July 25, 2014 | 1238 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by tellyhigh

It is cheap and works! Enough said :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by BlissLush

Love the price of this primer and it works well! Use this for daily wear. Save my TooFace Shadower Primer for occacions only. The con is the packaging. I use my fingers to smooth out the primer when applying. Most definitely will keep this in my makeup collection!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cindymindy124

Ok so I had never had a eyelid primer before and when I started using this one I saw the difference between using a primer and not. First off with this one my eyeshadow lasted the entire day not to mention that I have oily lids and for one dollar there isn't really much to lose so I tried it out a couple of times and loved it. I would recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have super oily eyelids like me, I don't really recommend this product because the max it will make my eyeshadow hold up is 4 hours (which isn't a whole lot.) also, my eyeshadow ends up creasing and melting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This primer is a great value for the money ($1). It performs well by keeping eyeshadow in place of hours. It is a good dupe if you're curious about eyeshadow primers, but you are not yet ready to commit money to a more expensive brand.
It has a good consistency and dries quickly on the skin. It controls oil and shine on the eyelids, and helps prevent creasing. Even though I do have the more expensive Urban Decay Primer Potion, I still keep this E.L.F. primer around. I use it when I put on makeup just for a quick errand or running around (or if I'm just feeling lazy), saving my more expensive product for school/work days, etc.
For a dollar, I'd say buy it and try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by melissawallshmakeup

AAAAAmazing!!!!!!! the best primer ive ever tried!! doesnt smoge, eyeshadows dont crease!! super cheap!! highly recommended!! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is probably a hit or miss for some people but i love it. I've never used a eyelid primer before, so my eyeshadow lasted (that and i always had bad quality products) i recently got nyx sex bomb palette, so i decided to grab this because i've read some good reviews about it. I'm impressed. My eyeshadow stayed on throughout the day, it looked like i had just applied it. Can't beat it for a dollar!

so update: i was using this one day and after i applied it and was letting it dry it was burning my eyelids super bad! i couldnt get it off, my eyelids were so red and sore i could cry! i threw it out, i was disappointed. i love the staying power. it did go on streaky and my eyeshadow wouldnt stick because of tha but i could live with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised how well this works for me. First, I bought this at the same time I bought NYX HD primer. I had to buy this online tho and so it cost me 3$ instead of 1$. Thats really no problem tho, it was still cheaper than the NYX at $8. At first I liked the NYX better than this . After I experimented more with it tho, I decided that for every day wear, this one is just as good maybe even a little better. The only reason I say better is that the NYX take a long time to dry and this doesnt. The NYX makes the colors more vibrant but for going to work, this works great. It holds all day for me with no creasing and does make the colors look better than if I wore none. You need very little of this so it will last a long time. The one thing I do not like is the packaging. The applicator sticks and is hard to get out of the tube and the doe foot is not really as soft as it needs to be. It doesnt spread it very well but I see that others on here say they use their fingers once applied. to me, if I use my fingers it doesnt seem to hold the color as well all day. Besides that it is great. I will repurchase even at the higher price I paid because no where close where I live carries it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought primers were a gimmick but couldn't keep my eyeshadow on for very long so decided to give this a try because of its price. To my surprise, it worked like a charm. My eyeshadow lasts and I also use it by itself at times just to highlight my eyelids. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by heather94

I LOVE this stuff! It works great on keeping eyeshadow on all day, but I mostly use it for a primer on my eyebrows! It keeps my eyebrows from smearing and holds them in place! I love this product I use it everyday, and I keep repurchasing it!