July 25, 2014 | 1025 users online

Moisturizers - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Red Elements Daily Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this sample-sized moisturizer as part of Jason Red Elements travel set, and I've been using it every now and then, when I can remember. To call it a moisturizer is quite exaggerated. I don't think it provides even the slightest bit of moisture for my combo skin that's not even particularly dry. It just feels like a thin mask on my skin.

My biggest problem, though, is with the sunscreen part. First of all, all the active sunscreen agents are chemical... so much for being all natural ;) I don't have a problem with chemical sunscreen ingredients: even though my skin is sensitive, it can handle chemical sunscreen pretty well. Physical sunblock tends to feel too heavy on my skin anyway. While the UVB protection is covered, the moisturizer doesn't contain decent UVA protection at all! So why bother? Basically, there's not much for me to like about this product besides it being fragrance-free.

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6.7 %, Octisalate 2.7 %, Oxybenzone 4.5 %

Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Aspalathus Linearis (Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Polylysine, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Panthenol (Vit. B), Glyceryl Laurate, Cetearth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Bezyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

*Certified Organic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin and have been looking for a daily moisturizer that I can wear under my makeup that won't make my face look greasy, and WOW does this product deliver! It soaks into your skin quickly after applying, making it easy to follow with primer and/or makeup. I LOVE the way it smells and the packaging is perfect (glass container with a pump dispenser). I've noticed a major difference under my eyes where my concealer would normally crease - now it looks smooth and supple.
I wouldn't recommend this product to someone with dry skin looking for intense moisture, but if you're like me and have trouble finding a moisturizer for combo-oily skin that doesn't make your face look greasy, then look no further! <3