December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Toners - Thayers - Cucumber Witch Hazel

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Grey3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the Thayers Lavender, which is very gentle and smells nice, but got the Cucumber for a change.

Only 3 lippies as I found the cucumber one irritated my face and made it red and tingly (not in a good way) straight away. (I never have that with the lavender one)
The smell is extremely strong, so If you like the smell of raw real cucumber all over your face you will love this one.
This is not like products that say they have cucumber in them but dont smell of it. This one is the real deal with the real smell.

I passed this on to my sister, who also said the smell is a bit overpowering and it stings her eyes, but otherwise she found it very refreashing as a toner, but wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm simplifying my beauty regime and realise I cannot afford to keep using Elemis Apricot toner which is ideal for my sensitive oily/combo skin and gives me a lovely natural glow. I've been looking into substitutes to alternate with my pure Rosewater toner and also use as a facial mist and it looks like this might be it. I picked up a bottle of over 300ml for about 12 UK pounds and I've been using it all this week. It's a moisturising toner so you have to go easy otherwise it feels like it leaves a residue. The fragrance is real cucumber not the synthetic version which I'm used to (and weirdly prefer!) but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Doesn't seem to have clogged any pores yet. Will update in a few weeks. UPDATE: I like this toner but I'm not sure it leaves my face as clean as my other toners (Elemis Apricot, pure rosewater). I can't get used to the slight tackiness that it leaves. For this reason I probably won't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this more than the rose version which I have used for years. It soothes and softens my skin without breaking me out or clogging my pores. It helps decrease the redness in my cheeks and doesn't agitate my eczema. I like that it doesn't leave any residue on my skin. It feels refreshing when placed in the fridge during the hot summer months. I sometimes use this in the morning when I's too lazy to wash my face. It leaves my skin feeling and looking clean and is a good prep for my facial moisturizer. It is hard to locate where I am for some reason. It is usually out of stock and I can see why. I also only see the lemon, rose, lavender, and regular versions at my local beauty supply and health food stores. The cucumber is gentle if you can tolerate it. I have oily, but sensitive skin and this calms down the inflamation in my skin. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Peaches1234

This is best kept when stored a cool place or refridgerated.

I use this only during the warmer months.

I don't know why I like it so much. It could be because it's a non alcoholic toner or because the label on the packaging is beautiful.

The cucumber sent fades.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Based on reviews, I had high hopes for this toner. After using this just twice, it left my skin feeling a bit dry/tight & irritated throughout the day! I do have sensitive skin/oily & would not suggest this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Sugarbeam11

I haven't used toner in so long because most toners contain alcohol which my skin doesn't do well with my sensitive skin. I saw this at the store and saw that it was alcohol free so I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did!! The smell and the feel is so refreshing which I love!! I highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin. ^_^

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried both the Thayers Rose one and this.

The difference between the two, would firstly of course, be the fragrance. I do enjoy the smell of cucumber each time I use this, though the Rose one smells more girly/pretty.

Another difference that others have noted, is that the cucumber one doesn't leave a 'film' behind on your skin. After sweeping across with a cotton square, your face feels really clean and it takes off all the excess oils/dirt. The rose one does clean too, but it leaves an almost imperceptible film behind, though I don't mind it as I think it's moisturising.

The cucumber one has more of a refreshing feel, but I feel the rose one makes my skin look softer.

Also, sometimes when I use this, it irritates the sensitive areas of my skin a little but the redness and feeling disappears after a few minutes. My skin is back to normal then. I am not sure why this is so but I read on someone's review on another website that Thayers changed the formula of the grapefruit extract which acts as a preservative, so this could be the cause. This didn't happen with the rose one which was from an older batch. I wouldn't mind re-purchasing Thayers Cucumber toner again if the newer batch doesn't irritate my skin at all.

Overall, still a very good toner that isn't too expensive. Worth trying if you are on the lookout for a toner.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by bubbelytoes

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this on my body directly after showering, before lotion. My skin is less itchy, more hydrated, and smoother when I use this. A little goes a long way, and it's cheap to boot. Double win!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This toner reduce the tightness feel of my skin after cleansing and makes my skin feel fresh and cool. Did not irritate my skin at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first Thayers toner. The cucumber version is very moisturizing & it works well to remove the last of my makeup. IDK if I would get this again, mostly because I don't need additional moisture & sometimes need a toner to help treat blemishes. But overall, it's a very nice product

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No