July 24, 2014 | 1657 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I am not by nature a high-end makeup kinda gal. But this was recently on offer on Feel Unique and as I had some pennies burning a hole in my pocket, I thought I'd splash the cash and give it a go. Sadly like a number of other reviewers here, I didn't like this at first and thought I'd wasted my money, finding it too thick to work with in my under eye area. But also like others I've persevered and have worked out the best way to use it for me. And now I really like it!

I find the best way for me is to apply a couple of very small dots to the darker areas of my under eye and then leave them for about a minute to warm up (I usually do my eye makeup or something whilst I'm waiting). After that, I gently tap at it to spread it out and work at it gently until it's evenly distributed and looking smooth.

This leaves my under eye area looking really light and dewy and best of all it lasts all day. I don't use this as a concealer on the rest of my face however as I find it's a bit too 'sparkly' for that and does have a tendency to leave odd looking light patches no matter how much you try and blend it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by fashionjunkie90

I hated this concealer at first, found it too thick to work with, especially for under eye area. Then I learnt how to use it, using a deluxe crease brush from Real Techniques, gently dab it on the under eye area and start to blend and do the same for an breakout you have on your face and it does wonders! it definitely covers without looking cakey if you use this brush. Its expensive but you only need a tiny bit to work with since its sooo pigmented so its worth it in the long run!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is true love - now I have worked out how to use it properly on me...

Yes it is expensive but truly the teeniest-tiniest bit goes such a long way I can see this being with me for nearly forever. Love the tube packaging and hygenic nozzle. I'm NC15 and 001 Ivory is perfect for me.

It took me a few attempts to master the best most foolproof and flawless application for this product. I apply a little (tiny) dollop in my palm and warm up, then dot on very lightly under my eyes and blend in with my fingers. I have found this goes on best before foundation while skin is still slightly moist from face cream or primer. Once patted in and given a few minutes to set while I do eye makeup I can easily apply foundation over the top with no chance of caking up or balling with another liquid.

Oh and it stays in place and lasts all day looking smooth...

(Arm swatch above is 001 Ivoire/Ivory)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by beautysign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite concealer, it covers spots, evens skin tone,disguises pores and gives a flawless, glowing, dewy finish. I use both the lightest shade number 1 and the medium number 2 depending on if I'm wearing fake tan. It only comes in three shades , which isn't ideal. It is quite expensive , but a little bit does go a long way. Another thing you can do is mix it with your foundation, to give an all over full coverage. It is a thick concealer, which can make it difficult to work with but I have such problem skin, I need a substantial concealer. I use a concealer brush to apply it which makes it easier to work with.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This concealer is horrible for the high price. It was to thick and hard to spread and doesn't blend well. It also caused breakouts where I needed to conceal like my hyperpigmentation and acne scars. It was also bad for under the eye to thick,cakey and creased up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by LivingItUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the packaging! This is a good light concealer for days where I don't need or want a lot of coverage. I found a great color for me in 'ivory', however, there are only a couple colors... If you don't have bad dark circles but just want some coverage and a bit of brightening. Thumbs up!

Edit: New favourite thing to do... Dior Nude concealer on the general area, then a more pigmented concealer just on the darker spots.

Coverage: Light
Texture: Light
Crease: No
Drying: No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Ruby_Red

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hello holy grail concealer, I'm glad I finally found you!!!

Seriously, I am in love. I like keep my face makeup light and usually just wear a tinted moisturizer, but I need some extra help for dark circles and the occasional zit. I've been going through concealers trying to find one that covers well, without looking too much like a mask, for years. All of them have been either too heavy, too drying, didn't blend well, settled into creases, etc, etc, etc. You know what I mean, I'm sure.

Not this one! It just melts into my skin, even when dabbed on with my finger (which is a necessity for me, I'm too lazy for most makeup brushes for everyday use.) I put the tiniest bit of this on my undereye circles and you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup. I just magically look more awake and fresh. Dabbing it on blemishes & the little red areas around my nose doesn't cover them completely, but seems to blur them and makes them way less visible... So it still looks like my skin, just sooooo much better than before.

I haven't had any problems at all with this concealer settling into fine lines, and it wears well on me. I am also mildly to moderately oily, and this doesn't give me any problems with shininess at all. I honestly can't even tell I have anything on, even hours after I've applied.

I definitely don't think that this concealer is for everyone, and those that prefer heavier coverage should absolutely steer clear. But for me, this is absolutely perfect, and the stuff that beauty dreams are made of.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Light concealer that's suitable for dry skin types, this concealer provides light coverage but you can build it up to a medium is you use a little more product. This doesn't get cakey and goes on really well, but does crease a little in de fine lines under my eyes. The reason that I would't buy it again is that lately I prefer a little more coverage underneath my eyes, and I am not so happy with the color sellection. I bought this the first time in #003 Sand but that was to dark for me so I got #002 Beige which is a better match for my NC30 skintone. But I did not think the color really suited my yellow undertones and I can't find a perfect match in this concealer. This is not a bad product if you are looking for something natural and you can find a good shade match, but I prefer a little more coverage and a different undertone to suit my complexion better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

It's a decent concealer.
I'm not saying this is the holy grail concealer, but I do like it.
I set this concealer with my Sisley setting power, so it doesn't crease.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Creases like a...yeah. Twelve letters. Sounds like "brothertrucker". If you're that keen on owning something with DIOR slapped on it, may I suggest pretty much anything else from the line? Lipstick. Blush. Shadow palettes. Even foundation. This concealer may be more compatible with a drier skin, but I personally need something that's going to stay put and offer some actual coverage in the bargain. Lancome Effacernes, Maybelline Age Rewind, Collection Lasting Perfection...my track record with undereye camouflage is a joke, but these represent the best luck I've had so far. Godspeed, my oily-combo sisters.