Hard Candy Fortune Gloss in Kismet #147

3.8

This gloss is great for on the go. I keep this in my purse. It provides a nice pink tint, isn't sticky, stays on long and omg, it tastes so good. It tastes and smells like cherries! The cap packaging is so cute too, it has a little mini Magic 8 Ball in it!

I have this in pink lemonade. Its an okay product but the cap came unglued and now i have to take off the white part just to open it. Like other reveiwers said about the 8 ball is true it doesnt work and isnt really necessary. Also mine leaked as well and got goop all over the place. You might as well take your $6 and get like 3 lipsmackers cause theyre better and cheaper.

on 6/16/2012 8:56:00 PM

This lip gloss was the bomb last school year. All the girls had one. We'd get yelled at by the teachers for applying in the middle of class. Back then, there was no such thing as quality; a lip gloss was a lip gloss. They made your lips shiny, smelled good, and told you your future. You had to be crazy to come up with this adorable magic-8 ball packaging, though. Seriously, who in the Hard-Candy-production-lab-place steps up and says "HEY GUYS I THINK WE SHOULD PUT A MAGIC EIGHT BALL IN THE LIP GLOSS CAP"?

But as for the quality of the lipgloss itself, it's a little too expensive ($6) for what it is: a sheer, sticky gloss with a strong scent, okay staying power, and... a really nice gift for the middle-schooler in your life.

My mom bought this gloss for me awhile ago and it is my favorite gloss! I wish i still had it but unfotunely it broke andd coated my purse in sticky goop. But i loved the scent. It remnded me of the marshino cherries you can buy at the store that are soaked in liquid candy. I also loved the pinkish tint it ave me lips and that cute little eight ball or what ever it was that was in the top (i forgot it was that long ago). Im pretty sure the discontinued making the gloss though which is sad because i want another bottle of it.

on 4/19/2011 4:51:00 PM

I am extremely disappointed in this product. As a long time HC user I had high expectations for the gloss.
My primary complaint is that although the gloss implies it is flavored - it is not, at least not in any manner that is pleasant or noticeably fruity.
Secondly it has an extremely heavy and gunky feel when applied, much similar to using Aquaphor on ones lips - only with out the benefits. My lips feel sticky, heavy, and uncomfortable when wearing it.
At $6.00 a piece I find this to be an extremely low quality product, especially when better/tastier/shinier gloss is available for $1.00.

Now for the packaging - is it really necessary? I'd rather pay less for the product or have a better product than have to pay for the silly "magic *ball" (which doesn't actually work).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on my third tube of this particular gloss. I love it! The cherry cough syrup smell and taste is my favorite part. I also have this in a yellow and purple.In two of the five bottles of this gloss that I have purchased, they have leaked either gloss from the bottle itself or the liquid in the 8 ball portion. It was an easy return both times, and I will continue to buy them because the goodness inside is totally worth it.

on 10/8/2010 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, i was sold because of the eight ball theme but when i opened it, the SMELL WAS SOOOOOOOOOO BAD :( it smells like cherry cough syrup. Theres not much of a sweet taste but the shine is AWESOME :D its just the right amount withough looking tacky. The colour doesnt show up that much but it gave my lips a nice pink tint. I got this in Canada and it was $6.37 SO TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT so i will not be buying it again but will keep the container (its sooo cute ;))

Honestly what sold me on this gloss was the little "8 ball" built into the cap! I wasn't expecting a good lipgloss at all! It's not too shiny and not too, too sticky! Plus the cherry scent and flavor are awesome! I expect to buy this once I'm spent on my current tube!

on 5/21/2010 4:36:00 PM

This gloss is packaged in an extremely cute way with the eightball theme. I just wish that the liquid in the cap were blue, instead of pink, and that the applicator were a brush. As for the actually product, it has pretty much no color payoff, so pick your gloss based upon scent rather than color, since it won't show up anyway. A lot of people hate this gloss for its "medicine smell," but I happen to love it. It reminds me more of candy than medicine.The gloss is a little sticky, but not unpleasantly. It's not super shiny, but its not dull. Overall, I would say the product is alright. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but I don't regret it. It's a cutesy thing to have in my makeup collection.

on 11/16/2009 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this lipgloss today and I have to say that the packaging gets 5 lippies. Its very cute and sturdy and I just love it. It has like one of those magic 8 ball things built into the lid. Its just adorable. I paid 6 dollars for this product and its overall worth it. I like it. It smells like jello and it tastes pretty sweet too. The Kismet color is like a really hot pink almost red in the tube but it goes on sheer and it looks great by itself or on top of a color. Its pretty long wearing as well...not amazing long wear but average wear.The only con about this product is that its just a tiny bit sticky...just a little bit. Its not gonna keep me from using it but its just a heads up if your thinking about buying it. Overall I like this product. Its one of my go to glosses.

Popular Lip Glosses