Sonia Kashuk Angled Eye Shadow Brush

Price: $

on 3/31/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is a review for #108 - the one with the white handle.
personally, i've never used it for eyeshadow. i have, however, used it for my eyebrows. i apply anastasia dipbrow with it. it's a bit thicker than most eyebrow brushes and i really like that, it makes filling it in after i've drawn the lines around the perimeter so much easier. i know this isn't the intended purpose of it, but i think it does a really good job at it regardless!

on 2/22/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My review is for the #26 Angled Crease Brush. A lot of the reviews here seem to be more for an angled eyeliner or eyebrow type brush and it's hard to tell from the photo exactly what brush it is that is pictured but I'm reviewing an actual angled shadow brush - much like a flat topped, angled Kabuki brush only smaller and meant for the eyes....

Because Target is closing all its Canadian stores, I figured I'd better boogie on out and get the SK items I've been thinking about because they soon won't be available at all and this is one of the brushes I'd been considering. I am so glad I got it. I find it to be incredibly useful for blending out a darker crease shade so that it fades toward my brow-bone. The dense, flat surface just makes it so effortless and seamless to blend a darker shadow into a "transition" shade and then to blend that transition shade into my highlight colour. I don't know that I'd actually use this for my crease colour - it seems a bit too firm for applying colour in the crease - but it's that firm quality that makes it so good for blending. If I can find a few more of these at other Target stores (I got the last one at the store nearest me), I will certainly pick up another one or two.

on 9/18/2010 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This a review for the white handled brush. I've never tried the black handled brush, and frankly I don't see the need. I am perfectly satisfied with the white handled brushes. This was the second brush I ever bought years ago. It's still going strong. It's a very versatile brush. I use it mostly for doing my eyebrows. I just use a little eyeshadow on my brows and this brush works great for that. I can also use it to line my eyes with eyeshadow if I want a soft, smudgy look. I also use it if I want a very defined outer V. I love all the sonia kashuk brushes I've tried. My mom got this brush too-it's the only brush she owns.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this to set dark eyeshadow as soft eyeliner, and it works well. It's been with me for 2 years and none of the hairs of the brush have fell off.
The hair on the brush is soft and yet resilient enough to perfectly line my eyes.
A great brush with an affordable price.
Definitely worth buying.

on 1/24/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I love this brush =D

I just recently started getting into makeup so in building up my collection, I got this brush since it was relatively inexpensive (about $10 at Target). I honestly didn't know how to use this brush to apply eyeshadow ... I still don't! haha ... so I used it as an eyebrow brush and have been ever since.

The angle is perfect for added control as I use it to fill in my eyebrows. I've been using it for about 8 months now and have never had issues with shedding. Also, I travel often and am lazy (and almost skeptical that I won't be able to find one that won't work as well) to find a travel-sized version so I've taken this with me everytime I'm out of town - super durable . I LOVE IT and if I lose it, I will definitely repurchase.

The only reason I didn't give this product a 5 out of 5 is that I still think $10 is a lot for a brush ... Again, I know this is on the "cheap" end but I am very new to make up and not so serious about having the top of the line tools. Realistically speaking, this is a great brush that does the trick and as soon as I figure out how to put this brush to greater use, I will be super happy! =)

on 1/23/2010 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush and use it every day to apply eye brow powder. That is all I use it for.

on 10/11/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I adore this brush, and I use it all sorts of ways. I adapt this brush to different eye uses by dipping a different part (sometimes the whole base) in the product depending on how I want to use the brush. It makes a great highlighter, a superb crease brush, a super smokey eye brush, and even a smudger/blender. This has been my best brush buy, and it's this brush and its versatility that has completely sold me on Sonia Kashuk's brushes at Target. Both the white-handled "bargain" line and the black, ergonomic-handled "professional" brushes are wonderful. Most of them use real hair, like this one, but some are indeed synthetic, like the foundation/concealer brushes and the blenders. Fun fact: I've used both Sonia Kashuk and Bare Escentuals brushes for months now, and Sonia's brushes shed less!!

on 7/26/2009 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

It would work better if it was stiffer. (That's what she said.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! It is not as thin as an eyeliner brush is, but it still works for that, especially to create a smoky eye look. I love how versatile it is. Not only do I use it to line my eyes, but I also use it for eye shadow and for my eyebrows. It's soft & sturdy. Best of all, it was cheap!

on 10/26/2008 4:00:00 PM

When I first bought this at Target, I misread the name, I thought it was eyeliner instead of eyeshadow. When I got home, I realized it's a little too thick to use for a thin line, but I do use it sometimes to set my pencil line - besides, you can still use it to line your bottom lash line with shadow. It's great for eyeshadow on your lids since the brush is soft, it does become less precise as you wash it more, but it's not really that expensive ($5) - I would keep buying this until I find a better alternative at a similar price.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products