August 21, 2014 | 1348 users online

Toners - Thayers - Cucumber Witch Hazel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this more than the rose version which I have used for years. It soothes and softens my skin without breaking me out or clogging my pores. It helps decrease the redness in my cheeks and doesn't agitate my eczema. I like that it doesn't leave any residue on my skin. It feels refreshing when placed in the fridge during the hot summer months. I sometimes use this in the morning when I's too lazy to wash my face. It leaves my skin feeling and looking clean and is a good prep for my facial moisturizer. It is hard to locate where I am for some reason. It is usually out of stock and I can see why. I also only see the lemon, rose, lavender, and regular versions at my local beauty supply and health food stores. The cucumber is gentle if you can tolerate it. I have oily, but sensitive skin and this calms down the inflamation in my skin. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Peaches1234

This is best kept when stored a cool place or refridgerated.

I use this only during the warmer months.

I don't know why I like it so much. It could be because it's a non alcoholic toner or because the label on the packaging is beautiful.

The cucumber sent fades.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Based on reviews, I had high hopes for this toner. After using this just twice, it left my skin feeling a bit dry/tight & irritated throughout the day! I do have sensitive skin/oily & would not suggest this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Sugarbeam11

I haven't used toner in so long because most toners contain alcohol which my skin doesn't do well with my sensitive skin. I saw this at the store and saw that it was alcohol free so I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did!! The smell and the feel is so refreshing which I love!! I highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin. ^_^

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried both the Thayers Rose one and this.

The difference between the two, would firstly of course, be the fragrance. I do enjoy the smell of cucumber each time I use this, though the Rose one smells more girly/pretty.

Another difference that others have noted, is that the cucumber one doesn't leave a 'film' behind on your skin. After sweeping across with a cotton square, your face feels really clean and it takes off all the excess oils/dirt. The rose one does clean too, but it leaves an almost imperceptible film behind, though I don't mind it as I think it's moisturising.

The cucumber one has more of a refreshing feel, but I feel the rose one makes my skin look softer.

Also, sometimes when I use this, it irritates the sensitive areas of my skin a little but the redness and feeling disappears after a few minutes. My skin is back to normal then. I am not sure why this is so but I read on someone's review on another website that Thayers changed the formula of the grapefruit extract which acts as a preservative, so this could be the cause. This didn't happen with the rose one which was from an older batch. I wouldn't mind re-purchasing Thayers Cucumber toner again if the newer batch doesn't irritate my skin at all.

Overall, still a very good toner that isn't too expensive. Worth trying if you are on the lookout for a toner.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by bubbelytoes

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this on my body directly after showering, before lotion. My skin is less itchy, more hydrated, and smoother when I use this. A little goes a long way, and it's cheap to boot. Double win!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This toner reduce the tightness feel of my skin after cleansing and makes my skin feel fresh and cool. Did not irritate my skin at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first Thayers toner. The cucumber version is very moisturizing & it works well to remove the last of my makeup. IDK if I would get this again, mostly because I don't need additional moisture & sometimes need a toner to help treat blemishes. But overall, it's a very nice product

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have recently purchases this product. What caught my eye was the packaging, it was rather odd I thought. Very masculine and it does seem like it would be something to use in your beauty routine. But ever since I bought it I am satisfied! I use it for my face mostly, after washing and scribing my face lightly to remove dead skin cells I use cotton balls and massage this product on my whole face and neck as well. It closes pores reduces swelling due to acne or even bug bites and it smells nice. I did purchase again and now I incorporate with product in my beauty routine. Worth the buy! Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Skinbox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin and was in the market for gentle, natural, toner. I have not had a single problem with this one. It leaves a cool refreshing feeling upon application that feels amazing in the summer. Overall, very nice. Repurchasing.