July 31, 2014 | 2058 users online

Concealers - Coastal Scents - Camo Quad - Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This has found a home in my purse for touching up my makeup during the day. Cheap and compact, I'll buy another for my travel kit once they go on sale again. I'm quite pale (NW15) and find this quad to be ideal for my skin tone. Overall I feel the pigmentation, coverage, and finish is adequate for touch-ups, but I wouldn't rely on it for all day or special occasions. The formula is a thick gel/cream that dries a little powdery. Over time, it develops a "skin" that I just wipe off with an alcohol swab, no big deal.
Here's a quick rundown on how I use the palette, clockwise from the top (white):
White: The least used, occasionally I'll use this as a highlight from the center of my forehead straight down my nose.
Yellow: Fantastic for covering redness - especially in allergy season I tend to get some redness on my nose and chin
Pink/salmon: Ideal for undereyes! There's no magic bullet for undereye circles; I have a pretty advanced routine to cover them when I do my full makeup in the AM, but this really comes in handy to freshen up during the day. Love it.
Skin-tone: I use this on discoloration from acne scars, and to touch up just under my lower lashline after my eyes water from wind/allergies/feels

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Maddy136

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new Holy Grail concealer!! The colours are great to counteract redness/dark circles and highlighting. The don't cake at all, so long as you blend them out, and it stays for roughly 6 hours. The packaging is super handy and the price is hard to beat. I find this better than Nars/Maybelline/NYX and of equal quality as Bobbi Brown concealers. Definitely an everyday must have for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this concealer. I usually put the white one in the corner of my eyes, the left under my eyes, and the bottom one on my zits and blemishes. I don't really use the one on the right but I'm sure I'll eventually find use. It's really cheap. I got it on the coastal scents website for about $8. It has good coverage and it's the best concealer I've used!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by lepoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Like most commentators, I am on the fence about this product. I got the Light palette and while the colors are spot on, it's the consistency of the makeup and the wearability. Normally, I use a white shadow to highlight, then I use a dark concealer to contour, followed by a darker powder over the contour (don't judge, I had a drag queen teach me how to do makeup when I was younger). I always put the concealer/highlighter/contour on over my primer and mattifier. With my normal concealer (Glamoflauge), there isn't any oil slick and it looks good all day with minimal touchups. I can't say that about Coastal Scents Camo Quad. I put the white on, then mixed the peach with the darker shade to get a perfect match, put that on, let it "cook," (that means I let it settle and dry), set it with a little dab of powder like normal and finished my makeup application. I didn't change anything other than using the Camo Quad. 2 hours later, it looked like I had dove head first into vat of Vaseline. I blotted with my rice paper blotting pads and patted on some powder. 2 hours after that, I looked back in the mirror and it was worse that the first time. After blotting and applying powder again, I was hoping that would be the end of it. Nope, not even close. Almost every 2 hours, I had to blot, apply powder, and wait. By the end of the day, I had pretty much blotted my makeup off in my T-zone and the powder was congregating in my pores. I kept trying to use the quad for another 2 or 3 days, but still to no avail. After switching back to my Glamoflauge and Benefit High Beam, I didn't have the problems that plagued me with the Camo Quad. Would I use this again? Not for me. I might use it on a client if they have really dry skin, but that is the only way. Good product, just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by NthsyNgie

its my go to concealers,it covers my blemishes and acne really well..
a little tips though,apply it with your clean finger to warm it up a little bit till you get the consistency that you want..
the cons are the white color that supposed to be a highlighter or whatever it is,is just too white for my skin and the darkest shade are too dark to..
but sometimes im mixing the dark and pale shade till i get the color that i want, and it turns out pretty great!!
im also using it for eyeshadow base sometimes..
i've tried using it to cover my dark circles but it came out a little cakey , i dont know if its because im using it wrong but im never gonna use it again for my under eyes area..
also the packaging are dissapointing,it breaks of easily (the lid)..

overall its a great concealer for your blemishes or acne scar but if you're looking for an under eyes concealer maybe its not for you..
i'd totally repurchase it because it was worth the price and im using it almost everyday..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS
- Concealors & highlighter in one
- Great for pale skin
- Full coverage
- Lasts forever!

CONS
- Packaging is very cheap, my lid broke very easily

TIPS:
- Yellow = under-eye circles
- White = highlighter
- Pinks = blemish concealors

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

I love this palette. I'm able to mixture shades together to get the perfect result. A little goes a long way, and I've used this every day for the last six months without hitting pan on any of the shades. It's also the only cheap concealer with a white. Being very pale, this is an extreme plus for me.

The only con is that I need to make sure I clean it all off. It's not the best for my pores. Aside from that, it's nearly HG

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am pretty on the fence about this product. I didn't see anything so spectacular about it. I bought the Light one & the colors really are light. They seemed more like a Fair shade than a Light. I didn't find it did such a great job at covering & it didn't last too long on my under eye. I wasn't too impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

wanted a good concealer/highlighter so i tried this. im on the lighter end of brown- sort of caramely complexion. so i thought i'd get this one. the colour suits fine, just the texture i dont like. it feels quite cheap and dry when you put it on. its not got a smooth texture, you have to sort of rub it onto your eyelid which i dont think is good for eyes. most products are abit more dewy so you can gently blend but had to use bit more effort for this. i wouldnt buy it again. i use it as a primer under my eyeshadow, but dnt feel it does nothing for me. im going to stick to 'Afterglow concealer and eye treatment in 1' its so much better, and worth the money even though its lot!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wow i cant believe i havent already reviewed this Camo Quad from CS since ive been using it for quite some time. So i feel like i could do a thorough review like usual.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- This Camo Quad is only available through Coastal Scents online store. I am sure you may be able to find it on ebay somewhere & also very similar product from overseas distributors but Id suggest paying and going through CS since their shipping cost is actually cheap and their time efficient and i find to have pretty great customer service & delivery was super fast for normal shipping which adds points for me. This Quad is only $4.95 plus shipping which depends on area & what youre ordering. So the price is actually pretty amazing considering what & how much product you're getting. its like paying $1 per concealer.
SHADE/FORMULA- i purchased mine in "Light" of course since im super pale. i was going to order the color corrector but in the end decided id get more use out of this & im so glad i did since this is a great light concealer quad with 4 light tones of concealer. Great for pale-fair-light skin tones. may work for medium depending on what you are looking for. This is a more cream to powder formula that is a tad thick & you must blend. i think this works best w/ fingers since the warmth helps to move & blend it into skin without it emphasizing any fine lines or wrinkles. its def a thicker cream so if you are a liquid fan its not for you. but since i have extremely dark undereye areas and redness & occasional blemishes, i found this quad is the whole shabang. it does conceal my under eye area well esp since this quad contains a light pinky peach salmon shade thats great for counteracting blueish purple undereyes. and as well as 2 lighter shades for spot concealing redness & veins & blemishes. i mix them both or use either & i think it fits my cool toned pale skin well. i also have fallen in love with the white shade too! yeah i didnt know what to do with it first but now i like to use it to highlight brow bone, the inner tear duct area (before concealing to look more natural) as well as a cream base since its very similar and opaque as nyx jumbo pencil in milk!
4 shades are included for all of your needs:
White shade- a very opaque white, can be sheered out if you use a tiny tiny bit. great for highlighting areas on your face & eyes. also great for using under concealer/foundations for more natural look. I have also found it to be a great eye base/primer to shadows to pop and stick to without creasing or fading
Skin tone shade- this is probably my go to shade since im so pale for spot concealing or any concealing around my face whether it be blemishes, redness, veins etc. it covers them 100% and doesnt fade within 8 hrs. can be used for all purposes as well as undereye area if you dont suffer from dark circles.
Yellow shade- this yellow shade can be used to counteract purple under eye areas as well as the salmon shade. this will better suit those with warm or neutral tones unlike myself. ive used this under my eyes in the purple areas & covers them flawlessly. it can sheer enough for light duty and also opaque enough for heavy duty jobs. this is a great shade to have as well. yellow can also help with redness too unlike the harsh greens ive seen out there. i tried it & it worked!
Salmon shade- this is probably the most used since ive said that i have extremely dark blue/purple under eyes. this shade counteracts and diminishes the darkness almost completely. my bf even said the one day i used this "wow you look really healthy, did you sleep all day or something?" so if a boy noticed than it must work in my opinion! great shade for these purpose & is also hard to find in the more affordable drugstore brands trust me ive looked all over! so its great just for this shade alone but you also get 3 other very useful shades too!
so you will have to put in a bit of blending and patting work. THE KEY TO NOT LETTING THIS SETTLE INTO LINES OR WRINKLES is using the tiniest bit and build up. i used too much the 1st few times & thought it looked cakey & too much but i ended up using the tiniest bit which i thought could never do the work since im use to piling on concealer to make it work & a LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY! so dont go putting a thick layer on or you will see it will take way to long to blend & it wont look natural. the key is THIN LAYERS! these are thicker & creamier. I have noticed that the top layer is way too thick so once you get thru that its alot easier to work with. this has became my new fav since Maybelline Mousse Concealer has been discontinued sadly. This quads has all i need for any type of concealing since i like light coverage foundations bc my concealer is to do the touch ups & this works for all my flaws & cover up jobs without settling or creasing or fading. it last all day- no running. it does dry to a powder like finish. Go light on the powder to set this concealer. i just use the lightest touch w/ minimal powder bc its heavy duty. Last until i take off my makeup
PACKAGING- This quad comes in a hard plastic snap closure compact. the top lid is hard see thru plastic and the bottom is a flat matte black with the logo/name shade stamp on the back. i noticed the black back part gets dirty but i dont care too much about that. You get 4 equal amount of all concealers so depending on what/how much you use, you may run out of one before the other which sadly stinks since they dont sell individual shades but the price tag isnt so bad if you even use just one of the concealers but fortunately i try to use them all as much as i can but im sure ill hit pan on the salmon shade first. The concealers are triangular pizza shaped. its neat concept but since the dividing plastic isnt too high, you may get a bit of smeared concealers mixed you get a decent amount of each
~Great job- my new HG Concealer i believe- def will repurchase when i ever get thru this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No