November 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally, i found a concealer that actually WORKS.

All the concealers i tried so far melted on my face and exposed the pimple/redness underneath after a few hours. Not to mention drying and getting under the flakes etc.

I bought this following wayne goss' advice.

This just stays put ALL DAY, provided that nothing touches and/or rubs on your face. I mean that, no touching the face! Or else this also moves like other concealers and get into lines etc. and look awful. But if you powder & leave it alone, you can hide the nastiest red pustules under this and no-one can tell you're breaking out (unless the pimple is elevated, then it'll still cast a shadow obviously)

I actually shocked my mom with this: "Your skin looks perfect, where did the zits go??" she asked :D

Thanks to this and clinique's anti-blemish foundation, i managed to get through the purging stage of retin-A treatment without much stress and now i no longer need to use this concealer as my acne's clearing up!

By the way, i only use this on blemishes. I don't know how it works under the eyes.

Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by mellifera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this concealer. After seeing the video Wayne Goss did about it, I thought it might be the answer to my impossible-to-cover-hyperpigmentation woes.

The Good:

This is an amazing concealer. The consistency is similar to my current HG L.A. Girl Pro Concealer. The color #14 was a great match for my NC 50 skin and it was very long wearing. I got more than 6 hours out of it before I had to touch up, compared to barely 4 from LA Girl.

The Bad:

I'm very glad I only patch tested this along my jaw; it gave me a horrible and painful cystic breakout.

If you don't have acne prone skin and are in the market for a long wearing concealer, go for it. Sadly, my search for a concealer that's as long wearing as Revlon ColorStay foundation continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by pnkct

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Definitely the best concealer I've ever came across with so far. As a person who has a acne prone skin, I'm really happy that it did not irritate my skin and didn't broke me out. Totally will repurchase this concealer!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since getting off the pill almost two years ago, I have been experiencing the worst acne of my life thus far. It has been a roller coaster from clear to mild to horrible under-the-skin, painful red acne to a rash of whiteheads, inflamed blackheads, you name it... I've had it in spades.

To give more context, up until this time of my life, I hadn't owned a tube of concealer since middle school (when I probably really didn't even need it). I felt it appropriate to up the ante on my selection from a cheapie drugstore pick to the MUFE, which is generally well-regarded.

This concealer does its best, but its best is not enough for me. I need an ally in the form of makeup in order to cover up scars and hyper-pigmentation. I don't have a makeup artist every morning to help me put on a braver face, so I expect a lot from a concealer to help me out. Unfortunately, this one is only a notch better and than the best drugstore ones. In my experience, it is not waterproof and wears off with even a brush of an errant finger or when I'm changing my clothes. To be clear, I am ONLY putting on as much as I need; I'm not exactly stockpiling it onto my skin, so the wearing off is a disappointment to say the least.

On skin that is broken out and irritated, this only exacerbates how terrible it already looks. You really have to have very well-cleaned and moisturized, ideally already smooth skin for this concealer to work well. For pitted or ice-pick scars, this is adequate for "filling in" because it is buildable. A small tip if you're having trouble applying this concealer to a broken out area is to treat it with some micellar solution (like Bioderma in the pink bottle with a cotton pad) so that the damaged skin is more supple, wait, pat on a very light layer of concealer, wait another minute or so, and then add another light layer on top, and lastly powder around it. You have to be quite patient in between layers.

*Here's the takeaway*: If you have mild acne and are stressing about it, use this concealer with a light hand and a damn good concealer brush because it's thick. For my fellow moderate-severe acne sufferers, the above counsel stands but with an addendum: I'm convinced that no concealer on earth could cover up a truly monstrous hormonal or stress-related zit, so I'm trying to be more zen about it because it will never be perfect. Until I find a better concealer, I will be using MUFE, but not loving it. And for those who are interested in concealing under-eye circles, this one is way too thick to chance it on the delicate under-eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by selinaxkyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

No matter how many concealers I try, I always come back to this one. It is full coverage so a little goes a very long way, and it comes out of the tube pretty thick. It's available in a good range of colors, and stays put although it will crease in some areas without powder.

---
* full coverage
* good range of shades
* straightforward packaging

I get the best results when I mix this with a small amount of moisturizer/eye cream/etc. until I achieve my desired texture/coverage. Also using a precision concealer brush helps keep everything under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For as long as I can remember I've gone with concealers far too light and too pink for my skin. I'm not sure if it was a misunderstanding or lack of products, but this concealer in shade 06 matches my skin far better than any I've ever tried before. The best method for application I've found is to dab a very small amount on with a finger and tap across with a fluffy brush until it's distributed and blended well. If needed, I go back over certain areas and then set with loose powder.

Pros:
* thick but creamy
* very opaque
* buildable/blendable
* truly impressive range of colors
* a little goes a *long* way

Cons:
* will crease without setting powder
* an expensive price tag (but I think it's worth it)

Skin tone: pale, warm undertones

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ASMVBEAUTY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Covers everything and anything, wouldn't recommend it for under the eyes because it can be a bit heavy, water resistant factor is great, I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin and this product didn't irritate me at all, a little goes a very long way just started my second tube, first one lasted over a year

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by 8Summer8

I asked for a full coverage concealer and this was what I was introduced to. I have a lot hyper pigmentations (spotty) just on one side of my face. Instead of using a heavier foundation on my face I prefer a light foundation then use concealer for hyper pigmentations. MUFE is the best ones I have tried but it still doesn't conceal completely after 2 applications. I usually dab a bit on the back of my hand then use a brush to brush it in then spot conceal (pat it in) second time.
I will continue to find another concealer that's more suitable for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Mulan1

I got a sample of this concealer from Sephora in the shade # 7. A little background about my skin; I have lots of red marks post acne, and an uneven complexion with lots of redness. This product should be my HG of concealers, considering all the raving reviews about it on YouTube, right? WRONG. It's not because the product sucks, or causes breakouts that make me refuse to purchase it again. It's how it applies. This stuff dries so fast and is not blendable. Although it may be good at spot concealing, it's not good for large areas of discoloration you face. In addition, it feels extremely heavy on the skin. I used it under my eyes and on parts of my cheeks. Pigmentation wise, it's great, but after an hour my face just felt sticky. I don't think I could recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I don't even know how long I've had this, but every time I use it, it disappoints. Today, for example, I have a pimple on my cheek. I rarely get pimples on my cheeks, but I suspect it is hormonal this time. After applying foundation, I tried to conceal with this. Put a dot on the back of my hand, used a concealer brush, and wound up with a cakey mess. I sort of felt like it was mocking me, as if it was saying, oh, you want to highlight your zit? I cleaned my skin, moisturized, and tried again. Same result. I hadn't even used any drying acne medications because the pimple just appeared today, so I know that wasn't the problem. I finally decided not to even bother trying to conceal it.