April 19, 2014 | 1680 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Brush Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I thought this stuff was the bees-knees....until I tried daiso sponge cleaner! Now this product pales in comparison. Takes forever to get anything clean compared to the daiso. Will use up but not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by miamc12321

I tried to use baby shampoo and I've been using dish soap. Both were okay, but baby shampoo took a lot of product and dish soap could take awhile to rinse. Neither had conditioning and baby shampoo has no antibacterial ingrediants. E.L.F. Brush Shampoo has both. It's very inexpensive, costing me only $2.99. I use the E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner first, and then I use this product and my favorite brushes come clean and are very soft. I will be buying this again. I'm very happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This SUCKS!!! I brought a bottle of this way back in the day when I was first starting to really get into makeup and didn't know any better, I had just brought a 12 brush eye and face kit plus some extra brushes from Sigma and wanted to take really good care of my new professional brushes, so I picked this up at Target, 3 bucks I think. I used it up all the while noticing that not much product was coming off of the brushes and the shampoo didn't really foam up. I finished it up and used regular hair shampoo on the next wash and so much leftover makeup product came out of each brush! Product was just collected in the fibers of each brush and I then really realized that ELF makeup brush shampoo does absolutely nothing! I never brought it again and never will, I now use Walmart brand makeup brush shampoo which is the same price ($3) and gets my brushes squeaky clean :) Don't waste your $3 on this :/

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't clean anything

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

True rating: 3.5
This is an alright brush shampoo, but there really isn't anything special about it. It gets my brushes clean, but I find I have to use more of this than other shampoos I've tried. This stuff doesn't seem to lather that well. I do like that it is completely unscented, and it doesn't leave my brushes feeling filmy like some products can. The bottle is cute, but when your hands are wet and you're towards the end of the bottle, the square shape can be a little hard to squeeze product out of.
Like I said, this works fine, but it's not the greatest. For $3, you can get a bigger bottle of baby shampoo, which I like better than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Doesn't wash my brushes good i prefer dawn soap :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a cheap and good product. I normally use the M.A.C brush cleaner but when I go overseas or maybe staying overnight outside, I do not want to bring that bulky bottle of brush cleaner, so this E.L.F does the job. It is generally smaller in size but still manage to clean the brushes just that I will need to put a very generous amount to wash my brushes. It is also very inexpensive therefore I will repurchase it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by PrettyMixedDoll

Ehh.. Its alright... I recommend just buying yourself some baby shampoo for the same price.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok I only took of a lippy because this stuff does not rid my brush fully of bb creams...
Other than that, it works like a charm! All of the makeup melts off of my brushes and my brushes are left soft as ever and ready to go the next day!!
I think this product runs about $6... the only way to beat that is to make your own at home!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by mellifera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you want to know how good this stuff is: it got every drop of ColorStay out of my foundation brush. Everything else I tried always left behind stains.