd repurchase. I hear great things about the Rimmel liners but cant try because they dont sell them where I live...I'll probably try a Nars one next but I dont regret this purchase.