August 21, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lipstick - Lime Crime - Candyfuture Lipstick - All Shades

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I have these in Cosmopop and coquette.They are gorgeous .Well pigmented,lovely and creamy,great staying power.I just love the texture of these lipsticks. I don't find them at all drying.They really seem to plump up lips too.Cosmopop is a peachy orange and is quite bright.Coquette is my favourite.It's more of a nude peach, it's just stunning These two colours also look great together.Funky bright purple packaging, reasonably priced ,well worth a shot.There's a colour for everyone,be it sublte or dramatic.Black anyone?Not for me but it's there if you want it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by CestBelle97

NO NO NO NO NO. bought these from the website for 16 dollars. Huge waste of money. While the colours are nice and unique, these were impossible to wear. It took about 10 swipes to get passable coverage on my lips, and they were so thick and drying that i couldn't wear them. I think that the reason that they are so thick and drying is because the ratio of base to mica is off. I guess in the race to make the most pigmented lipstick ever, lime crimes "lab" forgot about quality. no me gusta.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by misseevie

I think the colours of these lipsticks are fantastic, and they look stunning for the first hour of use, but unfortunately the formula is extremely drying over time.

I have Centrifuchsia, My Beautiful Rocket and Airborne Unicorn, and love the shade of all three colours.

They come out beautifully pigmented and are easy to achieve an even consistent coating with a few swipes. They appear a little glossy and look fantastic for the first half hour to hour of wearing.

My only complaint is how the formula behaves after the first hour - it dries up terribly on my lips. Within two hours my lips are dry, wrinkly and flaky. The colour sort of solidifies and becomes matte. I have tried applying different moisturisers on bare lips first (for example normal facial moisturiser, pawpaw ointment, Malin & Goetz mojito lip conditioner which is extremely moisturising) and it makes little difference. Within an hour the colour is certainly still there but so dry and flaky that it looks bad. In fairness, other highly pigmented lipsticks I have used are drying too, but not as bad as these.

I don't wear these lipsticks to work or out for long periods of time because of the inevitable drying up and flakiness, so mine only get used when I'm going out for shorter periods like 2 or 3 hours.

Overall - the colours themselves are lovely, they look great for an hour or so, but the drying up after an hour limits their use. I'm happy to use them for short trips out but will go for my NARS pure matte lipsticks if I want long wearing intense lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by bbgold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great lipstick, highly pigmented with a smooth and creamy texture and finish.
I found it difficult to find places that stock these products in Australia and then I came across, Discount Beauty Boutique, life saver!

www.discountbeautyboutique.com.au/

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in Glamour and Retrofuturist. They are such nice colours, both complementing my skin. I always have been a sucker for nice reds. But both colours seem to bleed out very badly, which I am not fond of. I don't carry a lipliner on me everyday, so it's kind of a pain to re-apply them, being afraid of the feathering. I admit I love the tube. It's so cute overall. Taste of the lipsticks are okay, doesn't bother me. I like the stain they leave on the lips. Afterall, I usually go for red shades, so red stains are a plus for me. Though, they are on the pricey end, so I don't think I will re-purchase them in the future. I prefer Velvetines to be honest. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Geradium, because the swatch I kept seeing online was to die for.
I bought it on eBay at $16 + shipping, which is really not bad at all. I was a bit worried because I also read reviews that mentioned the texture being streaky and uneven, but luckily that was not the case.

I will start by saying that no, the color is not identical with the swatch you see online. But, it's pretty close. The white pigment is not that obvious, and the shade leans a bit more coral.
However, it's a beautiful shade, that makes my whole face come alive. It's a gorgeous bright pink with a hint of coral, that doesn't shift through the day and doesn't become deeper/redder.

It reminds me a lot of MAC's Amplified formula: same scent, same coverage, even application, same lasting power, non-drying. In fact, the lasting power is impressive - 6 hours after I applied it, it still looked the same. It stained my lips so well, that it was still there after lunch, just wore off a bit in the center of my lips, but I didn't have to reapply! I just added some lip gloss, rubbed my lips together and voila, I looked just applied!

All in all, a wonderful product! I may buy other shades, I love it so much :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by ventricle

Favourite lipsticks ever, and basically the only ones I wear. I own Coquette, Cosmopop, Glamour 101, Retrofuturist, Chinchilla, D'lilac, Poisonberry, and Great Pink Planet. I don't really like how the company mis-represent the colors in their photos though, as all the photos the company puts out are editted.

Coquette would be nicer if it wasn't as dark, and as orange. Perfect coverage though. Photos made it look A LOT paler than it really is.

Cosmopop I never really wear, but the coverage isn't as great, and they color isn't that nice with my very pale skin, but would look amazing on dark skin. The photos made it look paler and muted.

Glamour 101 isn't as vibrant and dark as the photos led me to believe, but has nice coverage.

Retrofururist is just a generic red, and could easily be duped. Nice coverage though, again, doesn't look the same as the photo - not as vibrant, and not as pink - it's more orangey red than pinkish red.

Chinchilla isn't "grey with purple undertones," it's purple. Darker than the photos.

D'lilac is nice, and paler than the photos. Nice coverage.

Poisonberry is similar to the photos, put like the reds, easily duped. Horrible coverage. Wouldn't recommend to my worse enemy.

And finally, Great Pink Planet. This is a nice color, similar to the photos, probably a bit paler though, but the coverage isn't very nice at all. Probably easily duped.

Try to find user photos and reviews of the lipsticks before you buy, the photos from limecrime of it on the lips are highly inaccurate, and have been photoshopped. Regardless, the ones that DO have nice coverage, are lovely, and I always wear them (especially couquette, which is a great everyday lipstick for pale skin.)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: The more I buy the more I see that not all of them have the same consistency, some aren't as pigmented and opaque as claimed to be. A good update, a few of them aren't as soft and breakable as others! Still do like these though.

I "like" these lipsticks, not love. They smell nice and go on nice (I didn't find them to be streaky at all), and are extremely pigmented as advertised plus I adore the colors and the packaging. I can't decide if the cons out do the pros. They're very soft and if not handled verry gently will break. They're a bit drying and staying power... not amazing. I probably will end up getting more as I'm not terribly bothered by the drying and having to be gentle, but for the price you'd expect more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Loooove Lime Crime lipsticks. The colours are exactly what you see is what you get. They go on very creamy & the packaging is super cute. I wouldnt recommend using this if you have chapped lips though as it will most definitely catch & intensify them. I have 3 shades including cosmopop & croquette & although they can be quite in your face for some, you can easily dumb them down.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this lipstick in Airborne Unicorn, a really pretty purple shade. I absolutely adored the shade, it has to be said. I do think it's very unique and have yet to find a match in any other brand (though a couple of MAC shades are close-ish, and could be mixed to something similar). The packaging of the Lime Crime lipsticks is, to me, cute and fun, and I had no issues with it. The lipstick itself smells of vanilla, very similar to MAC, which I guess is what they were going for. Unfortunately, here ends the positive part of the review. The lipstick itself applys with great opacity, and looks great on, however it is immensely drying and has no lasting power. When it fades, it fades out very patchily and obviously, needing swift topup so you don't look ridiculous. It feels creamy and pleasant to apply, but quickly feels unpleasant on the lips and you can never really forget you're wearing it, like you can with most lipsticks. Lastly, it's very transferrable, so you need to take a lot of care not to brush it even slightly because it will stain and smear. Therefore, much as I loved the shade, I swapped this away since it was unbearably uncomfortable for me to wear. I wouldn't try another of the Lime Crime lipsticks since I've heard this is one of the best shades - too expensive for that kind of quality.

As for the company controversy, I purchased the lipstick before being privy to that drama. While they do seem to have gotten over the worst of their behaviours, my own experience with them has not been stellar - I made a polite, pretty innocuous post on their Facebook page about having problems with this lipstick and was banned! O_o

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No