July 22, 2014 | 2264 users online

Moisturizers - Steamcream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by elena2992

I made a review on video, (in resume I really liked the product):

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by gentess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Steam Cream - the best moisturiser I've ever used.

I'd been looking for natural moisturiser that wasn't packed full of chemicals for ages - tried several out and they were fine but didn't make a noticeable difference. For the last few months I've been taking my make up off with some hot water on a cotton wool pad and then putting on some Steam Cream (a little goes a long way!). Can't believe the difference - I'm 33 but my skin is now as good as it was in my teens. Before I used Steam Cream, it was prone to a lot of redness, dryness and quite bumpy.

In the last 3 months it's transformed to being smooth and really clear. I can't believe the difference and, despite happily trying out a range of different products in recent years, there's only one moisturiser I'll be using from now on. It's amazing. Also a fantastic handcream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this so much after reading about it on one of my favorite beauty blogs but the scent is so overpowering that I can hardly use it.

As a handcream, it's ok for the summer but it wouldn't be my go-to during our harsh winters. I used it once on my face and my skin looked and felt great but the fragrance was too much to handle.

I don't think it's the batch I got because I ordered two different tins in two different designs and two different sizes.

After I use this up, I'll refill it with a hand cream I love.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by KattCooke

I purchased mine at a Duane Reade store in NYC and I'm thinking that I must have gotten a bad batch. I assumed it had the consistency of cold cream considering the type of packaging. Wrong! As soon as I twisted the lid, the liquid contents spilled all over leaving a cute but near empty tin. It has (or at least mine has) the consistency of light cream - the kind you pour into coffee. Unless mine is just bad, the packaging makes no sense. This belongs in a pump bottle and not all over my floor.

UPDATE: I emailed the company re: my experience with their product & I must say their customer service is very good. I was told that what I had purchased was indeed "off" and asked which container I liked. Since the design that I had was out of stock I chose two others & said that I would be happy with either. I received a package from England about a week later with both inside. Awesome! The Steam Cream in these containers is fluffy, light (not runny) & I'm now loving it. I will definitely purchase more in the future-not only because I really do like it, for the stellar customer service, too!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Iez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing cream. Just WOW! I've been quite happy to switch from expensive Euro 50+ creams to use only cold pressed oils (like rice bran oil) on my face for a few years. It solved all skin problems I had (from the expensive luxury brand creams), but left me a bit shiny.
I got a tin of Steamcream and wow! I have never been so impressed with a skin care product. I have just ordered six (!) more tins as back ups and gifts.

Pros:
Evened out my skin tone after a few weeks of use.
Calms irritations immediately.
Moisturises well, my skin looks plumper, younger and fresher than before. Keeps my skin moisturised for more than 24 hours. No need to reapply.
It even softened those nasty elbows nothing has helped on.
It smells divine without any of that artificially perfumy stank, it's just the lavender, ros, neroli and chamomile essential oils to my highly sensitive nose. (If you can't handle lavender this might be too much for you).
Applies with a silky consistency.
Absorbs very quickly with a refreshing feeling. and does not give any shine.
Works perfectly under make up.
Great to mix with liquid foundation to make your own BB-cream.
Multiple use for body, hands, feet and face and even hair, works great to tame my frizz.
Comes in extremely travel friendly and re-usable tins with an amazing choice of designs. The print doesn't rub off even if it's carried around in the handbag for months! (I didn't expect this!)
Mild, simple, skin friendly ingredients of extremely high quality.
Vegan, no stuff you'd rather not know about.
Cruelty free. Not tested on animals.
It's also extremely cheap at around 13 for 75ml. With such high quality ingredients. it's a real bargain!
Steamcream.com delivers free worldwide. Their custumer service is excellent and very friendly.

Cons:
Some tin designs are Japan exclusives or sold out..

Also:

The dose of lavender essential oil is really high in this cream. For some this may be irritating.

Some find a tin very problematic and prefer a pump. I simply keep a small decorative (and clean) spoon next to my tin so I can scoop some out without contaminating it. For environmental and aesthetic reasons I do prefer this tin to any pump.

Contains parabens. (I personally prefer this to the two weeks shelf time this cream would have without them. But I understand and appreciate that they're looking for other preservatives to replace them).

Ingredients: Oatmeal infusion, Orange Flower Water, Almond oil, Cocoa butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Organic Jojoba oil, Lavender oil, Blue Chamomile oil, Orange Flower absolute, Rose Absolut, Neroli oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coumarin*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Perfume, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben
(* Occur naturally in essential oil)
- Edit March 2014: Still the best and all my friends who got it love it too. I could sell it for twice the price here easily. Steamcream, don't get any ideas now!!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

The tins are so cute.

The product claims to be organic and seems to be alright in that sense. I have sensitive, eczema skin so anything irritating will show on my skin. This helps during spring when it is not the most humid but I can't use thick moisturiser. I was feeling sort of dry but can't use anything too thick in case I start sweating.
I used this on my face and body. It works well.

Sort of fluid and smells lavender. For the price though, I think it might be over-rated. Still it is a good product in itself without being overwhelmingly oily, smelly or aggravating.

It is just a pleasant & mild fluid moisturiser (even those with sensitive skin).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by bleuciel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a lightweight lavender scented cream, that is suited for normal skin during winter time. IMO, for any other types of skin it simply is too heavy or not moisturizing enough.

I have combination skin: dry to very dry cheeks and oily t-zone and this cream does nothing for any zone. It does not moisturize enough the dry patches on my cheeks and my t-zone is oily within hours. I've also applied it to my dry elbows and it did nothing.

So I'm not sure what the deal is... What it is supposed to be for. I find it very expensive for its properties. Just because it's 'natural' does not justify the price as you could very easily smear some coconut or shea butter and have the same effect for a third of the price.

Moreover, it has a 6-mo validity after opening the tin and because it comes in a larger quantity than usual (75 grams), it takes forever to finish. I'm currently working on it since February and I still have a lot to go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I do like this moisturizer in general, but probably wouldn't repurchase. I got this in a SampleBar box and thought I'd give it a go! It comes in a gorgeous tin, but I prefer pumps for face creams. It has a nice lavender smell to it that doesn't linger on the skin. It takes a while to soak in properly, and at random times can make my face look quite greasy, but other times it doesn't? It hasn't made my face break out though. I can't find anywhere that it says it has SPF so I'm guessing it doesn't, but that sits well with me, I prefer my moisturizers not to. A bit expensive though, I think I'll go back to my Olay Total Effects after I've finished the tin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I started using this a week ago as a replacement for my too expensive Lancome night cream. It works like a dream! I had a really bad cold, with the accompanying red sore nose from all the nose-blowing. Normally I just rub 8 hour cream on at night to let it heal, but I accidentally rubbed this all over my face instead of leaving out my nose. It did NOT sting! Normally everything stings like h*ll on my sore nose! It didn't sting one little bit. It just sank in, and although it was not as moisturizing as the 8 hour cream, it did help! Scent is lovely lavender. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Cokioki

This is my 3rd pot of this multi-purpose cream. It's lightweight, yet nourishes skin pretty well and if you add a drop of body oil (almond, jojoba, whatever you have at home) it really makes skin glow. But I'm sad to see parabens in it and triethanolamine, which are suspect ingredients, when the rest of the ingredients are great. I'll finish this pot and then I'll try find something without the parabens and triethanolamine. Also, if you use this as a body moisturiser you'll finish this pot very quickly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No