November 27, 2014 | 1614 users online

Cleansers - Biotherm - Biopur Gentle Purifying Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I like this cleanser :) This retailed for SGD$48 for a 125ml tube. The description on the tube reads, 'Saponine water and oil-regulating Copper and Zinc, are combined into a purifying cleansing gel to deeply unclog pores and reveal clearer-looking skin. Massage into wet skin. rinse with warm water. Avoid the eye area. Use morning and evening.' This is a clear yellow gel which cleanses without leaving your skin taut. This cleanser doesn't lather much, and you need to use quite a bit if you want to efficiently cleanse your skin properly especially if you don't use a makeup remover for light makeup before hand. Sometimes, even after cleansing, I realize that it doesn't cleanse off foundation residues on the bridge of the nose (I wear spectacles) and around the sides of the nose. I was slightly disappointed considering this is my most expensive cleanser to date. I tend to be frugal with my skincare, but because this don't lather, I expect this tube to last only 5 months or so. I don't like the packaging of this product. This cleanser is rather runny, and if I don't recap this properly after usage, it will leak since it was stored right side up. I would much prefer it if it came with a pump. I was considering using up one of my japanese cleansers first and refilling the clear blue bottle with this, it would look so pretty on my vanity. I also don't like the smell of this. It smells moderately of household chemicals, but dissipates as soon as you wash it off. I noticed that my skin is clearing up slightly, but I don't know it was due to this product as I am trying to keep to a healthier diet with regular sleep. But since no skincare products really make a difference to my skin, I shall overlook this for now. I will recommend this to anyone who wants a light cleanser and who sticks to the whole skincare routine of makeup remover, cleanser, toner and so on. I will enjoy this cleanser, but will not be repurchasing this again :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this line at SDM. The lady said that since I had such sensitive skin, Biotherm would be a great product to use. I must say, I adore their packaging. Looking at the tube, it says, "anti shine" "pore reducer", if only it did what it said, it would indeed be a dream. I do love the fragrance, citrusy, kind of like "Happy" by Clinique. It foams up well, leaving my skin neither tight nor unclean, but after a few hours is when the oiliness kicks in. Unfortunate. I was using it in conjunction with the Biosource Clarifying toner (and the Biopur sos normalizing treatment) and thought that was the cause. I have scraped the entire line. I still broke out. Didn't prevent or shrink spots. I don't think it cleanses very well.