Steamcream

3.7

Oatmeal Infusion (Avena sativa), Orange Flower Water (Citrus Aurantium amara, Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, *Coumarin, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, * Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 7/17/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was fooled by all of the great reviews and wasted my money on this horrible product. The only thing cool about it is the tin. The smell reminds me of my dad's shaving cream from the 80's. It does not absorb into my skin at all. It sits on top of it making me smell like a middle aged man and feel like a sticky mess. The price is outrageous for what you get. I ordered directly from the company and it took forever to get to me in the U.S. I'm convinced the positive reviews all over the internet are from people who got freebie tins or work for the company. Do not waste your money.

This is my HG! It smells great, goes on and absorbs really well, and the size is handy for travelling with. My skin is pretty dry in the winter and Steamcream does the job even if I don't add any oils. It's slightly heavy for humid NYC summers, so I usually only put it on at night in the summer.

BUT: It contains propylparaben which is bad! http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/478597-propyl-paraben-ingredient-information-reviews?category_id=152695&product_id=271556

I have to stop using it until Steamcream replaces that horrible preservative with something that doesn't cause breast cancer. C'mon Steamcream, help us out here!

on 9/30/2014 6:11:00 AM

I bought this stuff because the tins were freaking cute. All my rellies got one for Christmas. Mine has cute pink flamingos on it.

I must admit my tin is probably a few years old now - it tends to kick around in my handbag, then gets left behind when I move into a new one. The product itself has always been quite runny which isn't so much of a problem (seems to do the trick regardless of it's consistency) unless you open it when it's been upside down in your bag - then you'll have to give the edges of the tin a bit of a wipe before putting it back. This weekend is the first time in however many years that I've noticed a bit of product on the outside of the tin, but I think this is because the inside foamy lid insert came off. I don't think you really need to worry about it leaking everywhere.

But anyway, back to the product. It has quite a strong essential oil smell to it (some other reviews have said lavender scented - I personally think it's not a pure lavender smell) and absorbs reasonably well. The only real concern I have about it is that it leaves my skin quite shiney - I have combination skin (very dry cheeks/around mouth and a reasonably oily tzone) - so I cannot use this as my standard day moisturiser. It serves as my "touch up" if I am out and about and turn into a dry lizard or else if I remember I have it when I get out of a shower.

I'd totally buy it again just for the tin.

on 8/30/2014 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always wanted to try Steamcream but couldn't find a local store that sells them. Luckily, Luxola.com had them so I ordered 4 of them (same "SHE" design) to save on on international shipping cost.

The tins they came in were very pretty. I had the same problem as what the other reviewer said: the "cream" was very runny and watery, and I spilled half of them when I opened one can. :( Very disappointed because from the reviews I read, I expected the consistency to be a heavier cream not the watery sort.

I'm now left with a half-empty can and I'm afraid that the rest of the tins would have the same result. I planned to give them to friends but not anymore. :(

on 7/21/2014 5:23:00 AM

I made a review on video, (in resume I really liked the product):

on 1/19/2014 2:25:00 PM

I love Steam Cream - the best moisturiser I've ever used.

I'd been looking for natural moisturiser that wasn't packed full of chemicals for ages - tried several out and they were fine but didn't make a noticeable difference. For the last few months I've been taking my make up off with some hot water on a cotton wool pad and then putting on some Steam Cream (a little goes a long way!). Can't believe the difference - I'm 33 but my skin is now as good as it was in my teens. Before I used Steam Cream, it was prone to a lot of redness, dryness and quite bumpy.

In the last 3 months it's transformed to being smooth and really clear. I can't believe the difference and, despite happily trying out a range of different products in recent years, there's only one moisturiser I'll be using from now on. It's amazing. Also a fantastic handcream.

on 12/10/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to love this so much after reading about it on one of my favorite beauty blogs but the scent is so overpowering that I can hardly use it.

As a handcream, it's ok for the summer but it wouldn't be my go-to during our harsh winters. I used it once on my face and my skin looked and felt great but the fragrance was too much to handle.

I don't think it's the batch I got because I ordered two different tins in two different designs and two different sizes.

After I use this up, I'll refill it with a hand cream I love.

on 10/29/2013 11:03:00 AM

I purchased mine at a Duane Reade store in NYC and I'm thinking that I must have gotten a bad batch. I assumed it had the consistency of cold cream considering the type of packaging. Wrong! As soon as I twisted the lid, the liquid contents spilled all over leaving a cute but near empty tin. It has (or at least mine has) the consistency of light cream - the kind you pour into coffee. Unless mine is just bad, the packaging makes no sense. This belongs in a pump bottle and not all over my floor.

UPDATE: I emailed the company re: my experience with their product & I must say their customer service is very good. I was told that what I had purchased was indeed "off" and asked which container I liked. Since the design that I had was out of stock I chose two others & said that I would be happy with either. I received a package from England about a week later with both inside. Awesome! The Steam Cream in these containers is fluffy, light (not runny) & I'm now loving it. I will definitely purchase more in the future-not only because I really do like it, for the stellar customer service, too!

on 8/29/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Amazing cream. Just WOW! I've been quite happy to switch from expensive Euro 50+ creams to use only cold pressed oils (like rice bran oil) on my face for a few years. It solved all skin problems I had (from the expensive luxury brand creams), but left me a bit shiny.
I got a tin of Steamcream and wow! I have never been so impressed with a skin care product. I have just ordered six (!) more tins as back ups and gifts.

Pros:
Evened out my skin tone after a few weeks of use.
Calms irritations immediately.
Moisturises well, my skin looks plumper, younger and fresher than before. Keeps my skin moisturised for more than 24 hours. No need to reapply.
It even softened those nasty elbows nothing has helped on.
It smells divine without any of that artificially perfumy stank, it's just the lavender, ros, neroli and chamomile essential oils to my highly sensitive nose. (If you can't handle lavender this might be too much for you).
Applies with a silky consistency.
Absorbs very quickly with a refreshing feeling. and does not give any shine.
Works perfectly under make up.
Great to mix with liquid foundation to make your own BB-cream.
Multiple use for body, hands, feet and face and even hair, works great to tame my frizz.
Comes in extremely travel friendly and re-usable tins with an amazing choice of designs. The print doesn't rub off even if it's carried around in the handbag for months! (I didn't expect this!)
Mild, simple, skin friendly ingredients of extremely high quality.
Vegan, no stuff you'd rather not know about.
Cruelty free. Not tested on animals.
It's also extremely cheap at around 13 for 75ml. With such high quality ingredients. it's a real bargain!
Steamcream.com delivers free worldwide. Their custumer service is excellent and very friendly.

Cons:
Some tin designs are Japan exclusives or sold out..

Also:

The dose of lavender essential oil is really high in this cream. For some this may be irritating.

Some find a tin very problematic and prefer a pump. I simply keep a small decorative (and clean) spoon next to my tin so I can scoop some out without contaminating it. For environmental and aesthetic reasons I do prefer this tin to any pump.

Contains parabens. (I personally prefer this to the two weeks shelf time this cream would have without them. But I understand and appreciate that they're looking for other preservatives to replace them).

Ingredients: Oatmeal infusion, Orange Flower Water, Almond oil, Cocoa butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Organic Jojoba oil, Lavender oil, Blue Chamomile oil, Orange Flower absolute, Rose Absolut, Neroli oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coumarin*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Perfume, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben
(* Occur naturally in essential oil)
- Edit March 2014: Still the best and all my friends who got it love it too. I could sell it for twice the price here easily. Steamcream, don't get any ideas now!!!

on 7/25/2013 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The tins are so cute.

The product claims to be organic and seems to be alright in that sense. I have sensitive, eczema skin so anything irritating will show on my skin. This helps during spring when it is not the most humid but I can't use thick moisturiser. I was feeling sort of dry but can't use anything too thick in case I start sweating.
I used this on my face and body. It works well.

Sort of fluid and smells lavender. For the price though, I think it might be over-rated. Still it is a good product in itself without being overwhelmingly oily, smelly or aggravating.

It is just a pleasant & mild fluid moisturiser (even those with sensitive skin).

Video Reviews & Tutorials