December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No 7 Beautifully Balanced Purifying Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lizgen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have combination/acne prone/sensitive skin and I use to wash my face with a mural cleanser everyday which made my skin so irritated that it would break out. Now I use this product at night - at I double cleanse - to make sure that it doesn't leave any trace of makeup - I use eye makeup remover though! This product is gentle and calms my skin. Love it and would def repurchase it! the only dram back is that it doesn't take off the makeup and you have to double cleanse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I got a 5 GBP voucher from Boots for a No7 item, and decided to try this cleanser. It usually retails for 8 GBP, and around $10 at Target in the States. I really like this cleanser -- it feels smooth and slick on my skin, is non-foaming, non-scented and non-drying. In fact, it even helped calm down some of my breakouts, which were being caused by my old cleanser (Cetaphil Cleanser for Oily Skin, which usually works okay for me). It's 200 ml (or around 6.7 oz), and I use about four pumps to wash my face, so I think this bottle will last me quite a while.

The only thing that knocks it down to four instead of five lippies is that it claims to remove all of your makeup, and I've found this not to be true. I usually use a separate eye makeup remover anyway, but out of curiosity, I tried a Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipe after washing my face with this cleanser, and was disappointed to find myself wiping away the last few traces of my foundation. Bear in mind that I only use a concealer and a light powder foundation, so for those of you who wear something heavier, this cleanser will not do its job. This is also why even though I really like the cleanser, I won't be repurchasing -- I feel like there are other cleansers out there that will remove my makeup much more thoroughly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't use this for a facial cleanser, I use it as a makeup remover. I use it the same way you would a cleansing oil...put it straight on my dry skin, rub it in, then rinse it off and then cleanse like normal. It's worked better than other makeup removers I've used and it's really inexpensive for the amount you get. I picked mine up at target and I'm really loving it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kenoki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'd been using Mario Badescu's Enzyme Gel Cleanser, which I love, but recently ran out. They don't sell MB in my town, so off I went in search of something comparable at a reasonable price. This Boots cleanser (bought at Tar-jay) basically does the trick but involves a little finagling.

First, I apply to a dry face. Don't use the recommended amount. I need about 8 pumps (seems extreme but the pump doles out small amounts) to get enough product to stir around the makeup and debris. I massage around my face for about 45 seconds. Then I take the Olay Pro-X brush (dampened) and use that to stir things up a bit more/exfoliate. Then rinse. Then I'll use about 4 more pumps of product for a final quick wash and rinse. That about does it. Seems time-consuming but really it only takes about 3 minutes.

It is a little drying, but not tremendously so. I will not repurchase but am happy to use it up. Not super thrilled with the ingredient list. A nice product in a pinch, but you'd be better off with Cetaphil.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by egirl26

Really great and keeps oily skin dry. This doesn't remove makeup but it get the dirt off. I didn't realize it contained parabens, so I might not repurchase, but if I didn't know I'd say this stuff is great.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by pandasmilee

Got this at my Target for $8 plus tax. I was looking for a new cleanser because I had run out of mine. This is a basic cleanser that is unfragranced. It's not drying at all and it's pH-balanced. It cools my face a bit but I do regret buying this.

It failed to cleanse the makeup off my face at the end of the day. It does a terrible job of taking off makeup. This cleanser would be most ideal for normal/combo skin. For the price I paid, I expected it to work well but.. sigh. It doesn't cleanse the face very well and there are a lot more cleansers out there that can do the job (e.g. Simple Moisturizing Cleanser). The cleanser does come with a nice pump but would I buy it again? No way, considering the variety of better cleansers on the market.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

If I could rename this product it would be "Cetaphil Plus" because it reminds me a lot of Cetaphil- the texture especially.
The cleanser is gentle with a subtle smell. Not suitable for deep cleansing or makeup removal.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by oregongirl39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is OK for in the morning when my face isn't really dirty. It smells nice and rinses off easily. However, it states on the bottle that it will remove makeup and it does NOT. I bought it to use in the evening and it leaves a lot of makeup on my skin. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I have repurchased this cleanser many times and is excellent value and a quality product. I prefer to use this in the morning on clean skin to refresh and brighten my skin whereas I like to use the normal/ dry no7 formula in the evening for removing make up. If your looking for a cleanser for this purpose I would recommend doing the same because this gel cleanser doesn't have excellent make up removing properties. It feels really cooling on the skin and hasn't broke me out at all! Great pump bottle too, love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I'm pretty disappointed in this product. I was looking for a cleanser that will do a good job removing my makeup at the end of the day and I saw this at Target. The label states:
"Cleanse away impurities, excess oil and make-up with this cooling, balancing gel."
Unfortunately, this does a POOR job of removing makeup. I tried it out on my face and after thoroughly rinsing, I noticed lots of makeup residue on the towel.
I'd recommend this as a morning refresher cleanser for NORMAL to DRY skin. I tried it a few mornings and it felt nice when my skin was balanced, but it didn't feel effective when my pores were feeling clogged...so I went back to Target for something else. :(
If you're looking for a cleanser that will remove makeup, I found Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser to be much, much better. continued >>