October 23, 2014 | 1938 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Brush Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by troo12

This is the only brush shampoo I've ever used but I think it's pretty good! I've never had an issue with it and I use it on my brushes and my beauty blender.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Like most people, I like to keep my makeup brushes clean and am always on the lookout for something that will help me do that. Before trying this I mainly used baby shampoo (or occasionally washing up liquid) but I was interested to try something specifically designed for the purpose - step forward E.L.F.'s Brush Shampoo.

To me this is essentially a mild cleansing fluid, which is fragrance free and soaps up very similarly to a shower gel or mild shampoo. It does wash my brushes effectively, although I would say it has the slight edge on synthetic brushes over natural ones. With natural brushes I tend to find you have to wash them through first, rinse them, then wash again to get really good results. You also have to use quite a lot of product to get a thorough clean and the bottle is an annoying square shape which makes it difficult to squeeze, especially when there's only a little bit left.

Since finishing this, I've bought a bottle of Dr Bronner's Unscented Baby-Mild Pure Castile Soap and have to say it cleans all of my brushes more thoroughly than the E.L.F. one does, so on that basis I wouldn't be tempted to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price this is okay but if you're willing to spend a little more money you can find a brush cleanser than is much better. This one takes a while to work up a lather and really get all of the makeup out. I'll use this up but I probably won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I thought this stuff was the bees-knees....until I tried daiso sponge cleaner! Now this product pales in comparison. Takes forever to get anything clean compared to the daiso. Will use up but not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by miamc12321

I tried to use baby shampoo and I've been using dish soap. Both were okay, but baby shampoo took a lot of product and dish soap could take awhile to rinse. Neither had conditioning and baby shampoo has no antibacterial ingrediants. E.L.F. Brush Shampoo has both. It's very inexpensive, costing me only $2.99. I use the E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner first, and then I use this product and my favorite brushes come clean and are very soft. I will be buying this again. I'm very happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This SUCKS!!! I brought a bottle of this way back in the day when I was first starting to really get into makeup and didn't know any better, I had just brought a 12 brush eye and face kit plus some extra brushes from Sigma and wanted to take really good care of my new professional brushes, so I picked this up at Target, 3 bucks I think. I used it up all the while noticing that not much product was coming off of the brushes and the shampoo didn't really foam up. I finished it up and used regular hair shampoo on the next wash and so much leftover makeup product came out of each brush! Product was just collected in the fibers of each brush and I then really realized that ELF makeup brush shampoo does absolutely nothing! I never brought it again and never will, I now use Walmart brand makeup brush shampoo which is the same price ($3) and gets my brushes squeaky clean :) Don't waste your $3 on this :/

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't clean anything

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

True rating: 3.5
This is an alright brush shampoo, but there really isn't anything special about it. It gets my brushes clean, but I find I have to use more of this than other shampoos I've tried. This stuff doesn't seem to lather that well. I do like that it is completely unscented, and it doesn't leave my brushes feeling filmy like some products can. The bottle is cute, but when your hands are wet and you're towards the end of the bottle, the square shape can be a little hard to squeeze product out of.
Like I said, this works fine, but it's not the greatest. For $3, you can get a bigger bottle of baby shampoo, which I like better than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Doesn't wash my brushes good i prefer dawn soap :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a cheap and good product. I normally use the M.A.C brush cleaner but when I go overseas or maybe staying overnight outside, I do not want to bring that bulky bottle of brush cleaner, so this E.L.F does the job. It is generally smaller in size but still manage to clean the brushes just that I will need to put a very generous amount to wash my brushes. It is also very inexpensive therefore I will repurchase it again!