October 25, 2014 | 1744 users online

Treatments (Face) - Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Ehmuhlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like everyone says it gets worse before it gets better ! I had a slit break out after taking biotin and my face was just hard to work with & I went to my dr and got epiduo and prolly with in a week you could definitely tell a big difference & like every acne product it is very drying and Anything applied on skin you will get a burning sensation and it's kind of scary and painful but it last for a good 30 secs but after it's worth it !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kristinestewart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second week of Tactu and it's been very good, apart from dry peeling skin the night after that I use spectro cleanse and a sponge to get rid of (very easy and fast; 30 seconds of scrubbing gently), I have a perfectly clear skin apart from 1 active pimple on my chin and my doctor said I wouldn't see results until 6 weeks from now! Before I had very noticeable pimples that I could never get rid of with other products like proactiv and I was spending way too much on cover up products to hide it. Now my skin feels awesome and practically clear for the first time in I don't know how long AND this is only my second week! I highly recommend this product, although it is quite pricey ($123.)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MissC92

I'm on week 5 of TactuPump and my skin has gone through ups and downs during this time so far. I decided to start this treatment when I started breaking out the worst I've ever seen in my 32 years of life. Skin is not yet smooth, infact started out scaley and bumpy from the gel, but did notice each bump or pimple did not have a long life span. Whitehead appear as fast as they disappear. Product does burn the face slightly, but nothing that can't be tolerated for the sake of nice skin. I am inspired by all the reviews on here and hope to see some clarity by the 8-12 week mark, otherwise I may have to consider taking the pill...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Francescasarah24

This acne cream is the best that worked for my specific skin type. Before epiduo my face would break out horribly along my t-zone no matter what the occasion was. I've been put on many other acne creams and they did absolutely nothing for me other creams would feel like grease rubbed all over my face. But Epiduo doesn't feel heavy or oily you just put it on at night so that doesn't really matter anyways just for personal comfort. I saw my face start to clear up only after a week of use but you must use this product continuously to notice a difference. Epiduo doesn't only clear up acne but it prevents most of it from coming back. The only time I break out now is around my period and by break out I only mean like a couple pimples here and there which wayyyyyy better than a ton all over your face. I recommend this product but i'm warning you all skin is different and it reacts differently to different products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Ritu13

I waited 14 weeks of using this product before writing a review. I will sum it up by saying STICK WITH IT. I started using this product after having my daughter. I was experiencing some hormonal acne around the chin area and my dermatologist recommended it. The first month I saw some purging of the skin but not too much. By the second month my skin went crazy and I was breaking out around my mouth it was HORRIBLE. I read so many reviews and had been using the product for about 6 weeks at the time that I felt I had to keep going. I am so happy I did because by the third month around 10 weeks I started to see improvement. By 12 weeks I had one active pimple and thats it totally clear skin otherwise. Now at 14 weeks my skin is acne free and feels amazing. I still have some scarring that should fade away because this product contains retinol.

Your skin will get worse before it gets better, then you know the product is working. It takes a good 12 weeks before you see any results but its worth the wait. My skin has never looked so healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by hollifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using Epiduo every day for about 2 1/2 years. It's a fantastic cream, I found it so much more effective than benzoyl peroxide alone. I really miss living in the UK where I could get a big tube of it for 7.50 (US$12) courtesy of the NHS, although the smaller 30g tube does last a long time as you don't need much. At first I did have some breaking out- although nothing like as bad as when I started using BP (red face, flaky skin, bleaching of fabrics.. eugh).

I find it works best when used in combination with something else, like antibiotics. I am now on the contraceptive pill (Yasmin) which works wonders too, and has the great side effect of not getting pregnant! My acne has completely cleared up and my skin is glowing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by kwong714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word. Terrible. I have very oily and acne prone skin which is one of the worst two combination. Lately I have been getting huge cystic acne as well as some whiteheads but mainly cystic acne. It was getting so serious and painful that many suggested I should go see a dermatologist. So I did but I had to see a GP first to receive a referral letter and when I was face to face with the GP she recommended eqiduo. I was skeptical about it but still continued to try it. On the first night, it wasn't that bad. It felt like normal gel cream. The next morning my forehead looked so red and irritated. The cleansers I used burnt my skin cus of the epiduo and it was because I couldn't mix and acne products with it. At the end I stopped using it and my skin has definitely improved! This product thinned,irritated and burnt my skin. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by carolyngmarie

I am now finished my second week on Epiduo/TactuPump (you can read my first review underneath this one).

I am now starting to experience the dryness/itching/and burning that everyone talks about. It's certainly not comfortable but it's DEFINITELY worth the benefits. I will say I do have a high tolerance for pain and discomfort, but the burning sensation REALLY isn't that bad, I would just say it's really important to use a good oil-free moisturizer while using this product.

It's only been two weeks and aside from the redness and dryness, my SKIN HAS IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY. The cystic acne which usually lasts weeks on my neck has disappeared completely. While my face skin is usually pretty clear, aside from the fact that I regularly had to squeeze my big gunk-filled pores on my nose and cheeks, that has also disappeared completely. My skin literally feels as smooth as a baby's bum and it is such a great feeling.

Stick with it. Also-- I did not have any of the bad breakouts that some people mention they have.

-----
I am a 25-year-old female, and up until about a year ago, my skin was flawless (which I attribute to being on Yaz, which I was on for about 6/7 years). Prior to that, I dealt with lots of breakouts on my chin and cheeks, but nothing that was unbearable. Just average, really.

Since being off the birth control pill, my skin has been an absolute nightmare-- except not average pimples like I used to get. This time around, I get what starts out a pimple, but then turns into a cyst-like red bump that scabs and peels and scabs and peels and each take about a month and a half to heal. I usually have about 3 at a time, and when I think one heals, three more appear. They are painful and cause me SO much anxiety because I have tried every medicated AND non-mediated (high quality) skin care product(s) available. Nothing. Clears. This. Crap. Fortunately, if anything. they only cover my neck and jawline so they aren't as obvious as being on my cheek or forehead.

After going to the Dermatologist last week, my doctor gave me a prescription of Tactupump, and a form for bloodwork, as Accutane (if this Tactupump doesn't work) is the next step. He basically told me, that Tactupump is the last stop before Accutane.

Liket the other reviews, I haven't had ANY dryness whatsoever, even after making the horrible mistake of applying it three times on the first day (I have a bad habit of obsessive compulsive behaviour). It's been about 4 days and so far the cysts appear to be far less red and smaller to the touch. Seems like they are healing fairly well but it's only been a few days.

The only side effect I've had is the feeling of being flushed or over heating in the face. But that's only after I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by IamnotWhatIam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this about 3-4 days ago.
I was having one of the worst breakouts of my life with huge pimples filled with pus forming mountains on my forehead that were so painful and greasy. Initially, I had tried to buy Duac for my acne, as it had worked previously, but to my dismay, they weren't selling their product anymore. I was hesitant to buy Epiduo because I've used it before when I was in high school and the results were non-existent, and to some extent had worsened my mild acne so I was scared to buy it and try it again this time around. Luckily, I had decided to go through with it and the results are great so far! The pimples on my forehead have gone down dramatically, they're not as red, they're a lot smaller and they aren't painful to touch anymore! I have extremely oily skin too so after a few days of using this product it dried out my cheeks immediately, which is a little painful, but the results are great none the less :) I still have a few pimples on my forehead and cheeks but they've reduced in size dramatically and it's only been a couple of days so hopefully by next week most of the pimples will be gone :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Anadgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a miracle in a tube. I have suffered with acne, late in life, for the last 10 years or so...nothing would straighten my skin out. Back in April, I started Accutane after many failed treatments, which did help, but the side effects were so unpleasant...I am currently dealing with vision problems that coincided with the Accutane course, so my doc stopped it and put me on Epiduo in early August....6 weeks in, my skin hasn't been this clear in years...its doing a better job, in a shorter period of time, than the Accutane.

The best part is I have virtually no side effects...my derm asked me to start slowly, 3x the first week, then add a day the next week if my skin was handling it, etc. I quickly worked up to 6x a week with no problem other than a bit of redness at first.

I also have been using CeraVe PM lotion 2x a day, which I believe has helped my skin tremendously...I also just added a 40% lactic acid peel 1x a week.

I finally am getting clear smooth skin, after all these years...wish I had tried this sooner.