April 20, 2014 | 1745 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by loucarroll73

I love this product - it has transformed my thick/dry hair and makes it look and feel a lot healthier, also feels a lot softer. Only downside is the cost, it works out expensive if used frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Lilcrystalline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been on the fence about this product for awhile. While I will definitely acknowledge that it does make my hair 'supple' and 'bouncy', and incredibly soft - It just hasn't been something I find myself reaching for.
I feel that it adequately mositurises my 3a fine & thin curls, but to about the same level that my regular conditioners (Alternating PM Awapuhi Ginger, Pureology Hydrate) do. And when used in conjunction with those conditioners (Sometimes I will simply put the mask in, rinse, and shampoo) it doesn't seem to 'add' anything special.
That in mind, it does nothing for my frizz - though I don't think it's intended to. If anything, my hair becomes 'too' soft, and difficult to style.

I don't think this is a bad product by any means, but it just seems extraneous to me. It's also incredibly expensive. I purchased directly from the brand's site, and shipping was absolutely outrageous as they base it off of price, rather than weight. That alone would turn me off from purchasing this product in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Brilliant pre-shampoo conditioning treatment, albeit very expensive. Makes the hair supple, shiny and extremely well conditioned. Can't afford it right now but when I can I get the huge litre bottle from QVC for around £50/£55 when they have it in stock. Dropped one lippie due to price but otherwise HG stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by kopo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an unique product although I dislike pre-shampoo treatment. I've normal, natural wavy Asian hair and they look healthy before color treatment and regular perming. After using Elasticizer pre-shampoo, my hair feel soft & smooth with volume which is a surprise. 10ml each is adequate for my long hair. I'm debating to get myself a 500ml of the original or extreme version.

Elasticizer is not the best deep moisturizing hair mask in the market and some of you may dislike it. If you have coarse & dry hair, coconut oil or deep moisturizing hair mask provides better result in moisturizing frizzy hair. Try Elasticizer Extreme if you like to explore this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by diana444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must say this product is good.

I have curly hair with a lot of fly aways and it is super dry. But I leave it on for an entire day and my curls are perfect!! I have no frizz.I don't know if you are supposed to do that since it is a pre-shampoo treatment.

Once I wash it ( I use conditioner and no shampoo- check out : co-washing) the frizz are back but y hair feels soft and it def gives the hair extra bounce!

I would recommend this to a friend but don't expect miracles either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Clara28

I bought the elasticizer based on all the raving reviews everywhere on the internet. I have blond hair with highlights, but last year I got it overprocessed after a bad colouring at the hairdresser so it was in a very bad shape. I hoped the elasticizer would make it better, and it did give me softer hair, but only after the first use (after the next uses the mask did nothing for my hair). If you have very damaged hair, i recommend the redken extreme line, which really works, instead of this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by nobelprizeforshopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get the love for this product but on reading other reviews, I suspect it's great at mending damaged, processed hair. My hair is coarse and frizzy but it isn't processed and as I don't use heat on it, it's in as good condition as it ever will be (it just looks terrible - naturally terrible). This product does nothing for it. If anything it makes it thicker and bulkier and it makes it feel kind of stiff and crunchy whereas what I was hoping for was softness and frizz reduction.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Lename

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

How did I survive without this product? LOVE it!! Definite HG product.Easily one of the best hair treatments out there for ANY hair type. I have mixed-race wavy/curly hair and WOW has this made a difference!

I feel I should point out that this isnít an anti-frizz product. What this has done for me is change the texture of my hair. Now, my hair FEELS softer, LOOKS softer + shinier and it has made brushing through dry hair so much easier! I used to have to overload my hair with products and brush it twice a day just to keep things under control.
No more!

How I Use It:
Wet hair. Squeeze excess water. Work Elasticizer into hair, and cover hair with a shower cap. Leave on for an hour then rinse thoroughly and shampoo & condition as usual. I use once or twice a week. (If you have fine virgin hair, you'll only need to use it once or twice a month).

The only down side is its price. First time buyers should definitely purchase a small size (like the 40ml) and see how it works for them.

Also. Elasticizer improved the condition of my hair gradually. It'll take a few uses to really see results...although you'll notice them after the first try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This and the Extreme are the ultimate moisturizing treatments! I absolutely love the effect on my hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

this is hands down the best hair product i've come across. i've used it 3 or 4 times over the last few weeks and my frizz-prone waves have turned into soft bouncy curls. in fact strangers have started to compliment my hair - and let me tell you that's never happened before ;-) i don't know how this goes on straight hair, but if you want to turn your curls around this is the product. this stuff is 110% HG :D