December 18, 2014 | 877 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Alicia Silverstone 5-piece Brush Set

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

okay soooo I don't know what the hype is mayb I will use my brush again, but I don't like my brushes. they are wayyyy to soft or am I just to rough. the price is great, sturdy, packaging Is great but they're so soft I cant blend well or pick up to much product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes! I echo what other reviewers have written about their high quality, softness, and durability. My favorite is the eyeshadow brush. It's hands down my favorite eyeshadow brush for densely and quickly packing eyeshadow on my lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

These brushes are simply amazing... I cant even tell you!! I am kind of a brush junkie, I have spent $57 on a brush, and I have spent $0.99 on a brush... To be perfectly honest, this set cost me about $15 at Target- and I ended up getting two sets... one for my collection at home, and another for my makeup bag that is always on the go with me. The set I got, came with all the basics- a dual lash/brow comb, a basic shadow brush, a curved shadow brush, a liner brush (which i also use for smudging when doing a smokey eye), a countouring brush, foundation brush, concealer/lip brush (however you choose to use it), and a blush and bronzer brush. The set is absolutley solid, and it comes with all the basics that you need. The ecotools set is just as nice as some of my higher end brushes. The bristles are very soft and easy to wash, they dont ever shed, the end of the brush is attached well to the wooden handle- and I have never had an issue with any of these brushes falling apart (unlike a few others that I own). This set has been highly rated by Allure and several other beauty magazines- for being the best bang for your buck. Not to meantion- the set is all eco-friendly. The handles are made of recycled wood, the bristles are synthetic and not made with animal hair like some of the others. Usually you spend more money an eco-organic set of brushes, but these are within reach of everyones budget. I cant even tell you how wonderful this set is. Had I found these BEFORE spending lots and lots of money on expensive, high end brushes... I would have stopped looking right then and there because of how great these brushes are, and how well they work for me. The one and only downfall is that they ONLY have the basics for brushes. They dont have a kubuki brush, a brush spicifically for lips, no tiny smudging brush- they only have the bare minimum basics. BUT, with the set, its pretty easy to make-do and multi task with each of the brushes. You honestly can not go wrong with this set!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by milomatisse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this for my gym bag, after reading all the great reviews here. Yes, yes, YES!! The foundation and blush brushes are every bit as good as my Chanel versions and in fact, shed less... The brow brush is shaped like a mascara wand brush which I prefer to the usual comb affair. A lovely bag with plenty of room for makeup while keeping the brushes safe on the separate compartment side. Definite repurchase...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The set i found on clearence at Ulta isnt exactly the same. Mine has a blush brush, mini foundation brush, mini face brush, detailed eye/shading brush and was regularly $15. I got it half off and its an awesome deal. No shedding, soft bristles, sturdy. My only complaint is the mini face brush. I like the shape and bristles but find that its too small for blush and too big for eyeshadow.
The bag is gorgeous. Theres a compartment for the brushes on the side of a decent sized makeup bag. Can definetely fit essentials in it and toss it in purse. To make it even better, the bag is off white with varying shades of blue flowers as well as the inside lined with robins egg blue. I know that may not be important to some people, but i appreciate beautiful things.
Best 7 bucks ive spent.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by xxmakeuplover123xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for some portable, inexpensive brushes, and these definitely do the trick! My favorites are the grooming brush and the largest brush - I was disappointed that there was no angled eyeliner brush, so I would have to bring my own. The packaging is super cute, and it's handy that your brushes can attach to your case.

I wouldn't buy this again, because hopefully I won't have to - I don't use them very often, because I use them only for travel. Overall, I would buy if you're looking for cheap and portable, but not for super high quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a great stippling brush and I found it at a fourth of the price many others were asking for! It's soft and gives an excellent, flawless finish. The eye brush is also great, along with the groomer brush. The kit I bought only came with the brow, stippling, and eye brush all inside a brush cup. And at $11? It's a deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by jesusfrkxpanda

This review is solely for the duo-fiber stippling brush.

I tried applying a liquid foundation with this brush today. It gave me a flawless, yet light finish. I loooved it! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I was super excited to get this. I had been lemming over a few different brush sets and ultimately chose to buy this one because I had purchased the Ecotools Bronzer Brush which I ADORE and hoped I would adore these too. They're made very well, however I found the powder brush and blush brush in this set to be much too small. The bristles were NOT compact enough for my taste. It affects the application. I would suggest investing in the full- sized individually sold brushes. You will find that those blend much better. These may be okay for touch ups when traveling or throughout the day, but I can't use these for my full-blown morning makeup ritual. The bag they come in is a very good size. It will fit a lot of makeup but the color is liable to get dirty. I hate dirty looking makeup bags! Ick! So I don't carry it in my purse, but I use it for extras of things at home. I'm not at all unhappy with this set/bag, I'm simply not head over heels in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by KarenRoberts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

quality , fair price, beautiful makeup application, environmentally friendly, nice packaging, doesn't shed, soft as feathers, what more can I ask for? I used to use fine sephora brands from France brushes but these work just as well without harming animals. Great for wet or powder makeup. Application is effortless and smooth as silk.