September 1, 2014 | 1616 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Peachedpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

As a first impression, I have to say I love this. This is my first eye primer and as a broke teen I don't have a whole lot of money to buy makeup willy-nilly. The primer comes out a light beige color but blends out to be very sheer, almost undetectable, as the name implies. It holds my eyeshadow well, from wet n wild to Clinique to E.L.F. Overall, this is a decent product but what makes this a steal is the $1 price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Heyitssneha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this :/ when I wear the primer with eyeshadow it looks great but on the parts of my skin that have primer on them but no eyeshadow will get really peely and leave residue that's very noticeable on my skin. I wore it by itself today (no eyeshadow at all) and it just peeled a lot and was not very appealing :/ but it does work well when with eyeshadow! Just try not to get it on skin that won't have eyeshadow on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by etain_anders

I have very oily lids, and on it's own this primer makes little to no difference in terms of how quickly my eyeshadow will crease (about an hour tops). BUT--if I apply this primer, wait a few seconds (basically long enough to open my mineral makeup foundation jar and find a brush), then press my mineral foundation onto my eyelids while the primer is still a little tacky, the two bond together and form a seal that keeps the oil from breaking through for at least FIFTEEN HOURS.

Seriously, I just stopped typing to go to the bathroom and check my eyeshadow. I put it on, after the primer and foundation, at 9:30-ish this morning, and it's now 11:28 pm. Granted this shadow is particularly long-lasting (the elf highlighter in fact), but even still, this is incredible. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by eileeniebean

It works pretty alright to help prevent creasing and makes your eyeshadow pop more. I still find myself creasing at the end of the day, but much much less than if I went without primer. The packaging is flimsy though. The bottom of the lid, for some reason, has cracked all around. It doesn't seem to make a difference to the product though. Overall, this is a great primer for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an OK product for me, nothing to write home about and I will not be repurchasing. I am NC15 with warm undertones and the color of this looks too peachy at first but thankfully blends in on application. It's very siliconey feeling, which I don't love, and thin so you don't have to use much. Cream eyeshadows apply a little patchy on top of this, and it definitely doesn't make the shadow color pop. It does help to prevent my shadows from creasing and my mascara and liner from smudging and smearing - that's why it got 3 lippies. The biggest selling point is the price, which is totally reasonable. If that's what's most important to you, go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

For the price you can NOT go wrong with this primer, for everyday use it's brilliant it does exactly what it sets out to do, probably wouldn't recommend for clubbing etc as it probably wouldn't hold up as say Urban Decay Primer Potion but it's still amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Caitlin99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This eye primer is great wasn't expensive and really helps your eyeshadow stay!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by angelajj74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just started using primer and this is absolutely wonderful! The difference using this primer with my eyeshadows is amazing ! I'm super excited and have found yet ANOTHER reason to love E.L.F products. :) Eyeshadow is much more dramatic and literally lasted all the live long day YES!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Soccer468

This was my first eyelid primer and it was horrible. It dried out my eyelids so I probley will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by tellyhigh

It is cheap and works! Enough said :)