July 23, 2014 | 2018 users online

Lipstick - Hard Candy - Night Out

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this lipstick. I'm usually a stain and balm kind of girl. I've tried many lipsticks and all seem to severely dry out my lips, causing ugly flakiness; however, Hard Candy's line of lipsticks really aren't bad, especially for a cheaper lipstick. The color has a decent wear-time and it doesn't seem to dry my lips out anywhere near as badly as others (even high end lines).
"Night Out" is a dark, dusky Tyrian/Imperial Purple. It's a perfect alternative to black (since I've outgrown my "goth" days haha).
The color fades to a nice Mulberry color and lasts several hours even through a meal or drinks.
I'm not sure if I would repurchase this particular color (I rarely wear it), but I would definitely repurchase this brand of lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by pixiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this colour - it's dark and vampy, beautiful shade - the texture is creamy and glides on well, although it does have some patchiness to it which I solved by simply putting on lipchap first!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Pas8899

Night Out is sheer, dark and plummy shade. The packaging is very cute. The texture is quite good. It's a bit moisturizing might I add. I don't need lip primer before applying this lipstick. I noticed that when you apply it lightly, it comes out very patchy; so that's a downside to this lipstick. I am a NC 25-30 with pink mauve-y lips and when I swatch this lipstick on my hand, it comes out very sheer, but when I apply to my lips with light to medium pressure, it comes out pretty dark. Overall, I think there is much better drugstore sticks out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging suckered me in. The tube has an Iron Cross and some other cool and unusual (for makeup packaging, at least) designs and ribbons on the end, I hadn't tried a Hard Candy lipstick and the (apparent) darkness and boldness of Night Out attracted me. I knew dark drugstore lipsticks are sometimes sheer and patchy on but bought it anyway.

Unfortunately, it didn't have even sheer or opaque coverage but was quite sheer, runny and patchy. it migrated to certain areas of my lips and rubbed off in other patches (hence, "patchy"). A lot of lipsticks (even high end ones!) seem to melt/run off pretty badly over time and this is one of them. A runny, sheer dark purple doesn't blend well with my lip color and looks cheap and little-kid dress-up on me, no matter how well I apply it. If you like very-dark very-sheer, this won't disappoint you; but this lipstick does my face no favors.

The tube, despite being one of those "the lipstick is still sticking out of the tube when I'm putting the cap on" cheapos that makes it precarious to re-cap, is still appealing to me and at least it isn't a drying lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

This is a nice semi-sheer deep brownish plum. In fact, it's an extremely close match for NARS Fast Ride. Night Out looks like it's slightly darker, but I'm looking at the piece of paper I have them swatched on and I have to be looking for it to notice the shade difference. Also, it isn't quite as sheer as Fast Ride. Anyway, if you love NARS Fast Ride but you want something with a bit more "oomph" try Night Out instead!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by itsmek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My lips are very pigmented/ pink. On me, Night Out is a pretty much the color of a mid toned berry stain. It is definitely cool toned on me, yet seems to have a brownish base so I can still pull it off- I'm very, very fair (barely a NC15) and most cool lippies look terrible on me but I can pull this off just fine. If you have gray or blue eyes, this lipstick will really make them pop. It's not at all drying either, and the lipstick is not nearly as glittery on as it looks in the tube, nor is it super glossy. Its just looks slightly wet and fresh, which I like.
On the downside though, the color wasn't exactly what I was hoping for- I wanted something a little darker/ closer to what it looks like in the tube. The formula, while very mosturizing is quite sheer- the lipstick is very gel like. This also means it tends to slip around a lot- not something you want with a darkish color. It also tends to settle into the lines on your lips and will cling to any pits of dry skin and be darker in these areas, leading to uneven pigmentation. Be sure to exfoliate your lips before applying.
Honestly, I think the biggest problem is the formula. I loved the feel of it because its so light and non drying, but it simply isn't suited to the darker colors in this range because of the pigmentation issues. I plan to buy some more of the lipsticks in this formula in lighter colors, but I plan to avoid the medium to dark shades from now on-shame because some of them are gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

when i read the revi ews & saw the color i was afraid it was going to be the same color i had at home (Manic Panic Black Rose) but turns out its totally different! I really like this l/s,i think it might similar to MP Mudd Club which hopefully it is because its cheaper.
Anywho i like the color but its a bit sheer & slippery. I like thick consistancy w/ my lp's like a balm almost. This is more glossy feeling & shows any dry skin i have on my lips. for $6 i won't complain,id probably repurchase because it is a really good gothy color thats easily obtained.
Edit: tried this sheered out over my Korres Guava balm & it looked like a beautiful berry stain w/ out showing my dry skin! Just for that im going to try more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't see purple or black in this at all. It's just a lovely cool-toned burgundy. To me this is fairly similar to MAC's Desire lipstick, but a tad darker. Which is awesome cause Desire is my HG burgundy lippie. Even the scent/flavor of Night Out is similar, and it leaves a stain just like Desire. Hell, if I can get the same look from Hard Candy for $6 vs. almost $20 for MAC, I'm all for it!

Hard Candy's lip products all tend to be thin & oily, and this lippie is no exception. This one is VERY sheer, and I was hoping the color would be more intense but its just a sheer wash. I don't like slick-textured lip products, I'm always afraid they're gonna bleed & smear all over the place. I actually considered returning this, but after leaving it on a while I've decided to keep it. After a while, it sunk in to my lips & 'dried out' just a little, and it felt much better.

I'm not crazy about the packaging. My biggest gripe is that none of the lipsticks in this line are sealed! When I bought mine it was the only tube left, and it had been tested. I had to wipe off the top layer before using it. The tubes are cute, with punk rock graphics(Night Out has an iron cross on it, which is awesome), and a little pink ribbon on the end of the tube, but they're fatter than a normal lipstick & unnecessarily bulky, IMO. And my tube clicks a lot when I swivel it up, which makes me think it will break soon. Which is odd because my tube of Desire does the same thing :S

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Here is the infamous "black" lipstick from the Hard Candy line. I saw it and, as a lover of dark lips from before it was trendy, I could not believe a drugstore brand would have a blackish lipstick. So, I HAD to try it.
In a nutshell, if you were looking to buy Urban Decay's Apocalypse or Confession lipsticks, don't even waste your money because here it is. No kidding. The Night Out lippie is a dark purple-brown/black color. I happen to like it a lot and am really jazzed that it only cost $6 instead of setting me back $22 for one of the UD lippies of the same color (and IMO, same formula).
In case you did not see my other review for "Starlet" in which I addressed the formulas of these lipsticks, they are kind of shiny and slippery-feeling on the lips. However, they leave a stain when wiped off, which is good. But, hey, for six bucks at Walmart, you can't really complain! I am really excited about this line and can't wit to try more!