October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Concealers - Ben Nye - Total Color-All Wheel SK-200

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A wheel of creamy concealers! Genius! Super creamy, easy to blend and I use all the colors. What a deal! These apply best on moisturized skin with a finger but a brush can be used. There are two yellowish shades, two lighter shades and then two shades that I always think are too dark for my NC20 skin but in reality, work really well under the eyes and can cancel out blue circles decently. Those two lighter shades seem to be too light but then again I use them as highlighter under the eye (the triangle) and they work just fine. I don't expect this formula not to be cakey. I think that is too much to ask because this is thick concealer. Pat it in and powder it and it should hold decently. I think this is a great value.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by cristinarn

FIrst of all I love a lot of BN products like the contour and blush powder but I was so disappointed with this one.... I am pretty good in applying make- up in general but I tried every which way to apply this.... Believe me this will crease no matter what you do under the eyes in less than 3 minutes.... On the face will become oily greasy even fixed with banana powder once you get oily even just a little.So will not repurchase this ever but will repurchase other BN products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by t00zday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first Ben Nye purchase. First HG anything.
HG concealer without a doubt.

A lady at the MAC counter & I were talking about covering tattoos. She took me aside to tell me that if I *really* wanted to cover a tattoo, I needed to look into Ben Nye.

So playing it safe, I purchased this fantastic little compact to use JUST to cover tattoos. (SK-200, the lighter shades. Until this point, I used Bobbi Brown & MAC concealers on my face) Once I saw how WELL it covers up tattoos,
I began using it on blemishes. Gone! What blemish? I didn't even have to work at getting artsy at covering them.

Next I used it under my eyes. I'm extremely fair (NC15/NC20) but I ended up using the darkest color on this under my eyes. Lighter color along my jaw line to cover the ruddy/red skin there.

Now I basically use this compact as a quickie foundation. Hide freckles, blemishes & dark circles. Lighten around the nose and jawline. Spread evenly too.
Keep it in the purse and apply it just before getting out of the car in the parking lot before work. It does not look like I'm wearing any makeup. People at work just think I have this great peaches & cream skin. HA!

This stuff stays on forever & doesn't feel heavy. I've got oily skin, I sweat like a ho in church & my skin is very sensitive. I break out if I use the wrong makeup, and this stuff does not break me out and STAYS on all day.

I've been using this *SAME* original purchase since I first got it two years ago. Still not needing a replacement. Spent $10 on it also.
I don't know where people are buying it for more than that. Buy from StageMakeUpOnline or direct from a Theatrical supply place. (Call around to costume shops & ask if they have it!)

It's a little thicker/harder feeling than my BB & MAC stuff.
I know I shouldn't, but I apply it with my finger tips. Just tap the concealer onto my skin, everywhere it's needed. Then to spread it, I just kind of 'tap-spread' it out. Doesn't require work. Easy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by lynnettechua

Okay so I purchased this product after reading all the great reviews about its pigmentation online.

I have bad hereditary dark circles which worsen with the lack of sleep so I need a product that really helps to conceal.

I was using Bobbi Brown corrector & concealer previously but for around 40au dollars each, its really expensive to keep purchasing every 3 months.

I bought this product as I got it for about 40+dollars for so many colours, there were orange and browns so I figured it could work as a corrector and concealer in one.

It was terrible, creases without providing full coverage. Well, I can see how it is cinema makeup, but its really is unnatural and quite a waste of money. Can barely be used to cover pimple scars either as its cakey.

I have to use my bobbi brown underneath and over it.

Also, I am fair for an asian and using the darker colour wheel is still too light for me!!!

Waste of money & disappointing/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw a few YouTube videos of people using this and I was really intrigued to get my hands on this product. Finally able to purchase it through eBay for $25. All the shades available in the SK-200 are great matches to my fair complexion. The shades are very pigmented with a creamy emollient texture which definitely requires setting powder to prevent the product from migrating and slipping. Sadly I had to give this product up for 2 main reasons. First this is impossible for me to use under the eye to conceal bags and dark circles. Becomes a cakey hot mess despite trialling many different applications. Second the product doesn't agree with my skin and I started to develop really bad clogged pores and breakouts. Not an HG concealer palette for me and my quest continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by joymeetsworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer! It has six shades, all in the same general family so you can mix them together. It's a little thick so I don't ever use it under my eyes. It covers extremely well and I'm very impressed with how little you need. I got it for $25.99 at Ricky's but there are tons of places online that sell Ben Nye. It seems a bit pricey but you do get 6 colors and it's well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just received this concealer wheel in the mail yesterday and tried it this morning. The texture is creamy and I definitely suggest moisturizing before applying to avoid caking or creasing. However, a little goes a long way! Ben Nye specializes in theatrical makeup, so this concealer is quite pigmented - perfect for people with major undereye circles. The wide range of colors is great for neutralizing reds/blues/greens/etc. I would definitely recommend this concealer wheel to anyone, whether you're a makeup artist or just a makeup junkie, like myself. My only gripe is the price (I purchased mine for about $30 online with shipping). But you're definitely getting what you pay for in terms of quality makeup!