E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ok. I have oily lids. I mean, foundation creases and smears eyeliner amount of oil. I know it's gross. But I wore this one day with foundation on top and an elf eye shadow. I did my makeup at 5AM and after work went straight to a family dinner....at 7PM my eye shadow was still on my eyes. I swear. The rest of my face looked pretty crappy but not my eyes. If elf could use this formular for an all over primer that would be awesome.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

GET THIS! (its only $1 if your skeptical)

I have oily skin, and eyelids. ive use mac paint pots- and ud primer potion... but this is BETTER! Will never consider using another product. its perfect and so is the price!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is really a good product but the container doesn't last long which bugs me! Ifs counterproductive to buy a tube of product even if it's a dollar if I can only use it for 2-3 weeks at a time. I wish I could scrape out more of the wasted product. It's really quite a bit. I feel like I'm getting my money better for UDPP I've not ever even finished an entire tube of UDPP! This is a dam shame coz the product is pretty good!!

I bought this at target for $2. It's great! Elf products are very hit or miss. I was really excited that this $2 eyelid primer was a hit!! It kept my eyeshadow on for a full day at work and stopped creasing. My eyelids get a little oily throughout the day but this really helped!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Sheer tint matches my complexion. On good days, only need this primer under the eyes with a bit of Coty translucent loose powder for a smooth, evened out effect. Can't beat the price, either. Do check the expiration date, however. I put a small dot label on all my cosmetics when I open them and write the month/year to toss. I believe these last 6 months once opened.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

If you can't buy anything else or are seriously in a pinch this is OK.
I'm not a big fan of the tube with the doe foot applicator as a lot of product seems to get stuck in the sides of the tube and you can't get to it.
The consistency of this product is nice while going on. It's creamy which makes it glide on easily. I like that it doesn't have a strong scent and the color is a nice sheer beige which evens out the skin tone on my eyelids. Once it's on the lids and it "sets" after a few minutes, the consistency is a bit more powdery.
Eyeshadows go on okay over this and it will make them last a few hours longer than they would without the primer so I'll give it that. However, don't except it to make them last all day. My shadows normally fade about 3-4 hours into the workday with this instead of right away with my oily lids.
The deal breaker for me is that this causes shadows to become less blendable. It's just not a good smooth base find blending my crease and outer v colors to be harder to blend the way I like. This is crucial since I wear mostly matte shadows.
I like the idea of E.L.F. products, but I think they're better as "starter" products for those who are just getting used to makeup.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I picked this up on a whim at a recent trip to Harmon's for $2. For the price, it's awesome. Even without primer, eyeshadows don't usually crease on me, but I got it to do show makeup when I'm sweating a lot.

I love the consistency of this eyelid primer, it's slightly tacky so you can really pack on eyeshadows with less fallout. The wand picks up just the right amount of product- you don't need to wipe the doe foot on the sides of the tube before usage. However, I will say that it's not exactly sheer. On my medium skin it leaves a bit of a pale tint behind, so be warned if you have darker skin.

I won't repurchase only because I want to shop around more and see what else is on the primer market.

Leaves a bit of a build up but does the job well. I have oily eyelids so it doesn't always last, but it certainly extends the period of non-smudged eyelids.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have never had a problem with eye shadow creasing until recently. I have tried a number of eye primers, as well as all of my concealers. This is the best primer that I have tried!

The formula is a thin, slippery texture that takes a bit of tapping with the ring finger to dry and soak into the eyelid. It has a light, creamy colour, which makes me think that it would not work on dark eyelids - it is mostly sheer on my pale eyelids, but there is still a hint of colour. The product has no smell and doesn't irritate my eyes (although I am not overly sensitive).

My eye shadow does. not. budge. when I use this product! It doesn't crease, even after a long day in the heat. It also makes the colour more vibrant and sit smoothly on the lid.

The packaging is nice: it's a wand tip applicator, much like a lip gloss applicator. It is easy to apply to the lids, although if you are worried about germs, then this might not be your favourite. If you get an eye infection for whatever reason, I would definitely replace the product! What I really love about the applicator is that it deposits just the right amount of product. You can swipe it over your lid and just the right amount of product is left, so there's little need to rub off the excess.

Overall I really like this primer. I'll definitely be repurchasing: both for the quality and the amazing price!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

it is very interesting... To hear everyone talking about if you have oily lids these will not worK on oily lids oily eyelids this sucks but honestly I actually have really oily eyelids and I have never had a problem with elf, with Milani, with hard candy which is one of my favorites I believe hard candy is actually a dupe of Too-faced eye primer, I am totally obsessing over the eye primer for The balm cosmetics, I am NOT a big Urban Decay fan I think too faced is much better it's about how you apply it I believe for my experience and being a makeup artist I need to get back into it I miss it but anyways I believe that you need to dab The eye primer on your lids and slowly move it around up to your eyebrow bone and even on your eyebrows and underneath your eye for eyeliner or whatnot you need to. It that will make it stay longer instead of wiping it with your finger that's a trick you guys should try it I believe it works don't use your finger to wipe it on your eyelids take a little bit and slowly dab It on your eyelids with ur ring finger!also I believe that the Wet n Wild by Fergie is a dupe of urban decay that's my opinion but everyone has their own opinion the reason why I say because I think Urban Decay is very thick and it dries super fast just like the Wet n Wild by Fergie and I don't like that because you don't have enough time to really do much of your eye primer because it dries so quickly and that's a big turn off for me when it comes to make up drying so quickly especially the eye primer and I think the Wet n Wild by Fergie is better than Urban Decay but they both drive fairly quickly and they're both have a thicker consistency and I'm not really into it but I believe that wet n Wild is actually better than urban decay and so much cheaper! Who buys expensive makeup when you can get the same exact makeup do you know that a lot of companies I know one use the same warehouse to use the same exact ingredients is just the name brand that you're buying just like clothes. One of them a lot of you guys probably don't know is that Mac so expensive I think it's over rated to be honest as a makeup artist anyways Mac is actually the same warehouse and company and same makers as the wonderful Victoria Secret makeup Victoria Secret makeup is amazing if any of you guys have tried it you should if you haven't because it is actually the same makers and much cheaper!and I'm not really into urban decay I think it's actually quite a rip off and I believe that the wet and wild by Fergie is much much much better than urban decay. But of course everyone has their own opinion there are lots of Them out there and that is definitely one of them anyways I think Milani eye primer is also very similar to too faced Eye primer as well!
but try the tip that I gave you to putting on a primer especially the ones with oily lids I know because I have oily lids... I'm half Asian and half Asians or Full asians have very oily eyelids...thats just how it is for us but if I can pull off the other ones that you guys say you can't then I think you're putting on your primer on wrong but that's just my opinion :) if you need any good tips send a message my way! But I do recommend trying that Eye primer tip I did send you it's going to work trust me dab It with your ring finger. don't wipe it because your makeUp is's not going to stay on that way and once you do follow that tip I just sent you... YOU Rgoing to thank me! Can't wait to hear from you guys to see if it actually works for you :-)