Lime Crime Candyfuture Lipstick - All Shades

2.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

(NOTE: This is a review of the PRODUCT, not a review of the company. I purchase my LC items through third parties on eBay or Amazon using gift cards or PayPal.) I have this product in Oh No She Didn't, Stiletto, and Chinchilla. While none of them are everyday, casual-friendly colors, I've worn all of them multiple times now. This is probably the creamiest, goopiest lipstick I've ever used. The scent is pleasant, but the lipstick never really sets at all. (A problem I've had with vivid colors in other brands, however.) It's like half lipgloss, half lipstick - maybe it would be better described as an uber-pigmented opaque lipgloss? The colors are the saving grace, as is so very often the case with bright lipstick. I purchased dupes for Poisonberry and Serpentina (from Cover Girl and Manic Panic) and have had better experiences with those, though they're both metallic colors, not cream. Personally, Stiletto is especially a lot of hassle - grab the Black Velvet in the Velvetines if you want a black, black lip and just put a shiny lipgloss over it for the same look. I would repurchase Chinchilla or Oh No She Didn't simply because they're too unique, but I don't think I'll be buying any additional colors.

on 3/9/2015 11:50:00 AM

Most over hyped, over priced product out there, and then the fraudulent actives that have surfaced alongside this companies completely unethical approach to business. Absolutely appalled! Stay well away beauties!

on 3/9/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bye bye limeCRIME. The most fraudulent company to ever exist.

on 1/5/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this lipstick. I have Coquette, and it's such a beautiful nude/neutral colour.
It really is quite pigmented and has full coverage, so it is thick and creamy. A lot of people say it is quite drying, but I don't find that to be too much of a problem. Because it is a lighter colour, I have to make sure that I exfoliate and moisturize my lips before I put it on, that really helps the product go on smoothly and look flawless.
At first I wasn't sure how it would look on my face. I have Asian skin, not meaning that i'm fair, but i'm tanned and I was skeptical, but the colour is really growing on me. The price isn't too bad, so I may or may not purchase this again. This is my first time experimenting with this kind of colour, so i'll have to wait and see.

on 1/2/2015 3:20:00 AM

I have 3 shades of this lipstick. Retrofuturist, Poisonberry & Centrifuschia. These are all easy to apply and slightly creamy. Very comfortable. They are a Lipstain mix so they aren't transfer proof but they do stain the lips. Gorgeous colours. Great packaging. I bought these on sale and are the only lipsticks i will wear as i haven't found any that are comfortable. cheaper than MAC if you are is Aus.

on 12/31/2014 2:51:00 PM

I am truly in love with the lipstick colors by Lime Crime. I got My Beautiful Rocket because I wanted a "true" orange lipstick. Those available in the market usually have a tinge of red...so I was glad to have found this.

The color is absolutely lovely - received many compliments as well. Sadly, it never fail to make my lips dry and peel after a few hours of wearing so I have to exfoliate and moisturize my lips before usage to combat the problem. I'll still be using it as often because of the fantastic colour payoff...ha!

on 12/30/2014 12:59:00 AM

UGH, this product makes me cringe. I expected this lipstick to be so creamy and glide on smoothly onto my lips, but I was wrong! This is such a drying lipstick that tugs on my lips every time i try to apply it. I have the shade babette and I look dead with this lipstick on. These lipsticks are just too overhype. Also, when I dropped my lipstick like 2 feet off the ground, the packaging broke. Even my cheap old wet n wild lipstick doesn't break when I drop it. SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT!

on 12/26/2014 8:02:00 AM

I bought this lipstick in Coquette thinking it was a very pale "blank out" nude. It's actually much, much darker than the swatch on the website and very peachy. The lipstick smells like a MAC lipstick but with a bit more of a chemically smell. I can't quite place it.
It's a very thick product and clings to every dry patch and crease in my lips. The color is very flattering on my fair skin but only lasts about 1-2 hours.
These lipsticks are not worth the nearly $20 that they cost, I can find better ones at the drugstore.

on 10/9/2014 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought these because of the hype but honestly I think its hyped up and a lot of peoples review are because of the hype which was what my friend and I was like when we first bought it. We went to imats and about all the pink colours but since it was imats and there was a huge line we couldnt test it out properly.

At first we were really impressed by the hype and was kind of blinded which we now both agree. We were super amazed by the packaging like a lot of other youtubers and the colour looked super nice. We thought it was super pigmented and i tried to wear 'great pink planet' on a daily basis but later we were talking about our purchased and came to realise a whole different impression.

First of all the packaging is quite light and cheap feeling/looking. The plastic on the lid is thin and my Geradium lipstick tube isnt smooth to twist and comparing to the Mac lipsticks the packaging isnt that good of a quality. Mac lipsticks turn smoothly but the lime crime doesnt. Well enough with the packaging...

The formula isnt very flattering to dry lips or wrinkles. If you want to wear a thin layer to make it more wearable, the colour payoff isnt good and becomes patchy and the formula is drying. Everyone says how creamy it is but we didnt experience that unless you put on a thick layer which isnt what you want with colours like these. I honestly really wanted to love them but I found that with a oily lip balm (kiehls lip balm) underneath it makes the lipstick way better to apply and more appealing. It looks like a super pigmented lipgloss but wont last as good.

The biggest bummer we both hated were that it stained super bad. It stains the dry flakey skin bright fluro red/pink and since its the flakey skin its all patchy and you will have to peel the skin off or wait a few days (its gross but thats what keeps happening) Make sure you dont have flakey or dry lips. If you just always have dry lips like me just avoid it because even like lip balm it will eventually wear off and you lips will becomes dry again and the lip stick will sink into lines and as it is bright it becomes obvious. I didnt find the lip stick to have much of a gloss and seems more matte than glossy.

Their is not a huge range of wearable colours so I dont have much use of them but you can use them like stains if you use an oily lip balm. If you use a waxy lip balm it can make the lip stick patchy and have a bright ring around your lips when you press your lips together.. if you know what i mean. The lipstick will gather around the edge of your lips which i didnt have much of a problem with my other lipsticks.

I dont want to be so negative but its what i experienced after being blinded by the hype. They are creamy but on the drier side and its strange that i havent heard people say anything about the staining so maybe its only me. I think the packaging is childish now that i think about it with all the stars and stuff but it isnt that bad. Its also doesnt feel very strudy either.

its just extremely unattractive on dry lips and most colours are not very wearable if you like natural makeup. I just wouldnt purchase again and I definitely regret buying more than 1 of these. At least they were not as expensive as mac lipsticks. I just feel like the quality of these lipsticks are cheaper than the price and most of the expenses goes to the unique packaging and goodwill of the company rather than the quality. And i can find cheaper priced lipstick with the same or even better quality at Priceline.

on 9/1/2014 9:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I purchased Cosmopop and My Beautiful Rocket. Although I was aware of the controversy and some unethical business practices on the part of the company owner, I bought these anyway against my better judgement because I love oranges and had not seen any color like Cosmopop. These lipsticks come in a lilac/pink tube embossed with a silver holographic unicorn. I found this to be really tacky and unappealing. But, to each his own. I also was surprised at the weight of the lipstick in my hand-they seemed very light compared to other high-end lipsticks I own and reminded me more of the weight of a Wet n' Wild lipstick, for example.

I used Cosmopop with a nude liner and lipbalm. It applied very streakily and had to be built up for opacity. This was really disappointing particularly due to the company's claims about the lipsticks. I also noticed that after a few minutes, like many other reviews below pointed out, this became dry and almost uncomfortable. This did not wear well throughout the day and showed every crack and flake in my lips. I also thought that the color did not look anything like the swatches online and that it just appeared to be a whitened orange with not much dimension. It also made my teeth look very yellow, I noticed. Upon some further review, it would appear that most photos of the lipsticks posted on social media by the company appear to be photoshopped. This is very irksome to me and unethical. When I applied My Beautiful Rocket, it also did not look like the swatches online and seemed to be not as bright and more...autumn orange. It seemed to be a bit more moisturizing at first but then I had the same issues with flaking and drying. It did not wear well at all and to me the color was not very unique. I would hazard a guess that these lipstick contain too much pigment instead of other necessary ingredients (as the original claim by the company was that these are highly pigmented) but this just makes them feel like a cheap low end lipstick. To be honest, there are far better drugstore lipsticks than these, such as NYX. These are highly disappointing and I would not purchase these again, particularly since they are now $18. There are other companies, like OCC and Kat Von D, that make unusual and bright lipsticks with better quality and packaging. They need to be completely reformulated and I hope that the company takes heed of some of these issues.

Popular Lipsticks