Macadamia Natural Oil Nourishing Leave-in Cream

3.7

Aqua/Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Peg-40 Stearate, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Tristearate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lactic Acid, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Coumarin

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have long, wavy hair that has suffered a Little damage from coloring in the past.

First of all this product smells great, but apart from that I don't like it very much. Don't get me wrong, it's not an awful product. Just not my favourite.

I got this as a gift from my mom, and Macadamia seems to be a great brand so I was excited to try it out. However I find it leaving my hair feeling a bit sticky for very long, and it didn't do much for my frizziness or waves. The slightly sticky feeling of the product stays in my hair at least until the day after, and since I have long hair and I wear it just hanging loose most of the time I didn't like that.

I could imagine this product being a great option for those of you who have shoulder-lenght hair or shorter, and perhaps you don't like using oils in hair that short. Because I feel like it's slightly texturizing, which can be great if you have a shorter haircut and you want to be able to shape it.

However, I will keep using this product until I run out. I mean it claims to have nourishing ingredients, and I'm not letting Anything that might be nourishing for my hair go to waste! But I won't buy it again.

on 11/30/2014 5:16:00 PM

Wished this did something for my hair as I love the packaging and smell. But it offered no results. I have bleached, severely damaged hair.

on 10/22/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have straight, flat hair.

This product makes my hair shiny and noticeably fuller without adding frizz or fly-aways.

It costs $13.45 for a 10 oz bottle (Amazon), but since I only use one pump for my entire head (and only wash my hair about three times a week) it will last a really long time. (I'll try to provide an update when I've used it all.)

I love the smell; I can't quite place what it is but it reminds me of something candy-like from the 70's or 80's.

on 10/18/2014 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Love this product! I've been using this along with the deep repair mask and healing oil treatment for almost a year now. I put this in my hair after I shower and concentrate on the ends because it makes my hair feel super soft and look healthy!

on 10/3/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product.I mainly apply it on the ends of my hair because it makes them look healthy and shiny.

on 7/21/2014 10:29:00 AM

I'm really surprised how many bad reviews this product got. I bought a full Macadamia Kit - maybe four years ago - which included all the main products of this line, among them a 300 ml bottle of the Nourishing Leave-in Cream. I'm writing this review because i'm about to replace it; I've been using it almost daily and it lasted for about 4 years: I'd say this justifies the price already, regardless the beneficial effects it had on my hair.
I have rather fine, rather straight hair, but I don't feel that it weighs my hair down. After having put it onto my wet hair and let air dry, my hair feels much fuller, shinier, more nourished and softer; but not the static silky-soft way the Macadamia Nourishing oil tends to do. You can really feel that it contains natural oil.
I recommend the leave-in Cream to those who often have static, dry hair and whish to use a heavier cream that's really nourishing and gives body (not volume, though). For me a live safer especially in wintertime.

on 5/7/2014 1:54:00 PM

Last summer I tried a few macadamia natural oil products and was happy with most including this one. I liked using this during the day if my hair got fizzy.

Pros:
Helps with flyways and frizz
Cute packaging

Cons:
price

I would repurchase this if I was not a product jumper lol :)

on 3/16/2014 3:04:00 PM

I honestly hate this stuff. It was so pricey but I thought the quality of the product would justify the price tag. I have naturally curly hair, so I was drawn to the "nourishing natural oil" that this line advertises. I was deeply dispointed. Even the smallest amount weighed my hair down, and still made my hair frizzy. It made my hair feel rough and GRITTY, as if I hadn't washed it for days. I have given this product many chances because I WANT to like it, but every time I use it I just want to wash it out. I would not recommend this product to anyone, especially because it is so expensive. It is a waste of money, and you can find better products out their for a better price. The only good thing I have to say is that the packaging is cute, and the fragrance is fantastic. But, for my hair, it only dried it out, weighed it down, and made it feel like crap. Try at your own risk!

on 12/12/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice leave in conditioner it actually makes my hair more shiny and less frizzy I really like it!

on 10/14/2013 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was to a hair stylist and they use Morrocan oil products. I just loved the way my hair felt after using those products, but then the products at the salon are always better then what they recommend (this was my experience).
Instead of buying the expensive MorrocanOil stuff, I decided to try Macadamia Natural Oil after seeing so many positive reviews.
Unfortunately my thick frizzy hair did not see any improvements.
I am not using it every time I wash my hair, but maybe every 7 or 10 days. I have tried to apply it on wet hair or on slightly dry, but I think I prefer the first option.

It doesn't feel as bad as a gel and it's not that sticky, but after you blow dry your hair it's not soft either - you can feel something has been applied on the hair, but I don't find it is a pleasent feel.

I feel my hair hasn't changed, good or bad.

I am happy that they made a small size bottle, otherwise I would have been upset with my purchase.

Bottom line: try the small size first!

Popular Styling Products