July 30, 2014 | 1131 users online

Makeup Brushes - Stila - #5 All Over Eye Shadow Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jolica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a part of a brush set, and though I know from my experience with brush sets (esp MAC) the set brushes are way worse quality than the regular size.

I LOOOOOOVE This!! I love that it is big and dense, packs on color kid of like 239 but in wider areas. I have large lid space so this brush is essential for me to put on all over base color for my eye make up.

I have had this brush for nearly 10 years and washed it numerous times (untill the last year I never used proper brush cleaner on this, just shampoo) , there is NO Shedding.

I will never think of replacing this with any other brand if I ever did lose it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this almost every day. Good for blending, applying shadow in the crease or all over the eye. This is a large brush but I have a large eye so it works well for me. It seems to be just the right balance of softness and firmness. The shaping of the bristles is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by nickitraylor

I bought this with the Red Carpet Look during the Stila warehouse sale, so it was ridiculously cheap (a 3 palette eyeshadow, lip liner, lip glaze, and this brush for like $15!!)

When I got the brush I thought it would be way too big and get eyeshadow all over but I LOVE it. It covers just enough over the crease so if I only do 1 color I don't need to do more layers, and it's great to do all over base colors.

All my stila brushes last forever, so I probably won't have to buy it again, but if I ever have to I will, LOL

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I dunno....This is one of those brushes Im on the fence about.
It does what it needs to do, but, the bristles feel rough and kinda irritate my eyelids.
It puts the colour down decently, but it sheds all over the place when I wash it.
Meh.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Lulu7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great all over eyeshadow brush. Its soft and applies the shadow nicely. I prefer this brush over the MAC 252 which is scratchy and rough in comparison to this brush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

What a great brush!!! The quality of this brush is amazing. The bristles are densely packed to blend any harshlines of your eyeshadow. If you blend too much, you might brush away all your hardwork. That's the only problem i see with this brush. Also a perfect size to highlight the browbones.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by DvineRevelation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush to do all over washes with. To use for a brow highlight, this works well. This also packs on color well, as the brush has a big head, and the bristles are nice and tight. It is a soft brush, so If you can manuver it, you can use it to blend. I find that for all my e/s and for washes of them, this does the trick. I would not recommend this for any detail/precision crease work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I swapped for this because in the stock photos it *appeared* to be a normal sized shadow brush, akin to the MAC 213. When it arrived I was shocked at how HUGE this thing is. I have the long handled and not only is it long, the brush head itself is way too big for my eye. The only thing this brush would be good for is applying a highlight on my brow bone or a base color on the lid. I wouldn't use this brush to apply anything other than a champagne shimmery shade - you can't really control where you apply shadow so I wouldn't go darker than that.

The bristles are firm and dense, but the handle feels cheap. Mine also came with a sticker on the end that screamed CHINA. For the price, I'd rather shell out for a MAC brush that's made in either France or Japan. continued >>

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great brush! It's a large brush that can be used to apply a wash of shadow all over or just on the lid. It picks up plenty of pigment and has soft bristles. I've had mine for about 5 years and use it often and it is in like-new condition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Product: Broad, big eyeshadow brush with flat longish bristles.

My experience: My HG eyeshadow-wash brush :) This brush is pretty big, and thus best suited for applying washes of eyeshadow. For that it's excellent. It does the job well, applying quick coats of all-over-color instantly and evenly. If you're into detail work, don't get this brush, it's too big and will get in the way. Bristles are firm and soft despite the size, and hold up well under wear. This is what I use everyday. Would repurchase in a heartbeat. Good for girls on the run who want to use this with an all-over shadow.

Edit: I got 3 of these, along with 3 of the #9 brush during Stila FF. That's how much I love these babies.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No