About me: NW13 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.
I truely enjoy cream stick foundations. I wore Benefit's for years (Jax). However, this is a dry yellow mess (584). Difficult to blend, and poor color match. Looked heavy when I was able to wear it. : ( After lemming for so long, I had expected better.
I am NC25 and the shade 764 is great match. It is creamy yet it does not leave that heavy mask like feel on the skin. It is medium to full semi-matte coverage that still give such a flattering natural glow. I see that it works best when I use just my hands to spread it all over my face. Can be used as a concealer just apply more on the areas needed. Really easy to blend. Packaging is light plastic though, breaks easy.
This is a creamy, med-full coverage foundation. I use it mainly as concealer around my eyes and nose; not so much for full on foundation unless I have a special event.
I wear 774, I'm about NC20 in MAC.
- Amazing glide
- Doesn't crease under my eyes or settle into pores.
- Multi tasking product: sheer out with a damp sponge, or whack it on with a dense brush for fuller coverage. So really good for travel
- VERY VERY good colours for asian skintones. I have such yellow undertones that most foundations turn out peachy or orange on me. And this matches my skintone so well, I never thought that was possible.
- Doesn't have cyclops, mineral oil, alcohol in it. So won't be a problem for most people, skin wise.
- Doesn't emphasise flakes, relative to other foundations.
- The twist up mechanism gets wobbly and doesn't twist up smoothly if it gets banged around alot.
- Clogs my pores if I use it a few days in a row all over. But I think that's because it's really creamy and I live in a very hot and humid place where you sweat the moment you leave the house.
- Oil does break through after 6 hours or so, and I don't have particularly oily skin.
Bottomline: This is a good product to have around, very versatile and multi-purpose. I use this all the time when I travel and can't be bothered to bring my bulkier concealers.
I'm reviewing this as an undereye concealer. I was on the search for a long wear under-eye concealer and had the most difficult time finding one that matched my yellow undertones. Although not marketed as long-wear, this concealer is doing a fine job for me. It's yellow enough for both my undertones and my dark circles and it's lasting power is good for such a creamy product. I get the best finish using my fingers. It's very pricey but I foresee it lasting me a long time.
I use this as a concealer over Tarte's tinted moisturizer and the effect is amazing! #754 is a great match for my NC30-35 Asian skin, and the cream formula of the foundation dries down to a satin finish on my normal to dry skin and never causes flakiness. I dot the foundation directly over broken capillaries, blemishes, and dark under eye circles, blend with my fingers, and my face looks naturally flawless. Even without powder, the foundation wears from morning til night for me, but those with oilier skin may want to use a powder. Considering how well it works as a concealer, I'd say that Nobara offers medium to full coverage for those looking to use it as a foundation. For my needs, the price and online-only availability of the product are justified by the fact that one stick will last for several years as a concealer.
Flawless formula for my combo complexion (oily T and dry cheeks) light tan, asian NC30/C4 complexion. I apply this in light stripes on the side of my face, chin, and the bridge of my nose and contrast with thin stripes from my lighter shade Shiseido foundation stick (060) around my mouth and on tops of my cheeks. I blend all together using the Tom Ford Cream foundation brush. It is a really perfect satin finish medium coverage; great for the office and nice evenings out. Set with Nars loose powder and I am shine free for almost 6 hours (a record for my t-zone). It is my current HG foundation routine!
I've been using this foundation for a few weeks now and I have to say I'm really, really pleased with it. I bought it on the basis of this review: http://bit.ly/GFHvd0
On a personal note, the colour match is absolutely perfect for me (I wear 584) - which is unusual due to my cool-toned fair skin and dark hair. Sales assistants usually seem to assume that because my hair is brown my skin must be warm and I have often ended up with foundation samples that make me look slightly jaundiced.
* The formula contains synthetic beeswax which makes it both vegan and very softening on the skin.
* It's not oily at all.
* It blends extremely easily and the coverage is very simple to adjust. I use the Illamasqua highlighter brush in little circles to do both, but you can just as easily use your hands.
* It stays on all day - and I mean all day: I've worn it from 6:30am to 9pm. By 6pm-ish it had disappeared a little on my nose where my skin is slightly oilier, but a quick two-second blot and finger-touch-up is enough to fix that.
* It seems to help control oil a little bit.
* It makes my skin look even without looking caked or unnaturally flat-coloured.
* It's matte enough to wear without powder.
* It hasn't broken me out.
* It's small and compact so it's not a pain in the ass to carry around with you - but as I discovered early on, you won't need to anyway because it barely needs touching up.
* The twist mechanism is loose, unlike the one in the Benefit Play sticks, so if you don't hold it tightly when you apply to your face, it might twist back in with your hand movements. Oopsie!
* It's really ridiculously expensive. This bad boy cost me £31 - and yes, I did feel terrible for days.
* There are very few Shu Uemura stockists in the UK so getting a colour match will be tricky for you unless you're prepared to travel. (There are NONE in Wales!)
This is my favourite foundation ever - and trust me, I've tried a lot. I will forever repurchase.
So far, I have been using this product for about a year even after dropping it on my bathroom floor. Of course the flimsy plastic tube broke inside and it has remained retracted and will not extend, so I stick my Ecotools foundation brush into the tube and then I apply the foundation with a light hand and it appears sheer but seems to cover the blemishes and scars nicely and smoothly.I can hardly wait to finish it so I can buy a new one that works. I've learned to be ultra gentle with the fragile and cheap packaging.
Using the Shu Uemura UV primer mousse base with the Nobara foundation stick is an unbeatable pair for me. It feels weightless and provides excellent coverage all day with only an occasional touch up with pressed powder to keep the T-zone from looking greasy. I like the hint of fragrance so it won't clash with your signature scent. Decent product. Bad package design.
- coverage is great. not thick but my sun spots are concealed 4/5
- durability 4/5
- love the packaging, lipstick-like tube make it easier to apply and to keep 5/5
- no spf means flash light friendly
- does not accentuates pores
- love the creamy stick texture. just apply to skin straight from the tube and smother with damp alcone sponge or beauty blender
I really like the texture of this foundation. Very smooth and easily glides on. Very convenient and handy, great for traveling. Despite wearing for 8 hours, my face does not get oily. Its great for covering severe acne scars (mine is severe due to sensitive, acne-prone and oily skin).
The only grip I have is the color. Its a bit too yellow if put on too thickly, which I do sometimes. I think the SA purposely chosen this color due to my skin redness and scars =(. Once my skin gets better, I will get another lighter color! ^^