July 26, 2014 | 968 users online

Styling Products - Macadamia Natural Oil - Nourishing Leave-in Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by codesucker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really surprised how many bad reviews this product got. I bought a full Macadamia Kit - maybe four years ago - which included all the main products of this line, among them a 300 ml bottle of the Nourishing Leave-in Cream. I'm writing this review because i'm about to replace it; I've been using it almost daily and it lasted for about 4 years: I'd say this justifies the price already, regardless the beneficial effects it had on my hair.
I have rather fine, rather straight hair, but I don't feel that it weighs my hair down. After having put it onto my wet hair and let air dry, my hair feels much fuller, shinier, more nourished and softer; but not the static silky-soft way the Macadamia Nourishing oil tends to do. You can really feel that it contains natural oil.
I recommend the leave-in Cream to those who often have static, dry hair and whish to use a heavier cream that's really nourishing and gives body (not volume, though). For me a live safer especially in wintertime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

Last summer I tried a few macadamia natural oil products and was happy with most including this one. I liked using this during the day if my hair got fizzy.

Pros:
Helps with flyways and frizz
Cute packaging

Cons:
price

I would repurchase this if I was not a product jumper lol :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Mintyxfresh

I honestly hate this stuff. It was so pricey but I thought the quality of the product would justify the price tag. I have naturally curly hair, so I was drawn to the "nourishing natural oil" that this line advertises. I was deeply dispointed. Even the smallest amount weighed my hair down, and still made my hair frizzy. It made my hair feel rough and GRITTY, as if I hadn't washed it for days. I have given this product many chances because I WANT to like it, but every time I use it I just want to wash it out. I would not recommend this product to anyone, especially because it is so expensive. It is a waste of money, and you can find better products out their for a better price. The only good thing I have to say is that the packaging is cute, and the fragrance is fantastic. But, for my hair, it only dried it out, weighed it down, and made it feel like crap. Try at your own risk!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Natasha95

This is a really nice leave in conditioner it actually makes my hair more shiny and less frizzy I really like it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by RedAlex

I was to a hair stylist and they use Morrocan oil products. I just loved the way my hair felt after using those products, but then the products at the salon are always better then what they recommend (this was my experience).
Instead of buying the expensive MorrocanOil stuff, I decided to try Macadamia Natural Oil after seeing so many positive reviews.
Unfortunately my thick frizzy hair did not see any improvements.
I am not using it every time I wash my hair, but maybe every 7 or 10 days. I have tried to apply it on wet hair or on slightly dry, but I think I prefer the first option.

It doesn't feel as bad as a gel and it's not that sticky, but after you blow dry your hair it's not soft either - you can feel something has been applied on the hair, but I don't find it is a pleasent feel.

I feel my hair hasn't changed, good or bad.

I am happy that they made a small size bottle, otherwise I would have been upset with my purchase.

Bottom line: try the small size first!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the smell, it dosen't feel creasy on my hair. Really like it by far. I'll update later!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently got a haircut that is a tragedy. As such, I've been trying different hair products to try and turn it into something manageable. I've been wanting to try the Macadamia Natural products for a very long time and figured now would be a good opportunity. I purchased this at Target as a buy-one, get-one free offer so that definitely helps with the price factor. I am completely in love with this product. I use about half a pump in my hair while its still damp, focusing on the ends and let my hair air dry. Before styling I use a tiny bit of the Healing Oil Treatment and my hair had never been softer or shinier. This smells so good - tropical and slightly musky. The smell lingers which I actually quite like. I am so glad that I finally gave these products a go. They say you get what you pay for and in cases like this, I definitely see the truth in that statement. I've actually gotten a ton of compliments on my hair since I started using these products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Pernie86

I have only used this product once. It didn´t do anything for my frizzy hair. Maybe a little shine and my ends feel soft and moistured but I am sure i can achieve that with basically any leave-in co.I don´t like the smell of the product, it´s like bubble gum and I got tired of it after 5 min.

It´s okay but nothing more, it also gives my hair a kind of rough synthetic feeling which I don´t like. I will use it up but won´t buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a packet of samples of Macadamia hair products as a gift, including the nourishing leave-in cream. First of all, it smells amazing - it's kind of hard to describe, but it's sort of fruity/sweet? But not in a sugary or juvenile way. The first time I used it, I wasn't impressed, but as I started using it consistently, it really made a lasting change on my hair. I have fine hair but lots of it, and it drinks up any moisture I give it. I was skeptical that a cream would be better than an oil, but I actually think it did a better job. It didn't weigh down my hair, but it made all the little shorter hairs lie down and made my hair look and feel super soft and smooth, but still with body (I can't stand oil-slick hair). Eventually the sample ran out, but its effects stayed with my hair for about a week; now I'm sad because it's starting to wear off and my hair isn't as nice :( The only downside is the price; at this point in my life, (broke college student) I just can't justify buying a $28.00 bottle of hair product (although that's still quite a good price compared to other brands).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Brittney90210

I bought this about two months ago. I loved the deep conditioner and shampoo. It did wonders for my damaged hair. I was excited to try this and was very disappointed. First, the pump doesn't even work. Secondly, it weighs my hair down and I barely use any of the product. I've also noticed it's done nothing to improve the health of my hair. The only positive thing about this product is the smell. It's very over priced and didn't work. :(