October 25, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lipstick - Lime Crime - Candyfuture Lipstick - All Shades

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought these because of the hype but honestly I think its hyped up and a lot of peoples review are because of the hype which was what my friend and I was like when we first bought it. We went to imats and about all the pink colours but since it was imats and there was a huge line we couldnt test it out properly.

At first we were really impressed by the hype and was kind of blinded which we now both agree. We were super amazed by the packaging like a lot of other youtubers and the colour looked super nice. We thought it was super pigmented and i tried to wear 'great pink planet' on a daily basis but later we were talking about our purchased and came to realise a whole different impression.

First of all the packaging is quite light and cheap feeling/looking. The plastic on the lid is thin and my Geradium lipstick tube isnt smooth to twist and comparing to the Mac lipsticks the packaging isnt that good of a quality. Mac lipsticks turn smoothly but the lime crime doesnt. Well enough with the packaging...

The formula isnt very flattering to dry lips or wrinkles. If you want to wear a thin layer to make it more wearable, the colour payoff isnt good and becomes patchy and the formula is drying. Everyone says how creamy it is but we didnt experience that unless you put on a thick layer which isnt what you want with colours like these. I honestly really wanted to love them but I found that with a oily lip balm (kiehls lip balm) underneath it makes the lipstick way better to apply and more appealing. It looks like a super pigmented lipgloss but wont last as good.

The biggest bummer we both hated were that it stained super bad. It stains the dry flakey skin bright fluro red/pink and since its the flakey skin its all patchy and you will have to peel the skin off or wait a few days (its gross but thats what keeps happening) Make sure you dont have flakey or dry lips. If you just always have dry lips like me just avoid it because even like lip balm it will eventually wear off and you lips will becomes dry again and the lip stick will sink into lines and as it is bright it becomes obvious. I didnt find the lip stick to have much of a gloss and seems more matte than glossy.

Their is not a huge range of wearable colours so I dont have much use of them but you can use them like stains if you use an oily lip balm. If you use a waxy lip balm it can make the lip stick patchy and have a bright ring around your lips when you press your lips together.. if you know what i mean. The lipstick will gather around the edge of your lips which i didnt have much of a problem with my other lipsticks.

I dont want to be so negative but its what i experienced after being blinded by the hype. They are creamy but on the drier side and its strange that i havent heard people say anything about the staining so maybe its only me. I think the packaging is childish now that i think about it with all the stars and stuff but it isnt that bad. Its also doesnt feel very strudy either.

its just extremely unattractive on dry lips and most colours are not very wearable if you like natural makeup. I just wouldnt purchase again and I definitely regret buying more than 1 of these. At least they were not as expensive as mac lipsticks. I just feel like the quality of these lipsticks are cheaper than the price and most of the expenses goes to the unique packaging and goodwill of the company rather than the quality. And i can find cheaper priced lipstick with the same or even better quality at Priceline.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased Cosmopop and My Beautiful Rocket. Although I was aware of the controversy and some unethical business practices on the part of the company owner, I bought these anyway against my better judgement because I love oranges and had not seen any color like Cosmopop. These lipsticks come in a lilac/pink tube embossed with a silver holographic unicorn. I found this to be really tacky and unappealing. But, to each his own. I also was surprised at the weight of the lipstick in my hand-they seemed very light compared to other high-end lipsticks I own and reminded me more of the weight of a Wet n' Wild lipstick, for example.

I used Cosmopop with a nude liner and lipbalm. It applied very streakily and had to be built up for opacity. This was really disappointing particularly due to the company's claims about the lipsticks. I also noticed that after a few minutes, like many other reviews below pointed out, this became dry and almost uncomfortable. This did not wear well throughout the day and showed every crack and flake in my lips. I also thought that the color did not look anything like the swatches online and that it just appeared to be a whitened orange with not much dimension. It also made my teeth look very yellow, I noticed. Upon some further review, it would appear that most photos of the lipsticks posted on social media by the company appear to be photoshopped. This is very irksome to me and unethical. When I applied My Beautiful Rocket, it also did not look like the swatches online and seemed to be not as bright and more...autumn orange. It seemed to be a bit more moisturizing at first but then I had the same issues with flaking and drying. It did not wear well at all and to me the color was not very unique. I would hazard a guess that these lipstick contain too much pigment instead of other necessary ingredients (as the original claim by the company was that these are highly pigmented) but this just makes them feel like a cheap low end lipstick. To be honest, there are far better drugstore lipsticks than these, such as NYX. These are highly disappointing and I would not purchase these again, particularly since they are now $18. There are other companies, like OCC and Kat Von D, that make unusual and bright lipsticks with better quality and packaging. They need to be completely reformulated and I hope that the company takes heed of some of these issues.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Behemath

I bought this lipstick in the colour 'Geradium'. Two words; massive disappointment. The swatches in Lime Crime's photos are so deceiving, the colour in the pictures looks like a lovely pinky coral colour, when in fact it is a very bright, garish neon pink. The lipstick in the swatches also looks very creamy, smooth and moisture rich, whereas in real life the lipstick is terrible! It is so drying and I can only compare it to a crayon. Such a rubbish lipstick, I've never worn it once because it is so dry and horrible, it is unwearable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I have these in Cosmopop and coquette.They are gorgeous .Well pigmented,lovely and creamy,great staying power.I just love the texture of these lipsticks. I don't find them at all drying.They really seem to plump up lips too.Cosmopop is a peachy orange and is quite bright.Coquette is my favourite.It's more of a nude peach, it's just stunning These two colours also look great together.Funky bright purple packaging, reasonably priced ,well worth a shot.There's a colour for everyone,be it sublte or dramatic.Black anyone?Not for me but it's there if you want it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by CestBelle97

NO NO NO NO NO. bought these from the website for 16 dollars. Huge waste of money. While the colours are nice and unique, these were impossible to wear. It took about 10 swipes to get passable coverage on my lips, and they were so thick and drying that i couldn't wear them. I think that the reason that they are so thick and drying is because the ratio of base to mica is off. I guess in the race to make the most pigmented lipstick ever, lime crimes "lab" forgot about quality. no me gusta.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by misseevie

I think the colours of these lipsticks are fantastic, and they look stunning for the first hour of use, but unfortunately the formula is extremely drying over time.

I have Centrifuchsia, My Beautiful Rocket and Airborne Unicorn, and love the shade of all three colours.

They come out beautifully pigmented and are easy to achieve an even consistent coating with a few swipes. They appear a little glossy and look fantastic for the first half hour to hour of wearing.

My only complaint is how the formula behaves after the first hour - it dries up terribly on my lips. Within two hours my lips are dry, wrinkly and flaky. The colour sort of solidifies and becomes matte. I have tried applying different moisturisers on bare lips first (for example normal facial moisturiser, pawpaw ointment, Malin & Goetz mojito lip conditioner which is extremely moisturising) and it makes little difference. Within an hour the colour is certainly still there but so dry and flaky that it looks bad. In fairness, other highly pigmented lipsticks I have used are drying too, but not as bad as these.

I don't wear these lipsticks to work or out for long periods of time because of the inevitable drying up and flakiness, so mine only get used when I'm going out for shorter periods like 2 or 3 hours.

Overall - the colours themselves are lovely, they look great for an hour or so, but the drying up after an hour limits their use. I'm happy to use them for short trips out but will go for my NARS pure matte lipsticks if I want long wearing intense lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by bbgold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great lipstick, highly pigmented with a smooth and creamy texture and finish.
I found it difficult to find places that stock these products in Australia and then I came across, Discount Beauty Boutique, life saver!

www.discountbeautyboutique.com.au/

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in Glamour and Retrofuturist. They are such nice colours, both complementing my skin. I always have been a sucker for nice reds. But both colours seem to bleed out very badly, which I am not fond of. I don't carry a lipliner on me everyday, so it's kind of a pain to re-apply them, being afraid of the feathering. I admit I love the tube. It's so cute overall. Taste of the lipsticks are okay, doesn't bother me. I like the stain they leave on the lips. Afterall, I usually go for red shades, so red stains are a plus for me. Though, they are on the pricey end, so I don't think I will re-purchase them in the future. I prefer Velvetines to be honest. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Geradium, because the swatch I kept seeing online was to die for.
I bought it on eBay at $16 + shipping, which is really not bad at all. I was a bit worried because I also read reviews that mentioned the texture being streaky and uneven, but luckily that was not the case.

I will start by saying that no, the color is not identical with the swatch you see online. But, it's pretty close. The white pigment is not that obvious, and the shade leans a bit more coral.
However, it's a beautiful shade, that makes my whole face come alive. It's a gorgeous bright pink with a hint of coral, that doesn't shift through the day and doesn't become deeper/redder.

It reminds me a lot of MAC's Amplified formula: same scent, same coverage, even application, same lasting power, non-drying. In fact, the lasting power is impressive - 6 hours after I applied it, it still looked the same. It stained my lips so well, that it was still there after lunch, just wore off a bit in the center of my lips, but I didn't have to reapply! I just added some lip gloss, rubbed my lips together and voila, I looked just applied!

All in all, a wonderful product! I may buy other shades, I love it so much :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by ventricle

Favourite lipsticks ever, and basically the only ones I wear. I own Coquette, Cosmopop, Glamour 101, Retrofuturist, Chinchilla, D'lilac, Poisonberry, and Great Pink Planet. I don't really like how the company mis-represent the colors in their photos though, as all the photos the company puts out are editted.

Coquette would be nicer if it wasn't as dark, and as orange. Perfect coverage though. Photos made it look A LOT paler than it really is.

Cosmopop I never really wear, but the coverage isn't as great, and they color isn't that nice with my very pale skin, but would look amazing on dark skin. The photos made it look paler and muted.

Glamour 101 isn't as vibrant and dark as the photos led me to believe, but has nice coverage.

Retrofururist is just a generic red, and could easily be duped. Nice coverage though, again, doesn't look the same as the photo - not as vibrant, and not as pink - it's more orangey red than pinkish red.

Chinchilla isn't "grey with purple undertones," it's purple. Darker than the photos.

D'lilac is nice, and paler than the photos. Nice coverage.

Poisonberry is similar to the photos, put like the reds, easily duped. Horrible coverage. Wouldn't recommend to my worse enemy.

And finally, Great Pink Planet. This is a nice color, similar to the photos, probably a bit paler though, but the coverage isn't very nice at all. Probably easily duped.

Try to find user photos and reviews of the lipsticks before you buy, the photos from limecrime of it on the lips are highly inaccurate, and have been photoshopped. Regardless, the ones that DO have nice coverage, are lovely, and I always wear them (especially couquette, which is a great everyday lipstick for pale skin.)

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No