January 25, 2015 | 1953 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Ilickoreos

If you're looking for a creamy, moisturizing concealer that is highly pigmented and covers all of your imperfections, this is the concealer for you! I bought this after doing research about hydrating concealers that would not dry out my face as I have dry skin. I love how you can squeeze a little bit of product out of the tube as opposed to sticking your hand into a pot like some concealers, so it is sanitary after every use.

As with all creamy concealers, I like to warm up this product on the back of my hand before applying. I do a thin layer, let that dry, and build more layers for extra coverage. Due to my dry skin, it does have a tendency to cling to dry patches on your face. However, I find if I refresh with a misting spray throughout the day, it alleviates this problem. This concealer offers full coverage, so it does an excellent job at hiding dark spots, red spots, and active acne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2015 3:11:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy cow this concealer covers everything!
I bought this from Sephora for about $32 Canadian during the glass the VIBROUGE sale.
I found this product to be a bit thicker in comparison to my mac pro long wear concealer. I apply this product on skin with the use of a bullet shaped foundation brush because I find that it's slightly tugs on my skin when I apply with my fingers.
But I do find that this product covers pimples very well but I'm also concerned that it can cause pimples to appear because it's so thick.
I do have to alternate this product with my mac pro long wear concealer or my Maybelline fit me concealer or my Narrs creamy concealer because I can't use his product every single day or else I may start breaking out.
Overall I'm happy with the product, and I tend to use this concealer during important events or meetings where I can't touch up my concealer during the day.

(Side note: i'm a Mac nc25-nc30, and makeup forever face and body - #32 and full cover concealer - #7)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a must have in all makeup bags, and has been my go to face concealer (I use a separate concealer for under eyes) for the past several years. This stuff is exceptional at covering discoloration or redness spots (i.e. blemishes). It doesn't cause any irritation, and a little goes a very, very long way. I've had the same tube for over 3 years, and have hardly put a dent in it, even though I use a small amount nearly every day! I wouldn't recommend for under eyes as I think it's not moisturizing enough for that area, however, this is the best concealer for covering up anything and everything, and is especially excellent at covering any blemishes that seem to take ages to go away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw Wayne Goss demonstrate using this with moisturizer on Youtube and decided to give it a try when my UD Foundation ran out. I bought this in Beige #8 to mix with my moisturizer and/or sunscreen for custom coverage to wear in place of foundation. The beige shade is my closest match but about a half shade too dark for me in winter. A small amount mixed with a physical sunscreen creates the perfect color though and leaves an amazing finish that looks like healthy glowing skin not foundation. I love that I can adjust the concealer to sunscreen/moisturizer ratio to create just the right shade and amount of coverage I want where I want it. I do often use Erase Paste or a similar creamy brightening concealer over this under my eyes but this does cover redness and dark circles very well and lasts all day on my combo skin without highlighting dry patches. I've had no issues with breakouts at all and will continue to use this in place of foundation. It's not cheap but a little goes a long way and this tube should last me quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great concealer. I like the formula for this, that it's not liquidy like many concealers and glides everywhere. It's more like a soft paste that is easily blendable. It provides great coverage. Stays throughout the day.

Forewarning: It creases.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by mioche

CYSTIC ACNE ALERT!!!
Hi everyone, I had been using this concealer occasionally but only for a few hours at a time since July. I used it a week ago and had it on for 5+ hours and woke up with painful/red cystic acne bumps all over my cheeks and one spot on my chin. Only where I used the concealer. It is a full cover concealer and looks great however now it's going to take me months to undo the damage caused by this concealer :( So upset! It's going in the bin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally, i found a concealer that actually WORKS.

All the concealers i tried so far melted on my face and exposed the pimple/redness underneath after a few hours. Not to mention drying and getting under the flakes etc.

I bought this following wayne goss' advice.

This just stays put ALL DAY, provided that nothing touches and/or rubs on your face. I mean that, no touching the face! Or else this also moves like other concealers and get into lines etc. and look awful. But if you powder & leave it alone, you can hide the nastiest red pustules under this and no-one can tell you're breaking out (unless the pimple is elevated, then it'll still cast a shadow obviously)

I actually shocked my mom with this: "Your skin looks perfect, where did the zits go??" she asked :D

Thanks to this and clinique's anti-blemish foundation, i managed to get through the purging stage of retin-A treatment without much stress and now i no longer need to use this concealer as my acne's clearing up!

By the way, i only use this on blemishes. I don't know how it works under the eyes.

Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by mellifera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this concealer. After seeing the video Wayne Goss did about it, I thought it might be the answer to my impossible-to-cover-hyperpigmentation woes.

The Good:

This is an amazing concealer. The consistency is similar to my current HG L.A. Girl Pro Concealer. The color #14 was a great match for my NC 50 skin and it was very long wearing. I got more than 6 hours out of it before I had to touch up, compared to barely 4 from LA Girl.

The Bad:

I'm very glad I only patch tested this along my jaw; it gave me a horrible and painful cystic breakout.

If you don't have acne prone skin and are in the market for a long wearing concealer, go for it. Sadly, my search for a concealer that's as long wearing as Revlon ColorStay foundation continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by pnkct

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Definitely the best concealer I've ever came across with so far. As a person who has a acne prone skin, I'm really happy that it did not irritate my skin and didn't broke me out. Totally will repurchase this concealer!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since getting off the pill almost two years ago, I have been experiencing the worst acne of my life thus far. It has been a roller coaster from clear to mild to horrible under-the-skin, painful red acne to a rash of whiteheads, inflamed blackheads, you name it... I've had it in spades.

To give more context, up until this time of my life, I hadn't owned a tube of concealer since middle school (when I probably really didn't even need it). I felt it appropriate to up the ante on my selection from a cheapie drugstore pick to the MUFE, which is generally well-regarded.

This concealer does its best, but its best is not enough for me. I need an ally in the form of makeup in order to cover up scars and hyper-pigmentation. I don't have a makeup artist every morning to help me put on a braver face, so I expect a lot from a concealer to help me out. Unfortunately, this one is only a notch better and than the best drugstore ones. In my experience, it is not waterproof and wears off with even a brush of an errant finger or when I'm changing my clothes. To be clear, I am ONLY putting on as much as I need; I'm not exactly stockpiling it onto my skin, so the wearing off is a disappointment to say the least.

On skin that is broken out and irritated, this only exacerbates how terrible it already looks. You really have to have very well-cleaned and moisturized, ideally already smooth skin for this concealer to work well. For pitted or ice-pick scars, this is adequate for "filling in" because it is buildable. A small tip if you're having trouble applying this concealer to a broken out area is to treat it with some micellar solution (like Bioderma in the pink bottle with a cotton pad) so that the damaged skin is more supple, wait, pat on a very light layer of concealer, wait another minute or so, and then add another light layer on top, and lastly powder around it. You have to be quite patient in between layers.

*Here's the takeaway*: If you have mild acne and are stressing about it, use this concealer with a light hand and a damn good concealer brush because it's thick. For my fellow moderate-severe acne sufferers, the above counsel stands but with an addendum: I'm convinced that no concealer on earth could cover up a truly monstrous hormonal or stress-related zit, so I'm trying to be more zen about it because it will never be perfect. Until I find a better concealer, I will be using MUFE, but not loving it. And for those who are interested in concealing under-eye circles, this one is way too thick to chance it on the delicate under-eye area.