December 19, 2014 | 1305 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Lavender Vanilla

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yankee Candles are crap. Cheap, wax based product that smell like a gas station bathroom. They don't burn cleanly and don't last long. You will end up repainting your ceiling if you use them often.

Spend a little more and buy a nice soy based candle like Voluspa. Sure, it costs more but the scents are clean and luxurious.

cheap product and cheap quality

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by alannahmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

"An oasis of tranquility - the perfect mix of fresh lavender and warm vanilla with musk and bergamot" - i agree with this, you get a hit of beautiful fresh lavender then a hit of vanilla with the undertones of musk & bergamot. it's a beautiful summer evening candle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by michtou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the tumbler and let me just say MODERN DESIGN- it's about time, Yankee Candle! The unattractive country style of the large jar actually put me off buying your candles for a couple of years now. Even with a coupon, this is a bit of a splurge for me at the moment, so I was happy that the scent was true to what I sniffed cold in the shop. I was afraid that the vanilla would be too cloying and sweet and that the lavender would be too synthetic, but both scents are natural, warm & complementary.

The lavender is warm, rounded & soothing and the vanilla has a warm sweetness to it (I hesitate to use that word). I use it in my med-sized bedroom and it is strong w good throw. I don't think it would be bothersome to sensitive noses, though. It helps me concentrate when I work and yet gets me ready to settle into bed. I recommend this for men & women. Good luck!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the tart... instant HG status for me. I love the scent of lavender and picked this up today and melted it. It really scented the room nicely but was still very pleasant and soft. This is a perfect combo of clean lavender and sweet vanilla -- the sweetness of the vanilla tones down the lavender to create a very comforting and soft scent. The scent is heavenly and makes me think of birthday cake candles and Christmas cookies. I am definitely going to buy this one again as soon as I have a chance to buy more tarts in this scent! I'd recommend to anyone who likes lavender and/or vanilla. And if you're not sure if you like either, try this tart! It's worth a try :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best Scent for Night! I Love Lavender Vanilla sooooo much. The scent of Lavender really makes you feel calm and the mix with vanilla pairs perfectly with lavender. My Favorite Yankee Candle that really makes you feel relaxed.

Perfect mix of fresh lavender and warm vanilla with musk and bergamot.

I trim the wick every time before I light it.

I always use the yankee candle Illuma-Lid jar topper which is a lid you put on the jar candle to help the candle flame burn steadier while allowing superb distribution of the scent. also reduce the effects of drafts. The lids come in different cool paterns like angels, butterflies, and whatever designs are new, the coolest are Web Exclusive so shop online if you can!

when not using the candle I like to keep the real candle top on so the scent stays fresh like you just bought it.

I only like to buy the biggest jar (22oz) since you get the perfect amount of scent. another good one is the (22.7oz) Large Tumbler 2-wick candle.Very Good also is the Tart Wax Potpourri for my yankee candle Electric Tart Warmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SparklingMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous scent which have just discovered - has to be my all time favourite and I have tried many of the Yankee scents. Have only tried the wax tart to date, but am now off to purchase the 2 wick tumbler as it's a definite winner which hopefully won't be discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

I love this candle! It's the first I've ever tried from Yankee Candles and I know i'll be buying it over and over. I got the two-wick because of reading the reviews and I have to say that the throw is excellent. I like to burn it until the entire top is liquid, which makes the candle last longest and creates the best throw. I can usually smell it in my med-sized bedroom the next morning if I've lit this baby the night before. The smell is great--warm, vanilla-y but not too too sweet like some vanillas because of the lavender. I would definitely say that the majority of the scent is vanilla though. Highly recommended!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Definitely go for the 2-wick candle for the real fragrance I also found that the 1-wick candle was not the same, it was weak! I love this fragrance, its so relaxing and soft. What a great combo: vanilla & lavender, so peaceful and soft. I just discovered that my more than half burned candle smells burnt! There is some good fragrance left in it; however, it is not the same as it was when I first started burning it. This jar could just be a dud, I will not hesitate repurchasing - besides, Yankee has an excellent return/exchange policy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by BuckeyeMom4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this scent. My daughter convinced me to try it in a votive, and I purchased the large jar about three days later. This one even won my hubby over and he generally couldn't care less about what candle I'm burning. However...I do agree with sweetnsnooty. I think this candle probably has a better throw in a two wick jar. I have the one wick jar, and it does take some time for the scent strength to build in a room. Based on the scent alone, this candle is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sweetnsnooty

I do not like the smell of lavender on its own but with vanilla mixed in...mmm, divine! What a relaxing, soothing and calming fragrance this is, I just can't get enough! When lit, this candle smells like lavender sprinkled with vanilla, just enough to where the lavender is not overpowering. If you decide to get this candle, make sure to get the 2-wick jar, as the throw is a lot stronger. At first, I bought the large 1-wick jar and ended up returning it because I couldn't smell anything! The sales girl sold me on the 2-wick candle and am I grateful that I listened to her - I bought back-ups as well, just in case.