April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Pink Sugar Sensual

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I love this fragrance. It's very sensual as the name says and has a deep vanilla base. Vanilla, sugar, bergamont, citrus, and sandalwood really round this out to be a great fragrance that I find wearable anytime.

I note the vanilla and sandalwood mostly with just a touch of citrus and sugar. I think this is a perfect follow-up to Pink Sugar, which is too sweet for me. This and Gold Sugar are unbelievable.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by schristi2800

I thought this would be a much sensual scent of the original. It does smell the same but a little lighter with a hint of citrus, not really a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I like the original Pink Sugar and thought this would be a sexified version of it. Don't get me wrong, this is a great perfume, but I was hoping for something sexier. If you want to smell girly and tasty like Pink Sugar but a more sensual, try Victoria's Secret Noir Tease instead of Pink Sugar Sensual.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by island21goddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this perfume today at Costco... I was so torn between this one (Pink Sugar Sensual) and the original Pink Sugar. I have owned the original Pink Sugar before and really enjoyed the scent. My ex never really noticed or complimented my perfumes before but I have a distinct memory of him telling me how amazing I smelled when wearing Pink Sugar. But as for Pink Sugar Sensual I have never owned or even smelled it before. I decided to google some reviews while shopping today and then I took the plunge and bought it without having smelled it. I'm so glad I did! It smells sweet, but not the same sweetness as the original Pink Sugar which sort of has that burnt sugar/cotton candy smell that can be sickly sweet. Sensual is more subtle but still very strong in all the good ways. I read a review that compared PS Sensual to Britney Spears Fantasy, which I have never smelled... But I think it smells similar to Paris Hilton's Can Can or KINDA similar to Victoria's Secret Vixen but less fruity. It's sweeter and less powdery then VS Dream Angels Heavenly. The dry down is reminiscent of Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy but not as much berry and gardenia. I hope this is helping, I suck at describing scents so I'm trying to just go off of what I have lol. I can't stop smelling where I sprayed PInk Sugar Sensual... I'm LOVING it. It reminds me of another perfume I used to wear but I can't put my finger on it right now, ugh. I will update when I figure it out :)

Look for this in Costco, right now it's only $28 for both the 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette and the rollerball!!

Packaging- meh.
Price- yay!
Scent- yessss... love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Okay, so, I finally bought this perfume by my beloved Aquolina. I can wear only Pink Sugar as I cannot stand any other perfume. Florals and weak wearing fragrances aren't tolerated by me. With that said, I personally do not like Sensual. It smells like all the perfumes in the world that I avoid like the plague b/c of their thick, nausea and headache inducing properties. When people say this is a grown up version of Pink Sugar, they are half correct. It's definitely a grown up scent or rather a scent for those into the thick sweet floral-ish scents. It's not a version of Pink Sugar, though. If it was, I'd be all over it. I cannot give this fragrance a poor rating based on my personal preference. I have to say that if I were into this type of fragrance, I'd praise this one. It has great staying power and doesn't stray far from the body. But those of you that love Pink Sugar, don't get your hopes up as you will be gravely disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sensual is more restrained and refined than Pink Sugar (which while delicious, occasionally makes me think of a cheerful young thing who doesn't notice she is talking too much and too loud).
It's still sweet and cozy, but the sugary notes are subtler so the scent is more nuanced. I was delighted to detect a soft spritz of juicy fruits at the top and the absence of that burnt, bitter licorice note in Pink Sugar. There's also a noticeable soft brown-sugar note in the baked-goods heart that I absolutely adore.
I do see a resemblance to Fantasy (which I also love) in how the fruits are interlaced with an intense candied sweetness and a hint of florals, woods and musk. But Sensual's juicier topnotes don't stick around as long as the quince-kiwi-lychee opening of Fantasy. It cuts quickly to the darker vanilla-sugar heart and is also a touch less sweet and rich.
On me, this lasts a good 7-8 hours, but it wears much closer to the skin than Pink Sugar so it's not going to attract as many compliments (or complaints) unless you reapply often. I love that it's a sweet scent that works in hot weather, and never feels inappropriate even in a professional setting. I've received multiple compliments on this from both genders.
One minor criticism is they didn't put as much effort into the presentation despite the price being the same as original Pink Sugar. The box design is cheap-looking black lace print topped with a plain black lid, as opposed to the adorable textured pink swirls, cuter canister lid and bottle cap on original Pink Sugar.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yesssss!!

Big fan of Aquolina's Pink Sugar, and spied Pink Sugar Sensual at Marshall's, so grabbed it. Boy, am I glad I did!

It's a sexy, softer, powdery version of Pink Sugar. Sweet black currant, with a bit of orange that sneeks into the notes, and buttery sweet vanilla (not overly, though....just enough vanilla). I love the gourmand scents, and this is a real keeper. As the notes settle down, I love to smell the underside of my wrist and arm because it exudes such as cozy, comfortable feeling.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna go back to Marshall's and get that last bottle tomorrow, fingers crossed that it's still there!

Get it. You'll lurrrve it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

I love this scent! It smells just like britney spears fantasy. I love the bottle as well and the box it comes in is soo pretty with the sexy black lace. Will keep buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

I got this at TJ maxx, and I like the original, but I LOVE this spin! It is such a great sexy scent, I absolutely love wearing it out, it really gets men's attention. lol... Its top notes are bergamot and black currant, and its heart notes include nuances of jasmine petals with an orange bloom. These give way to sandalwood and vanilla accords that form its base notes. AHHHH incredible!! I would not wear this to work, i think it is a bit heavy, and more of a night time scent. I really recommend this scent to single girls lol, trust me, it gets attention

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by maggiegault

It is a delicious smell that both men and women compliment me on. Reasonably priced. I find that I reach for it more than I reach for any other scent I own. Rave.