E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 7/4/2015 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this for a few months at least.

Pros:
- No artificial scent.
- Cheap.
- Only a little is needed.
- Does keep eyeshadow from fading.

Cons:
- Not much product in tube.
- Drys out (faulty packaging, not airtight?)

I got this with the Disney Cruella and Ursula palettes that I just had to buy because of the artwork. I wasn't super impressed with the eyeshadows but the primer actually became my go-to for everyday. Disclaimer: I'm not somebody who has a lot of trouble keeping eyeshadow on, but that might be because I mainly only ever use LORAC (call me a snob, but I just can't be arsed to mess around with poor quality eyeshadow. My eyes get red and water easily so I try to subject them to as little poking, tugging, and prodding as possible.) I do experience a little fading at the end of the day and this works great to prevent that.

I also like that it has a little pigment in it, although I feel sorry for the darker skinned users who probably don't appreciate the bright cream color it comes in. Having super whitey-white Asian skin, it saves me time so that I don't have to put as much or any concealer on my lids. I like the doe-foot applicator too, it always has the right amount on it because you only really need a tiny bit.

Downsides: Of the two tubes I got, one is completely congealed. I guess it wasn't airtight because the cap was screwed all the way on. I can't really complain for $2(?) but that's something to be aware of if you really like it -- buy two and avoid disaster!

on 7/2/2015 9:07:00 AM

I'm giving this product a high rating because it's dirt cheap and works wonderfully (as good as the Urban Decay eye primer).

HOWEVER, I have to agree with Dollief's review below, it is dry and it feels like there's no product in the tube. This is the reason I would never repurchase.

I am currently using e.l.f. Cosmetic's Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and it's much better! It's more opaque than either the Urban Decay or the e.l.f.'s Essential Eyelid Primer without being cakey and it lasts all day. Also when I use it I don't feel like I have to scrape the bottom of the tube to get some product (like the Essential Eyelid Primer).

Love this.

on 6/27/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This product cost me 1 euro so it was super cheap. However my eyeshadow creased 4 hours into my day. I don't have particularly oily skin either. I don't recommend this.

on 6/26/2015 3:15:00 AM

This Primer is amazing! its cheap price is a plus! I have been using this for the past 3 weeks daily, this really holds the eyeshadow longer without creasing. I have a hooded eyelid, which makes my eyeshadow creased, without using eyelid primer, I can see those eyeshadow build up like cake on my lid maybe after 4 to 5 hours? and the eyeliner also smudge..
But after using this primer my creasing problem ends! a little of this goes a long way.. it holds up the whole day :) I use to apply my eyeshadow at 9:00AM and its still intact until 9:00PM after work..my eyes were still fresh..no touch up!
Yeah, its not quite good like urban decay eye primer that says it can pick up more product than Elf Primer, but Girls, I promise this is a must try.. :)

on 6/24/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This primer works great for oil lids. I can't wear eye shadow without primer and I use this primer every time I wear eye shadow. It lasts from morning til night with only minimal creasing towards the end of the night. If I swipe a little shadow on halfway through the day there is no creasing. For only a dollar it is definitely worth it.

on 6/21/2015 10:59:00 AM

Brilliant product especially considering the price.

on 5/10/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This works very well on my extremely oily eyelids., and is very cheap...but the tube seems to hardly have any product in it, and the stores are always out of it.

on 5/7/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Very good, makes short-lasting eye shadows last through the day with very little creasing.

on 5/5/2015 10:52:00 PM

I can't afford to buy Urban Decay's eye primer or Too Faced's eye primer, so I use ELF eyelid primer instead. ELF eyelid primer is cheap, and works okay. I have no problem using this eye primer. I will DEF repurchase this product again!

on 4/24/2015 7:28:00 PM

This is just plain wonderful. My eyelids are a little darker than the rest of my skin. After I put this on, the darkness is gone and my eyeshadow goes on beautifully and a more truer color than without the primer. I usually have two or three around at all times just in case I run out. Yup, its that good! I was using the Loreal primer, but this is just as good, if not better and for MUCH less.