October 1, 2014 | 1314 users online

Body Scrubs - Soap & Glory - Sugar Crush Body Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I'm fully prepared for the backlash this review may get, but I have to go completely against popular opinion on this and say how much I absolutely HATED this body scrub. Sadly it's another S&G product to add to the ever increasing list of S&G products I can't stand.

So let's start with the scent. It states on the packaging that this has 'smashed brown sugar and sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains' in it. In my opinion this should have given it a sweet and sour kind of smell with a hint of lime, but to my nostrils it just smelt like a mix between heavy duty toilet cleaner and my local swimming baths.

I would also question its scrubbing abilities. Once applied, this one seemed determined to spend most of its time dropping down the plughole in the shower rather than actually sticking to my skin, meaning I used a lot more in one shower than I'm sure you're supposed to. And what I did manage to salvage didn't really do anything of great note for my skin.

For 8.00 I can definitely get much better body scrubs. LUSH's Rub, Rub, Rub (8.50 for 330g) is much nicer, scrubs much better and smells divine. Alternatively Tree Hut's Shea Sugar Body Scrub in Tropical Mango (10.19 for 510g) sticks to your skin like glue, exfoliates like a wonder, leaves your skin amazingly soft and smells like a dream.

S&G continue to disappoint me and yet oddly I keep buying into the hype. Perhaps now is the time for me to finely stop...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally broke down and bought one of these soap and glory scrubs since my local shoppers drug mart had a sale... The prices fell from $20 to $15. And I'm so glad I grabbed this. I picked sugar crush after smelling all the different types of soap and glory body scrubs and I thought this one has the best scent. It reminds me of citrus fruits/ lemon cake somehow and it really wakes you up. The product itself has large granules of sugar and little grains of macadamia shells that helps with removing / scrubbing off the rough patches all over your body.
I use this after standing under the shower and making sure my whole body is wet... And because its a gel type consistency I move away from the shower head and water stream and start massaging/ scrubbing my body for couple of minutes. Then I just move back under the water and rinse off. I think if you didn't move away from the shower head, all the product will just end up on the bottom of your shower floor.
I will purchase another tub of this while its still on sale :) I really love how it made my skin and keratosis pilaris smooth, without irritating my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by QOH

The smell is so nice. It's fresh and energizing.
The scrub grain is big enough to feel that I'm actually SCRUBBING myself. So fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by RadishTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My absolute favorite body product. The smell is so amazing and refreshing.
I use this on my dry skin all over BEFORE I get in the shower and it provides a great scrub but isn't overly harsh. It also moisturizes enough that I don't have to use lotion after.

AND DID I TALK ABOUT THE SMELL YET?
yuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm oh my god.

You get a 10oz tub for $20, which lasts me 4-6 weeks when I use it all over my entire body once a week. I wish it were a little cheaper like it is in the UK but I still think it is worth it. I have repurchased 3x

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by ThatGirlInTheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells so yummy! Yes, it looks a bit icky and feels weird if you don't exfoliate often, but it comes off easy, isn't too greasy and SMELLS AMAZING

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find this a great scrub, scent is very pleasant. Moisturizes without feeling to greasy. My only complaint...I feel it's over priced. I feel I'll only ask for it as a gift, but I couldn't see myself paying this much if I have a comparable DS or DIY scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by vee1412

I would re-purchase this for the scent alone, it smells Delicious!! The sugar particles in it are big and dissolve as you work it into your skin, the consistency is lovely and thick and you can really work it in and get a good scrub, fab on knees and elbows. Skin feels super soft afterwards and did I mention the scent lol!!! I find I don't need to moisturise afterwards but I usually do out of habit.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by MattGloss

I LOVE this body scrub! It smells absolutely amazing (just like a sweet shop!) and makes your skin feel really soft and smooth. The only problem for me is that I fake tan a lot and as this contains oils, leaves a residue on the skin which I find can cause my fake tan to streak (hence the 4 stars). However I still love this product and recommend it, but I still prefer my HG St Ives scrub during the tanning months. If you're pale skinned and proud though (unlike me) this will be perfect for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Brill body scrub. I'd been using it once a fortnight on my elbows and upper arms for over six months and I've only now had to replace it. You could make something similar yourself, but why bother if you can get it on special offer at Boots?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Monkey987

Love it! Smells great, leaves my skin feeling refreshed and smooth. The packaging is great as well which is another bonus. I'd prefer it if it was on offer more but I would still buy it if it wasn't. Another win for S&G!