February 28, 2015 | 1963 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Brush Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2015 11:11:00 PM More reviews by LilMissDani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually LOVE elf products, but this one just didn't do it for me!! First and foremost, I had a hard time squeezing the shampoo out of the bottle---so this frustrated me...especially when I was cleaning 30+ brushes at a time. I eventually had to remove the cap which caused me to over-pour and waste so much of the shampoo. Honestly, I didn't mind (the excessive over pour) because the cleaning power of the shampoo was subpar, to say the least. For the price, I would much rather buy a big bottle of baby shampoo (ton of product for the same price) which does a better job of deep cleaning my brushes and doesn't invoke unnecessary stress/hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 8:07:00 AM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

this stuff is great. I've cleaned my brushes in the past with an evoo rinse followed by regular shampoo or whatever cleanser I'm currently using, and this does a better job and doesn't leave oil on my brushes. I was actually REALLY impressed with how well this cleans brushes, even ones for eyeliner (I use eyeliner in a pot and use the same type of brush for my potted brow filler, cleans both perfectly).

I will say that 90% of the products that touch my brushes are ELF brand anyway, and the brushes themselves are ELF brand as well (studio line - soooo goood). you need quite a bit of shampoo to clean a single brush and since it doesn't lather well at all I wash my brushes twice to get them thoroughly clean. I like that this stuff disinfects as well, so even if my brushes still have residue, it's not going to become a health problem or a breakout.

for only $3, you can't beat this stuff. I only clean my brushes every week/every other week anyway so it's not like I'm gonna blow through this bottle anytime soon. overall, not an above-and-beyond product but it does what it advertises with the makeup products I currently use and I'm perfectly satisfied. will totally repurchase.

pros: cleans brushes, unscented, super cheap

cons: terrible packaging, takes a lot of product to thoroughly clean brushes

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gets my brushes nice and clean! I do have to use a decent amount, but this is the only brush shampoo I've ever used, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by troo12

This is the only brush shampoo I've ever used but I think it's pretty good! I've never had an issue with it and I use it on my brushes and my beauty blender.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Like most people, I like to keep my makeup brushes clean and am always on the lookout for something that will help me do that. Before trying this I mainly used baby shampoo (or occasionally washing up liquid) but I was interested to try something specifically designed for the purpose - step forward E.L.F.'s Brush Shampoo.

To me this is essentially a mild cleansing fluid, which is fragrance free and soaps up very similarly to a shower gel or mild shampoo. It does wash my brushes effectively, although I would say it has the slight edge on synthetic brushes over natural ones. With natural brushes I tend to find you have to wash them through first, rinse them, then wash again to get really good results. You also have to use quite a lot of product to get a thorough clean and the bottle is an annoying square shape which makes it difficult to squeeze, especially when there's only a little bit left.

Since finishing this, I've bought a bottle of Dr Bronner's Unscented Baby-Mild Pure Castile Soap and have to say it cleans all of my brushes more thoroughly than the E.L.F. one does, so on that basis I wouldn't be tempted to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price this is okay but if you're willing to spend a little more money you can find a brush cleanser than is much better. This one takes a while to work up a lather and really get all of the makeup out. I'll use this up but I probably won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I thought this stuff was the bees-knees....until I tried daiso sponge cleaner! Now this product pales in comparison. Takes forever to get anything clean compared to the daiso. Will use up but not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by miamc12321

I tried to use baby shampoo and I've been using dish soap. Both were okay, but baby shampoo took a lot of product and dish soap could take awhile to rinse. Neither had conditioning and baby shampoo has no antibacterial ingrediants. E.L.F. Brush Shampoo has both. It's very inexpensive, costing me only $2.99. I use the E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner first, and then I use this product and my favorite brushes come clean and are very soft. I will be buying this again. I'm very happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This SUCKS!!! I brought a bottle of this way back in the day when I was first starting to really get into makeup and didn't know any better, I had just brought a 12 brush eye and face kit plus some extra brushes from Sigma and wanted to take really good care of my new professional brushes, so I picked this up at Target, 3 bucks I think. I used it up all the while noticing that not much product was coming off of the brushes and the shampoo didn't really foam up. I finished it up and used regular hair shampoo on the next wash and so much leftover makeup product came out of each brush! Product was just collected in the fibers of each brush and I then really realized that ELF makeup brush shampoo does absolutely nothing! I never brought it again and never will, I now use Walmart brand makeup brush shampoo which is the same price ($3) and gets my brushes squeaky clean :) Don't waste your $3 on this :/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't clean anything