VI Peel

3.8

on 4/17/2015 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I had a VI peel at a medspa. I followed the provider's post instructions perfectly. I did not peel at all. I contacted the medspa and was told that some people don't peel. It is very rare, however. I was and still am very unhappy. I did not even experience tightness. Waste of money for me. Perhaps more positive experience for others, but waste of time, gas, and money.

on 4/8/2015 1:49:00 AM

I got my VI Peel online at www.skincareandpeels.com . I love my results so much! This is an amazing Peel and I recommend it to everyone. It was so easy to do and only $160 . I previously spent $400 on one at a spa. Never will do that again.

on 3/25/2015 5:36:00 PM

I was lucky enough to get this peel for free when I worked for a derm years ago, and it made my (at the time, almost perfect but blackhead and whitehead-ridden skin) absolutely flawless! It burns, but not as bad as a Jessner's peel and I onky peeled on day three for two and a half days. Once the peeling was finished, what was revealed was clear, smooth, poreless baby skin! I have had bad results with other peels, but I would do this again in a heartbeat!

I'd done 3 times of the regular VI peel last year. This year, I moved on to the VI Precision Peel, which is 25% stronger. Do note that VI Precision is NOT the same as VI Precision Plus.

I'm documenting down my fifth peel, with before and after photos. I hope this can help give you an idea on what to expect and help you understand the timeline of events so that you can plan your days better.

Check out my day-by-day account of VI Precision Peel at: http://bit.ly/vipeel

on 7/11/2014 10:04:00 PM

This review is for the regular VI peel. I have not had the precision plus VI peel (much stronger) or the VI peel for acne (also stronger). The stronger peels would be too much for my sensitive skin. I believe the stronger peels may have been used in some of the poor reviews on this site, but I cannot be sure. If you have sensitive skin, opt for the original VI peel, you won't be disappointed!!

I had this peel for the first time in May at a board certified plastic surgeons office, by a talented licensed esthetician over the long Memorial day weekend. I had it done on a Friday afternoon, and was back to work on Tuesday. I had this done as I have been struggling with adult acne and wanted better skin tone and clarity. I love this peel, It really helped to clear my skin, took care of some dark spots, and made my pores appear smaller.
The skin starts to really peel on days 3-4 and is mostly done on day 5. I had some itching/ burning, but using the creams that come in the post peel packet really helps. I also took some ibuprofen to help any inflammation that may come up. I went back to my regular skin care regimen 10 days post peel, including skinceuticals and some IS clinical products.

I am on day 3 of my second peel right now, done at the same office. This time I had it done on a Tuesday afternoon, and worked on Wednesday (no peeling on day 2 really). I have off and do not return to work until Monday.

This time, I had a bit more of a prickly itchiness on the first and second nights. Benadryl and the cream that came in the packet really helped with this.

DO NOT PICK or rub the peeling skin at all! Hands off of your face! When you wash it, use clean hands, gentle cleanser, and pat dry. Do not use any of your normal facial products for 10 days post peel. Sunscreen all the time during the day, even if you will not be outside much. I plan to do a total of 4 of these peels this year, and then do 2 next year. I have some acne scars I am working to get rid of. The first peel really diminished them nicely, faded some sun/ age spots, made my pores smaller, and cleared up the acne I had.

I have sensitive skin, very light, and some freckles. I have not had any issues with this peel, other than the bit of itching and burning that should be somewhat expected. Once again, I am so happy to have the opportunity to do this!

on 6/26/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this peel so much I can't even tell you. My skin looks amazing in every way thanks to it. I get compliments everyday.
I bought it (after getting it done once and seeing how simple and easy it is) at
It's available at

http: //www. usfreeads. com/_health-and-fitness/skin-care/vi-peel-precision-peel-kit-for-sale-buy-now_3335201-

It was half the cost and so easy (comes with directions). It was great to be able to do it on myself at my home on my schedule and they are super fast answering any emails if you have any questions

on 4/1/2014 12:16:00 PM

DIsaster!

I recieved the VI Peel for Acne. I also have some hyperpigmentation and some very early fine lines on my forehead.

Not only did the peel do NOTHING for my fine lines/hyperpigmentation, it made my skin break out horribly. I usually suffer from very mild acne (in fact, my skin was completely clear when I got the chemical peel) and afterward I had an entire face (and NECK) of acne.

Getting the peel was easy, however. It burns for only a minute and then the skin fully peeled off within a few days as promised. However, I basically paid $300 to look really terrible for a few weeks and get additional acne scarring and there has been NO IMPROVEMENT in my skin whatsoever.

Really disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loooooove the VI Peel! My skin looks amazing. I now do it myself(so easy) and buy it online at this link opensky.com/member/doctorofskin

on 12/4/2013 1:16:00 PM

Got the vi peel last week. Had the peel applied Wednesday afternoon, went to dinner Thursday with a bit of a bronzed look and skin was a little tight but not too uncomfortable, then started peeling Friday through Monday. I would say the worst peeling was Saturday and Sunday, but by Monday was looking much better.

Overall I am so glad I did the peel. I am half asian half spanish and am a 3 on the Fitzpatrick scale so have sensitive, naturally tannish skin, and was extremely nervous it would further aggravate the hyper-pigmentation and orange-peel texture from a botched laser debaucle six months ago. The esthetician assured me it'd be fine for my skin, and she was right. After the peel the texture of my skin seems to be going back to what it had been before the laser, and the hyperpigmentation has gotten better (my face and neck still dont match but instead of being 5-6 shades darker than my neck, it's more like 2-3 darker now which is progress).

Before this I should mention that I tried a number of things to reverse the laser damage: obagi nu derm, vitamin C masks, retin-A, psoria gold, facials, scrubs, nothing to let skin heal - but nothing really worked. My skin still looked like it had a permanent windburn with goggles, and the actual skin turned darker, dull, and dead-looking like a tan rubber eraser at the end of pencil. My original skin texture had always been smooth, but after this Fraxel episode it had taken on an orange peel/golf ball texture with visibly rough surface -- so bizarre and distressing! And no matter what topical stuff I put on, it didn't seem to help; i think the top layers of my skin were literally dead and wouldn't absorb anything since it was essentially one large dark-ish scab stretched across my face. Really, really terrible.

Anyway, and obviously, I've been nervous ever since to do anything else remotely invasive, but the esthecian was great and told me it's safe for my skin type, and that it's even ok to do once every four weeks (which seems aggressive bc it does take off a few layers of skin), but I'm definitely going to do it again in 3 months to continue to try to reverse the orange peel texture, enlarged pores, and hyperpigmentation damage of the fraxel. The acne scars I had are still there too and look pretty much the same, but that wasn't my goal anyway -- I was trying to improve the texture, which it really did. Can't wait to do the next one!

I got a pretty good deal but normally the peel at the medi spa costs $350. I would pay that now knowing how much it helped the texture of my skin.

Hope it helps and good luck!

on 7/5/2013 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My first peel was a VI. I loved the results. I since have tried all of the Skin Medica peels. Even with the strongest peel Skin Medica offered I never got as good of results that I did with the VI. It was fast, not too expensive and the results are pretty good.
Pros.....results, down time
Cons.....you feel a bit yucky the first day. I got a mild headache

Popular Treatments (Face)