January 27, 2015 | 1520 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2015 2:06:00 PM More reviews by queennattyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it isnt the best and i my opinion doesn't even compare to udpp like everyone says it does it doesn't make my shadow last longer the packaging is not good at all have had lot just get cracked ect. it does make my shadows brighter. i would buy again for the price it is a good deal to use in combination with other products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ness321

I have this and the UDPP. I have tried them side by side and find no difference between the two. They both increase the intensity and wear time of my eyeshadow. Both also create a blank canvas for my eyes by sheering out any discolouration. I actually find the texture of the E.L.F one to be a little smoother and easier to apply. In future, I will repurchase the E.L.F primer instead of the urban decay one. But, I do plan to try MACs paintpot in painterly next, which I have high hopes for.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2015 10:19:00 PM More reviews by teague436

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is not a good primer for oily lids. spend $20 and buy Urban Decay potion primer. I've had mine for over a year and so has lots left.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2015 6:39:00 PM More reviews by inluhwitdafrofro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin (my eyelids are extra oily for some reason) and it didn't work well for me. I think that if you have oily eyelids like me then try something else. The lasting power is about 3 hours which isn't good considering I'm at work for about 7 hours. I don't hate it it but I wouldn't purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2015 2:28:00 PM More reviews by motormouth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a bargain at .99. It works good at keeping eye shadow from creasing, and you can't beat the price. The only thing I didn't care for was that you have to wait a little bit for it to "set" on your lids before putting makeup on. But after a few times I got used to it and it has been fine .

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2015 4:05:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMeggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Did not work at all for me 😔

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 2:29:00 AM More reviews by nsugga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stuff is great. Affordable. Works like a charm never disappointed with this product. Have bought many tubes of this gem.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 3:35:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

One thing I realized with me after trying an eyeshadow primer is I don't need one. Applying foundation to my eyelids then applying eyeshadow works well enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 3:46:00 PM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this every single day, and I love it. I notice a huge difference in the staying power of my eyeshadow when I forget to use this primer. I have oily lids, so without primer, my eyeshadow will crease within an hour after putting it on. But when I use this primer, my eye-shadow stays flawless all day. I've even slept in eye makeup and woken up to creaseless, no smudge eyes. A miracle!

My only complaint is that the formula can be inconsistent. I've gone through 4 tubes in almost 2 years, and my most recent tube doesn't seem to work as well as it has in the past. Hopefully this is just one bad batch. *Fingers crossed*

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2015 2:33:00 PM More reviews by kim2241