E.L.F. Eyebrow Treat & Tame

3.6

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like the formula of this tinted brow gel. It coats and shapes brows for a long lasting look. I am not able to find a good match for my brows though. The dark is way too dark and the medium is too red-tinged. Ash is a a very fakey gold tone. I have never used the clear gel treatment portion of this product. The brush wand could also be better for for the price, is ok.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

LOVE this product! The tame side has really transformed my brows into thick enhanced brows that are not as unruly an do not need to be done at the salon as much. I can just tweeze them myself and still get a great look! The treat side is also great for quick eyebrow coverage and makes the browns look very finished and tamed! Does not last longer than about ten hours! I would reapply after that!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I initially wanted to buy an elf clear brow mascara and the elf brow kit to fill in the minimal sparse areas I have but I went home with this baby (without reading the reviews, that was so unlike me). At first, I was bit skeptical because what the makeup counter saleslady suggested was way lighter than the color of my brows. I have black eyebrows (not even dark browns, I know, how unlucky of me to be born with these set of brows). Anyway, she tested out the product on one of my brows and wow, the difference is definitely noticeable! My brows looked a shade lighter (which is perfect in my opinion) and they looked so soft and natural. Like, you would have even thought that I was born with these on fleek brows! I love this so much. It's cheap and I use it everyday. Not a fan of the huge wand applicator though.

I was hesitant to buy this because of the mixed reviews but I gave it a try and all I can say is WOW!

I have dark brown eyebrows, or well pretty much black, and have always used black colors on my brows since I think a lighter color, like the medium browns everyone uses look horrible on natural dark hairs but I noticed the black was a little harsh, and then I found this gem in the shade deep, it's perfect for my dark eyebrows, not harsh black and not unnatural 3 shades lighter color, it's just perfect.

When it comes to the brush, it's good for my thick eyebrows, I just brush my brows with the tame part following my natural shape and fix the details with an angled liner brush, if your eyebrows are thinner than the brush I'd recommend using it dabbing the brush on the product, it works just as fine and I gotta say this has an amazing finish, looks so natural and it has little fibers that mimic hair so it doesn't look flat like obviously drawn, and about the treat part can't really review since I'm not really interested in it and rarely use it.

Looks completely unnatural when applied, both in colour and consistency. Difficult to form a proper shape.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

With aging, my light brown eyebrows now have touches of gray and have become much thinner. I have not used this every day, though I probably should. It makes my eyebrows look great and very natural. I have the clear/light the color is perfect, it is a red/brown color in the tube but when applied looks like a very natural brown. I fill in any gaps with the Instant Lift Brow Pencil in Taupe. Two great products with the added bonus of great prices.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is (only) my second attempt at brow makeup; the first was the E.L.F kit with colored wax and powder. I am still looking for my perfect eyebrow enhancer.

I purchased this on the E.L.F website when they had a promotion for free shipping and stocked up on all my favorites. Knowing their shades run a little red from using the wax/powder kit, I went with the Ash shade choice. And wouldn't you know it, it was STILL too warm for me!!

The packaging was okay at first. It's a double-ended tube with a mascara-like wand applicator on one end to apply the color, then a thin, lip gloss-like brush for the clear (tame) end. It applied just the right amount of product, after wiping the excess back in the tube. After three months, the color side of the tube broke! I was pulling the wand out and the whole threaded end that keeps the wand in broke off. This is not the first time I've had a packaging malfunction with E.L.F (cough, mineral mascara, cough).

The formula itself was nothing impressive at all. The color of the light shade was reddish, to the point of appearing orange over my light brown brows, and the gel tamer did nothing for me, except make my eyebrows looks greasy. For a tamer/treatment, I much prefer Ardel Lash Growth; it works!!

For the $3 price tag, I can't complain too much. I gave it a try and ultimately it didn't work for me. I like the consistency of the color, but if the Ash was too warm for me, I doubt trying the other colors will match any better. The hunt continues...

Been trying this one for over a month now, really want to like it- I previously liked a Bobbi Brown eyebrow product that had a mascara wand-type applicator, but it falls flat for me for a few reasons:
1. The dark color option isn't very dark.
2. brush is a little big and clumsy.
3. Doesn't seem to put color on my brows really, but does leave weird uneven splotches of color on the skin between my brow hairs in spots where my brows are sparse.

On the other hand, I don't have any issues with the treat side, but I can't tell if it's helping. I do have a substantial brow that has thin areas from over-tweezing on the insides of my brows. I think I was a bit too optimistic to think that this product would help much with that. I see other reviewers here saying that they like this product for their slighter sparser brows, maybe that is the difference. Not the right product for me, but priced right to give it a try.

I love this product. It's not too pigmented that my eyebrows look fake, but pigmented enough to make my eyebrows look thick. Perfect for those who have very thin eyebrows. The treat side helps your eyebrows grow and the tame adds volume to your eyebrows. Actually, it's perfect for everyone. It looks natural and the texture of my eyebrows after putting it on is still soft. Definitely HG material

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Complete waste. There is almost nothing I like about this product. The packaging is cheap, but it's ELF so I expected that but the wands inside are horrible. The brush on the "treat" side is too firm and frays easily when reinserting it into the tube. There aren't even words for how horrible the brush on the "tame" side is. It's stiff, bristles have a poor structure and it is not tapered in any way. This makes application a mess. The product tends to clump up between the rows of bristles and at the end of the wand meaning I have to wipe off any excess product before trying to apply it and even still I end up with clumps of product on my brows.
The formula itself lacks as well. The treat side is extremely wet and takes forever to dry and for what purpose? Does ELF really expect me to believe that for $3 a tube they've added a secret magical ingredient that's going to work miracle for my brows? I highly doubt that. It also does nothing to tame the brows so it's pretty pointless. The only thing I have used it for it to help wipe off foundation that's clinging to my brows on days I don't want to add color to them.
Then there's the tame formula. WHY are there fibers in this? WHY? They don't stick to your brow at all. They clump up on the brush. If any does transfer to your brows its in the form of a clump. I'd say about 90% smear onto the skin and 10% sticks to the brow. If you do manage to get this on your brows successfully plan on it taking at least 5 minutes to dry. The color is mediocre. The deep shade is a little too dark and unnatural. I can't speak for the others.
Honestly, I think my brows would look better if I replaced this with a cheap dollar mascara.

Popular Brows Products