Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow-Tranquil Sands

Price: $

on 8/26/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Low pigment with too too much sparkle. Just too sheer and dry of a texture for my liking. There's not really much else to say about this, other than the price. I paid about two bucks and some pennies for it.

For a nice, simple, glowy wash of color on the lids, NYX's eyeshadow single in Sahara is my drugstore HG. It far surpasses this in quality, and is only a buck more. I'm slowly trying (trying!) to steer clear of purchasing anymore from brands that shamelessly continue to test on animals, which Maybelline has been practicing since, well, the beginning of time. NYX, however, is cruelty-free, so my money will be going to them from now on.

on 8/6/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this shadow. I use it as a highlight or just alone on the entire lid. It meshes well with pretty much any other color. It's crease-proof too, so that's a bonus.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great all over eye color, not too glittery but has a good amount of shimmer. Works well paired with taupe

on 10/22/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

love this product. great for everyday wear. just the right amount of shimmer and not glittery at all. i use it alone and with crease color. really makes the color of my eyes pop!

on 8/25/2010 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I use this every single day, and have it in my makeup bag. It's perfect for a lid, highlight and base color.

on 7/11/2010 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty nice shadow. It's a pretty basic light champagne with shimmer, there's really nothing too special about it. However it's a nice basic and looks really good alone for a subtle look. I think it cost me about $2.97 at Target so it's a great deal.

on 12/10/2009 6:05:00 PM

This is the perfect hilighting eyeshadow! It is a nice light beige/cream colour, with just the right amount of shimmer. So simple, yet so great. It really is the most bang for your buck. I recommend it to any makeup lover on a budget. :)

on 12/1/2009 7:15:00 PM

Very pleased with this product.Nice texture,didn't crease.Pretty & simple color~

on 11/13/2009 1:40:00 AM

Silken Taupe, Maybelline's famous taupe shadow, which is supposed to work on everyone, didn't work on me--too dark and too much gray. It didn't make my brown eyes stand out and accented my dark circles. This, though, is a pretty light golden-beige sand color with pearl--really helps brighten my eyes and brings out the gold in them.