December 22, 2014 | 1731 users online

Treatments (Face) - Aczone

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by aquablue128

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff was my miracle worker. I have extremely oily skin and i used to get annoying under the skin zits and grapevine acne and big red bumps. So my derm. recommended Aczone for me. Since my skin is sensitive just about everything dries it out, but this stuff cleared up my acne so fast and i noticed no dry spots. My skin was cleared literally within two weeks and now after using this for over 6 months i only get hormonal breakouts very rarely. LOVE THIS STUFF.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

This is my 3rd month on Aczone (and Tazorac, a prescription retinoid) and I'm still not entirely sure if it works, but I know my skin likes it. My regimen (as recommended by my doctor) is to apply Aczone twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, and Tazorac every other night.

Aczone feels like a very light, balancing lotion. My skin absorbs it super quickly and it just seems to 'calm down', especially if I have a pimple or two that has flared up during the day. I like applying it at night the most because my skin always feels smoother, healthier and less irritated when I wake up the morning after. I think Aczone has helped bring my acne from a few pimples daily to a few pimples weekly, although it did take about 8 weeks before I noticed that it was doing ANYTHING.

Be sure to stick to the regimen your doctor recommended you, especially since Aczone is a very gentle medication that needs to be applied often. Skin medication takes ages to work!

The packaging is nothing special, just a big, soft squeeze-y tube. Fun trick if you're going on trips - I squeeze enough Aczone for my trips into an extra eye contact container so I don't get stopped by the TSA since the original tube is way too big to bring on a flight.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Baerkatelyne

Ok so here's the thing. I never write reviews about ANYTHING, but I had to share my experience. I am 21 years old and have been suffering with breakouts since I was in 7th grade. I went on birth control (YAZ) in 8th grade hoping it would help. I wouldn't go to school some days due to horrible breakouts that I couldn't cover up. I've honestly tried everything: over the counter and prescription. Every facewash, acne cream, and medication (oral and topical). I am now 21 and am a junior in college still getting big red zits that are hard to cover up. My doctor finally prescribed aczone as a last resort. I have now been on it for 3 months and I will never stop using it. I have had all but 1 zit in a total of 1 month. It took a little bit of time for it to kick in, but when it did, I was amazed. People have actually noticed how great my skin looks, and I'm not embarrassed at all anymore! Such a self esteem booster and I would highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by oakley21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After being put on Retin-a and Differin so far this year, my face was a bright red, scaly, broken-out mess. Clindamycin helped calm things down a bit, but I was still being plagued with constant redness, large whiteheads, and glaring pores. A new derm offered Aczone as a gentle treatment for my acne and rosacea, so I figured why not try yet another product for another month and see what happens. Within a week, my acne had calmed down significantly and my redness was drastically diminished as well. I was told to use it morning and night, but it started to dry me out too much and it also leaves a white tint to my skin, so applying it just before bedtime was the best option for me. I'm still having trouble with hormonal breakouts, but this is the best my skin has looked since Accutane. My only cons are the white tint it leaves after it's dry and the cost of the RX every month.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by PhyllinCute

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was desperate to find something to cure my acne. I was devastated by the way my skin looked without makeup and I tried Clinique, Murad, eminence, proactiv, proactiv plus, and just about everything in the drugstore including home remedies. I was desperate because not only is my skin sensitive, but it was also breaking out like never before and to make matters worse, I am a picker. The number of dark spots and blemishes kept me from wanting to do anything or go anywhere. Let me just say I hate acne. Anyway, I did my own research and found a doctor who would prescribe aczone as retin a didn't work, and I was not going on Accutane. I've been on Aczone since March and I have nearly clear skin except for dark spots. I'm just happy that I can go without wearing makeup. I wash morning and night and tone with Stone Crop Gel (the Probiotic line was horrible for my skin). I use Aczone immediately following my toner spritzing. My skin looks great and I hope truly pray that it stays this way. Btw I am Black and in my mid thirties.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Piffle37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for about three weeks. After years of suffering from mild to moderate acne and trying every over the counter and home remedy to help my acne, I finally went to a dermatologist who prescribed this medication. So far the results have been wonderful. My acne has been getting worse the past couple years, it was mostly on my forehead and jawline, and would take between a few days to weeks for spots to clear up. At any given time I would have at least three trouble spots as well as a lot of clogged pores on forehead area. I'm still getting breakouts, but my skin has calmed significantly since using this product. It isn't overly drying either. Cystic acne that used to last weeks now clears up in a couple of days and without all the redness, bumps are flattened and just seem to be drying up. The tone of my skin is improving as we'll and pore size seems to be diminished. Of everything I've tried thru the years I've never had results this good. I'm almost to the point where I would feel ok leaving the house with just tinted moisturizer and not foundation...a little bit of makeup and you can hardly tell that I even have acne anymore. Yay!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by awalsh91

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been struggling with breakouts since I went off of birth control almost two years ago. I have tried Differin, Retin-A and Clindamycin ointment. These products aggravated my acne and did not help clear my skin. I was prescribed Aczone for bedtime and a Sulfur wash in the AM. It took a few months but Aczone is very light and works for my skin. My skin is no longer bumpy, aggravated and broken out the way that it was. It really does take some time to find the right products so don't give up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Georgia13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was prescribed Aczone for cystic/hormonal acne. I am in my early 40's and have combination, sensitive skin. My regimen is cleansing with CerVe foaming cleanser am and pm with my Clairsonic, followed by Aczone and CerVe moisturizer. Daily sunscreen year round, of course as I live in the upper US at a high elevation. This product is expensive, but you only need a very small amount, it is very effective. Feels smooth like a thick lotion, spreads evenly, and doesn't dry my skin. I still follow with a moisturizer. When I recently ran out, my skin broke out almost immediately. My dermatologist emphasizes that it is not completely about the active ingredient, but it is about the delivery method - if the lotion or cream is in a consistency that will provide the best absorption without drying or over-moisturizing, that is the key. A word of advice if new to this product - your skin will get worse before it gets better (just what everyone wants to hear, I know!) but trust me, your skin will change for the better with Aczone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by agapeteam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was prescribed this product for my monthly hormonal cystic acne breakouts (2-4 huge cysts each month that took weeks to heal). Unfortunately, it did nothing to slow the breakouts down. I was using it morning and night with no other topical products. It seems that Aczone has helped several MUA users with their hormonal cystic acne so I would recommend others try it to see if their acne responds. My acne was so persistent and scarring that I ultimately had to go on accutane.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by dvfenech

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

God bless my derm for prescribing me this. It cleared up by adult cystic/hormonal/stress related acne rather quickly and has not dried out my dry combo skin at all. I noticed results rather quickly and have had amazingly clear skin for about 4 months now. I use 2x a day.