L'Occitane Jasmin Eau de Parfum

3.8

on 2/7/2013 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I smelled this perfume for the first time, I absolutely loved it. It was one of those perfumes you want to go back and smell again. :P
The bottle is beautiful, really stunning.
The sad thing is, I sprayed it on a few months ago after not using it for a long time, and although I liked the scent, it was SO strong on me. It gave me a headache and made me feel dizzy too... :( I hope I won't get a headache or dizzyness next time, when I spray it on.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have the most picky boyfriend ever when it comes to perfumes. I sampled so many for his approval, after I found out most of the things I wear bother him, and this was the first after almost fifty that he liked. It's very "fresh" smelling, yet very feminine. As another reviewer noted, it lasts much longer when sprayed on clothing. It's my new go to.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Once I tried this edp at the duty free at the airport I knew I have to get it. This edp is launched with 3 others in the Voyage en Méditérranée collection during christmas. The first impression I have for this perfume is that it smells so so unique and delicate and REAL! Unlike any other jasmine perfume that I tried, most of the others tend to have a artificial chemical scent in it(or just the combination) that makes them smells cheap. With this perfume I got uncountable compliments for no matter when I'm at work or just out for movies or even family dinner in christmas. Most people find this scent very fresh and divine and best in spring summer hot humid whether but I tried wearing it in summer and I didnt like it as the scent combines with my body chemistry and became sorta bitter and it fades so much quicker than in the winter season, and honestly I'm tried of ultra sweet bakery or musky scent for the holiday season, the crisp greenish scent really stands out better.
However, the downfall of this edp is that the staying power is absolutely terrible. It lasts on me about 4 or 5 hours top though I do find it lasts longer on moisturized skin. And spending a good 55euro for a perfume that doesnt last, its kinda ridiculous.

P.S. Head Notes of Bergamot and Ivy Leaves; Heart Notes of Jasminum Grandiflorum, Orange Blossom and Lily of the Valley; Base Notes of Cedar and Amber

Big white floral, but not the least cloying or powdery. Very fresh, natural and a bit soapy and clean in the drydown. Makes me visualize a jasmine shrub in full bloom, even though I've never seen one. This edp smells very natural to my nose with a touch of green leafy notes and a wet kind of freshness. It brings to mind Cynthia Rowley's Flower (similar uncomplicated floral, although CR is powdery) and Yves Rocher Gardenia, being a fresh, wet floral, very true to its name, but Jasmine edp of course resembling its own name and being a bit more complex. Even though this is quite a nice fragrance, unfortunately it doesn't suit me. I hoped for something more unusual and spicier and maybe not as floral... The staying power is excellent when sprayed on clothes.

on 11/18/2009 5:52:00 PM

Let me start out by saying that this is a very lovely spring and summer scent, (and also bf-approved). It's simplicity at its best and smells absolutely divine. The bottle is beautiful too. Sadly, it has very poor staying power on me. After 2 hours, I can barely detect any scent.

Popular Fragrances