October 23, 2014 | 1585 users online

Stick - Shu Uemura - Nobara cream cover stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Mooo00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of Shu Uemura products and I extremely like the aesthetics of the label and the adaptability to my skin tone. I used to use this product to cover spots when I had acne, and it was an excellent coverage. Extremely thick when you build it up. For me, it does what it says. But I don't like thick coverage for my face so I only used it as a strong concealer not a full-face product. I get oily in the summer and it sort of melts a bit so a tad of powder tends to set it. I found the packing very attractive but I had three sticks and all the lids broke :( maybe it's just me :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by wenqing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's a stick foundation but i use it as a spot concealer before my powder foundations. and it's even better than cle de peau concealer for my dry skin. very creamy, non-drying, glides easily, lightweight and has medium to full coverage. i can't see it on my skin. some really good yellow toned colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I truely enjoy cream stick foundations. I wore Benefit's for years (Jax). However, this is a dry yellow mess (584). Difficult to blend, and poor color match. Looked heavy when I was able to wear it. : ( After lemming for so long, I had expected better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jacrodriguez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC25 and the shade 764 is great match. It is creamy yet it does not leave that heavy mask like feel on the skin. It is medium to full semi-matte coverage that still give such a flattering natural glow. I see that it works best when I use just my hands to spread it all over my face. Can be used as a concealer just apply more on the areas needed. Really easy to blend. Packaging is light plastic though, breaks easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

This is a creamy, med-full coverage foundation. I use it mainly as concealer around my eyes and nose; not so much for full on foundation unless I have a special event.

I wear 774, I'm about NC20 in MAC.

Pros:
- Amazing glide
- Doesn't crease under my eyes or settle into pores.
- Multi tasking product: sheer out with a damp sponge, or whack it on with a dense brush for fuller coverage. So really good for travel
- VERY VERY good colours for asian skintones. I have such yellow undertones that most foundations turn out peachy or orange on me. And this matches my skintone so well, I never thought that was possible.
- Doesn't have cyclops, mineral oil, alcohol in it. So won't be a problem for most people, skin wise.
- Doesn't emphasise flakes, relative to other foundations.

Cons:
- The twist up mechanism gets wobbly and doesn't twist up smoothly if it gets banged around alot.
- Clogs my pores if I use it a few days in a row all over. But I think that's because it's really creamy and I live in a very hot and humid place where you sweat the moment you leave the house.
- Oil does break through after 6 hours or so, and I don't have particularly oily skin.

Bottomline: This is a good product to have around, very versatile and multi-purpose. I use this all the time when I travel and can't be bothered to bring my bulkier concealers.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by shumster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm reviewing this as an undereye concealer. I was on the search for a long wear under-eye concealer and had the most difficult time finding one that matched my yellow undertones. Although not marketed as long-wear, this concealer is doing a fine job for me. It's yellow enough for both my undertones and my dark circles and it's lasting power is good for such a creamy product. I get the best finish using my fingers. It's very pricey but I foresee it lasting me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I use this as a concealer over Tarte's tinted moisturizer and the effect is amazing! #754 is a great match for my NC30-35 Asian skin, and the cream formula of the foundation dries down to a satin finish on my normal to dry skin and never causes flakiness. I dot the foundation directly over broken capillaries, blemishes, and dark under eye circles, blend with my fingers, and my face looks naturally flawless. Even without powder, the foundation wears from morning til night for me, but those with oilier skin may want to use a powder. Considering how well it works as a concealer, I'd say that Nobara offers medium to full coverage for those looking to use it as a foundation. For my needs, the price and online-only availability of the product are justified by the fact that one stick will last for several years as a concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Flawless formula for my combo complexion (oily T and dry cheeks) light tan, asian NC30/C4 complexion. I apply this in light stripes on the side of my face, chin, and the bridge of my nose and contrast with thin stripes from my lighter shade Shiseido foundation stick (060) around my mouth and on tops of my cheeks. I blend all together using the Tom Ford Cream foundation brush. It is a really perfect satin finish medium coverage; great for the office and nice evenings out. Set with Nars loose powder and I am shine free for almost 6 hours (a record for my t-zone). It is my current HG foundation routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by cerieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation for a few weeks now and I have to say I'm really, really pleased with it. I bought it on the basis of this review: http://bit.ly/GFHvd0

On a personal note, the colour match is absolutely perfect for me (I wear 584) - which is unusual due to my cool-toned fair skin and dark hair. Sales assistants usually seem to assume that because my hair is brown my skin must be warm and I have often ended up with foundation samples that make me look slightly jaundiced.

PROS
* The formula contains synthetic beeswax which makes it both vegan and very softening on the skin.
* It's not oily at all.
* It blends extremely easily and the coverage is very simple to adjust. I use the Illamasqua highlighter brush in little circles to do both, but you can just as easily use your hands.
* It stays on all day - and I mean all day: I've worn it from 6:30am to 9pm. By 6pm-ish it had disappeared a little on my nose where my skin is slightly oilier, but a quick two-second blot and finger-touch-up is enough to fix that.
* It seems to help control oil a little bit.
* It makes my skin look even without looking caked or unnaturally flat-coloured.
* It's matte enough to wear without powder.
* It hasn't broken me out.
* It's small and compact so it's not a pain in the ass to carry around with you - but as I discovered early on, you won't need to anyway because it barely needs touching up.

CONS
* The twist mechanism is loose, unlike the one in the Benefit Play sticks, so if you don't hold it tightly when you apply to your face, it might twist back in with your hand movements. Oopsie!
* It's really ridiculously expensive. This bad boy cost me £31 - and yes, I did feel terrible for days.
* There are very few Shu Uemura stockists in the UK so getting a colour match will be tricky for you unless you're prepared to travel. (There are NONE in Wales!)

This is my favourite foundation ever - and trust me, I've tried a lot. I will forever repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Satinslipper

So far, I have been using this product for about a year even after dropping it on my bathroom floor. Of course the flimsy plastic tube broke inside and it has remained retracted and will not extend, so I stick my Ecotools foundation brush into the tube and then I apply the foundation with a light hand and it appears sheer but seems to cover the blemishes and scars nicely and smoothly.I can hardly wait to finish it so I can buy a new one that works. I've learned to be ultra gentle with the fragile and cheap packaging.

Using the Shu Uemura UV primer mousse base with the Nobara foundation stick is an unbeatable pair for me. It feels weightless and provides excellent coverage all day with only an occasional touch up with pressed powder to keep the T-zone from looking greasy. I like the hint of fragrance so it won't clash with your signature scent. Decent product. Bad package design.