October 25, 2014 | 1739 users online

Lipstick - Hard Candy - Starlet

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I finally found a Walmart in my town that is carrying the new Hard Candy line. I decided to sample the two darkest lipsticks since I love dark lips (apparently everyone else does too since this one and "Night Out" were the only ones close to being sold out.)

In the tube, Starlet looks like a very dark red, and I have yet to find a perfect DARK red that is to my liking. Well, on my lips this color is much lighter. It is a cranberry sort of color. Almost like cranberry juice or cranberry sauce. On my hand, it is much brighter than in the tube.

The consistency is kind of sheer and slippery. It reminds me of MAC's lustre or even glaze formulas. I have not worn it out practically, just tried it on at home, but it seems to have decent staying power for a $6 lipstick from Walmart. I went to wipe it off and it left a stain of color that was hard to remove. So, to me, that's a good thing. I was worried it would be one of those "here one minute, gone the next" lipsticks.

I don't know if I would buy this again, since there is nothing special about it (other than the SUPER cute packaging!!), but this a good product. I have hope for the re-launched Hard Candy.