October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Liquid - American Beauty - ULTIMATE DIAMOND Luminous Mineral Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in constant search for a perfect foundation and a couple of foundations at home didn't stop me from buying this one. I got it dirt cheap on clearance, no big regrets.
When I tried it at khols I liked the finish and the coverage, but after using it a couple of days I realized that to me it's more like a good bb cream than a foundation. The coverage is sheer to medium, which is not enough for my freshly appeared break outs. It doesn't seem buildable too. It doesn't cover completely my redness on the cheeks. The finish is naturally dewy and the foundation is moisturizing, which is good for my dry skin in winter. I haven't worn it in summer yet, but for summer it might be too moisturizing if you have oily skin.
I didn't notice that much sparkles, to me they are not that noticable, but may be on a sunny day they look too obvious.
To get better coverage I add my boot 7 mousse foundation to AB. Boot 7 gives more coverage and AB ultimate diamond adds dewy look plus moisturizers my skin - perfect combination.
In general I like it, but currently I need more coverage for my occasional break outs.
When my skin clears up ( I hope soon ) I will like this foundation more, but for now it's just average.
................................. Update.
The foundation separates I have to shake every time I use, plus the consistency is changing. I bought it on clearance and think its expired. The smell is also kind of unpleasant.

Update.................;............
I still can't understand this foundation. It doesnt cover anything. It creases horribly. The consistency is runny and when I apply it is like apply some cream - it absorbs and doesn't cover even small redness. For me it's a tinted moisturizer or it really expired and doesn't do what it supposed to do.

Update .............................
When the product separates, first the oil comes out, very greasy and tacky. This foundation is going straight to the garbage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this at Kohl's and loved the texture, coverage and finish. My color match in "Fair" was excellent. My skin looked flawless and ethereal. It was on sale, so I pounced. I got to my car, took one look in the review window and headed right back into the store to return the tube. Glitter everywhere! Maybe I should have assumed by the word "Diamond" in the name, but I swear I didn't see any glitter under the store lighting. Broad Daylight told another story entirely. Funny how a review mirror can be a woman's worst enemy and best friend all at once. Such a gorgeous foundation spoiled by glitter. I looked like one of my son's art projects.

For those interested, I agree with the reviewer below who compared this to Tient Miracle. I thought the same thing. Imagine a more hydrating Tient Miracle with glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by LauraAnn13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG! HG! HG! I was scared to try this at first because it looked shimmery in the tube and i hate shimmer! This is not shimmery at all but it gives my skin a glowing vibrance! Its not full coverage but thats how i like it. I couldn't believe how amazing my skin looked with it on! It is totally worth the money imo and I hate spending a lot of money on foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been on a general quest to find a foundation that does not settle into fine lines, change color, or look cakey. I used to wear powder foundations, but as I'm aging, powder looks too heavy and dulls my complexion, in addition to highlighting wrinkles and pores, AM Diamond Mineral foundation caught my attention, I like the idea of minerals, and who doesn't like diamonds? I want something that will smooth out and disguise lines and make my skin glow and look fresh, but not oily. So far, this fits the bill. It is not full coverage, but it is more than enough to conceal redness, brown spots and fine wrinkles. It makes my skin look nicer than anything I've used for years, I have very dry skin and some dry patches that I can't get rid of in winter, and this did well to hide them. It evened out my complexion, and I didn't have to put it on heavily. I should mention that I used L'Oreals new Magic Lumi light infusing primer underneath, You might think all this might be over the top, but my skin looked amazing. It totally erased the fine lines under my eyes, and my skin looked flawless...like baby skin, It allowed my own skin to show thru, and looked so natural, I can't be happier...this could be an HG combo, The only thing that might ruin the mix is if I experience any skin issues. Since I don't wear it everyday, I think I'll be ok, Highly recommend for those ladies of a certain age who need to adjust their heavier makeup for something lighter, that honestly helps to camoflauge problem areas. Plus the price is right!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love LOVE this foundation!! I am on my 3rd tube now after about 2 years. Granted, I don't use it everyday, but I love it for daytime when I feel like having a natural look with a little bit of blush and some mascara. It isn't a full coverage foundation, but if you are looking for a glowing, dewy finish then this foundation is great. I have very dry skin and this works wonders for me. I also have acne prone skin and this doesn't make me break out.
I don't know how well it would do on someone with oily skin because again, it definitely gives somewhat of a dewy finish. I wear the medium shade and it matches me in winter and summertime (granted even during the summer I ALWAYS wear spf on my face so the shade of my skin doesn't change much with the seasons).
So if you are looking for a light coverage, luminous foundation I would definitely reccommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the color Light at Kohl's. They were out of Fair, and the associate I spoke with suggested that the Light and Fair shades were very similar, and I could wear the Light shade easily. We tried the tester on me, and it was an ideal match.

I love the ingredient list. I love the smooth, creamy texture. I love the incredible luminosity this foundation gives my skin. I love the staying power. The only thing I don't love is the coverage, which is sheer to medium. However, it is buildable, and the creamy thickness of the product allowed for multiple coats without my feeling like I'm using too much. So, while I will still give full points, I will caution that the coverage is rather light -- if you're looking for light coverage, this is perfect. Fuller coverage might take some work.

I also want to mention that the ingredient list for Ultimate Diamond is very similar to the list for MAC StudioSculpt Foundation, although StudioSculpt has a few more ingredients (like hyaluronic acid) and has fuller coverage. Ultimate Diamond Foundation, however, has real diamond powder, which I don't know if any other foundation has!

Ingredients:
Octinoxate 7.50%, Water, Butylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Kaolin, Tocopherol, Lechithin, Panthenol, Lysine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Diamond Powder, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tromethamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sodium Chloride, Magneisum Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isostearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, [Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens]

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by tonkatoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This gives good coverage for me, not too dry , not too wet. The color "light" seemed to be the right color for my winter skin. I retured the mineral powder from American Beauty, but have no idea how to "edit" my review there. I put my stila powder over it, and it really is beautiful. Now I have to find a good primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by amysharp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a dead ringer for the new Lancome Teint Miracle! I put the Lancome on one half of my face, and the American Beauty on the other and seriously could not tell the difference. If anything, the AB is a little more moisturizing and dewy of a finish. They both are great, but this one costs a lot less.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by paulababe1985

I didn't really like this foundation all the much didn't provide enough coverage.. it seemed like more of a tinted moisturizer and well I love the idea of the minerals in it. However, it settled into lines and around my nose.. and made me feel sticky would buy this again. I've enjoyed others more than this one... if you have good skin go for it. But not good coverage for the occasional flareups.. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I actually got this for free from a beauty blog some months back. I never thought to review it, but I like it. $25 for 1 oz in a tube. So since it's in a tube you get your money's worth and can get all of the product out. A liquid mineral makeup that doesn't dry out your skin or look parched. I have semi-dry skin, so I'll be interested to see how it works in warmer weather. Since it's luminous, you might want to go for a darker shade than you normally do. That quality along with spf makes your face appear lighter in pictures. It's sheer but gives good coverage. The glow is not too intense, and it actually sets on your skin. It feels a little dewy, but you can use loose powder over it. It has diamond powder in it, which softens the look of lines and pores for a smooth finish. I liked it better than NARS Sheer Glow because it didn't dry my skin.