August 30, 2014 | 1817 users online

Lips - Everyday Minerals - New tinted Lip Balms

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

***These are similar to my favorite Lavera lip balm in that you have to use it a few times before it starts to be amazing. I guess the top is too smooth to rub off well and after a few days its AMAZING!***

I got the color Love Bird. It is a nudish mauvish pink. Which looks great on my light olive skin. Its a great nude or natural color. It feels incredibly soft and addictive, its like a buttery collageny plump feel.

I love these because they are not over pigmented so I dont end up looking like a clown or whore no matter how much I want to wear ;P LOL I have dry lips and have to try not to look like a clown with some other products, so I LOVE these! and they do have enough color to look great!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have three of these: Fauna (promo color), Blushing Park, and Pick Me Up Buttercup. The formula seems to be different between colors. My absolute favorite, which I will keep repurchasing, is Pick Me Up Buttercup. It is the PERFECT nude on my fair olive skin. Creamy and moisturizing and good color pay off. I love this shade! It is like a very creamy moisturizing lipstick. Blushing park makes me look dead but I think it would look gorgeous on cool toned skin. It is a very lovely color swatch, it just contrasts with my skin too much. The formula of Blushing Park kind of has a grit to it similar to a product that has glitter in it, minus the glitter. Also, mine broke first use which was a bummer. I don't know if I just got a faulty one or what. Fauna I believe was limited and now not on the website, but that was a gorgeous fall shade, not too dark as I love nude lips. But if I do not want to wear makeup and don't want true nude lips, this is a gorgeous shade and the formula is wonderful. I would recommend these! Especially Pick Me Up Buttercup! Much better than Burt's Bees tinted lip balms, I prefer them even more than my MAC lipsticks for a no fuss gorgeous natural look! Note that each shade does have a different formula.

EDIT: I am now loving the Blushing Park color as well. The color is gorgeous and I have gotten complements wearing it. Very pretty natural beige pink. I love these! Currently Everyday Minerals is changing the shades though so we shall see!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I can't believe EDM has the nerve to charge 8 dollars for this! I'm glad I got mine in a promo, so I didn't actually pay that much for it. In general, the packaging is a cheap, flimsy looking plastic, which means that when the hot liquid is poured into the container, whatever BPA's and phalates exist in the plastic is going to leach into the lip balm base. Aside from that aspect, it seems like it would crack very easily.

I received this in Fauna, which is actually a very pretty neutral, nude, sheer beige with a slight hint of warmth to it that has a nice hint of shimmer. It's essentially MLBB and would look very flattering on almost any skin tone. I really liked that, but given the ingredient list, I thought it would be much more moisturizing and smooth to apply. It's actually kind of hard to apply at first, but gets easier once your lips warm it up a bit. That's not a deal breaker for me.

The deal breaker is that it soon feels incredibly grainy and actually clumps up on my lips in hard particles. If I lick my lips, the grittiness goes away, but soon comes back. And, as you continue to lick your lips, the product obviously comes off. It absorbs very quickly into my lips, as well, so the staying power is not that great.

I think the issue is that the Wax is very high up on the ingredient list, so you're predominately getting Wax as opposed to all the nourishing butters the product is promoting.

All in all, I'm not impressed and I would be quite annoyed if I paid full price for this. It amazes me that the price went from 4 dollars in 2010 to 8 dollars in 2011. That's quite a price jump. I wish I had been turned onto EDM when their prices were actually competitive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These things have the consistency of a crayon. I'm not kidding; they color paper better than they do my lips. Hard, dry, and not a bit of color deposited. Very surprised since everything else EM makes is so good, but avoid this one-- unless you need some new crayons for back to school. :-P

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by 6inchgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THESE SO VERY BAD!

and they were so promising as well . great colour, nice packaging, natural as well.
but fast forward to about an hour later and IT LEAVES my lips looking as dry and flakey as hell . I've never had any other lip product do this, except matte lipsticks.

at first these are moisturizing , but once they set on your lips they start to dry your lip out, and i dont even know why . My lips looked so flakey and gross. the moment i wiped this off my lips, my lips returned to normal.

i dont know if its just my lips, but if it wernt for thi crazy drying effect i would have bought more ... such a shame.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

why such bad reviews? i think these are amazing. its hard to find vegan lipsticks and these are great wearable colors. they are extremely creamy, smooth and moisturizing. they come in a cute white tube with the logo in pink and are sent in little pouches with an ingredients list. the colors i have are...
bohemian wonderer- wearable copper color
super smoocher- berry color
whistle- lilac nude
her majestys secret service- pinky nude
bourgeois chic- natural nude
charmed im sure- soft pink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I honestly don't know why people are so negative about this lip balm. Although, personally I would classify this as a very moisturising lipstick (and I have gone through the lot chanel, mac, lancome, clarins etc etc) this is the best lipbalm of them all. It is moisturising with a hint of colour and lasts and lasts. Someone mentioned if this could be comparable to Burt's bees.. No way, burt's bees is stinky, waxy or something but not moisturising, does not last, and it always tastes weird whenever I drink something!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by nudepink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst lip product I have ever tried.
They feel like chalk on your lips, made me look like a corpse, and just didn't moisturize my dry lips. It actually made my pale lips more pale.
The packaging itself is very cheap plastic, and every time I opened a new one, the cap would scratch the balm itself. I threw mine away.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cosmocranky

Sorry I love EDM but these are a miss. They start out OK, but quickly turn grainy and hard. I tossed mine. I hope EDM will reformulate soon, these are not up to their standard. *EDIT* EDM reformulated these a little while ago. They are wonderful now. I have 4 and they are all very moisturizing and have great colour payoff.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by helaina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this lip balm in Honey Mirage, which is a very pale copper. This product should be called a lipstick, not a balm, because it goes on with a very dry texture. It doesn't glide on and it isn't moist. So you really need to wear a lip balm under it (I love Badger Lip Balm). I apply my Badger balm, wait a few minutes, blot, then apply this. I gave this product four stars because it is such a great and unique color. It is a warm pale copper. It's more on the pink side of copper rather than orange, and like I said, it's really pale so it's great for PPPs. This would be perfect for a pale lip to match a smoky eye when going out at night. It's also a very flattering color to wear everyday, if you don't mind a bit of frost. It's not as frosty as say, MAC Wuss, but being copper it does have frost. The color is really unique and very flattering and at $4 I keep one in my makeup drawer and one in my bag. I would have given it five stars if it had a smoother texture.