April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Fragrances - La Prairie - Life Threads Gold

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by FoxTanFauxPas

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

While this is beautiful, it's a dead on dupe for Avon's Far Away in the drydown.
Their notes are very similar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Bottled opulence. Sophisticated and richly complex. Uniquely impressive.

Available superlatives can't do it justice!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! This fragrance packs a punch...in a goood way! Reminds me of the type of scents Arab women wear in London - almost "statement" scents that wash over you as they walk past. For some, I have heard comparisons with "powerhouse" 80s scents. For me, if Monaco had a scent, this would be it - think opulence, distinctive, sexy, glamourous, luxury and yes.. "gold". Makes me picture bronzed women dressed up to the nines strolling past the shops in Monte Carlo. It smells like a well-groomed, immaculate and polished lady. Note a lady, not a young girl. I would describe it as an oriental spicy fragrance - the top notes are tangerine, plum and clove. At the heart there is pepper, cinnamon, coriander, rose, lily-of-the-valley and ylang-ylang. At the base there is cedar, patchouli, golden myrrh, vanilla and incense. It's feminine and voluptuous; makes me think of an elegant and confident woman.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Another La Prairie fragrance I really am liking. I received a tester and am looking into purchasing the full bottle. This fragrance is classically chic and young at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite of all the Life Threads. It is stunning, elegant, classy, sophisticated, and most of all, beautiful. It reminds me of something a woman in Beverly Hills would wear in the fall and maybe winter months. If the notes appeal to you, this may be one of the most gorgeous fragrances you will experience. I hope to be this woman in 10 years! Today, I am a mother of a toddler and spend more time in flip flops than heels! This bottle is beautiful and is definitely the coolest bottle I've seen to date! I expect this fragrance to win some Fifi awards this year! FABULOUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by liz75

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The gold is my favorite of the Life Threads collection. It consists of rose, plum, cedar wood, orange, and tangerine - I'm not sure if this makes it a gourmand fragrance or not but it is well constructed and even the pickiest nose will appreciate it! I can't wear alot of fragrances because they give my husband headaches, my daughter sneezes, etc. so Life Threads Gold is a blessing to me because it agrees with everyone and is very feminine without screaming "flowers". It lasts long on my skin and clothes which I love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

10 years ago, perhaps I would dismiss this too easily as another big fragrance in the spicy oriental category but today I view and admire it as a handsome fragrance that makes a difference. Life Threads Gold opens up with vivid notes of plum accompanied with a very aromatic clove note. The clove never gets cloying or masculine as it is brightened with juicy tangerines. Altogether, the opening is mature and cheerful in a way that reminds me of The One. I also love the heart where a light handed rose is accompanied by what I think is ylang-ylang. The floral notes are added a twist with some lush herbs. I detect a lovely coriander and a modest dash of pepper - I love both of these notes. Again, the fragrance is mature but cheerful to my nose. It moves into the base smoothly and I get mostly incense. Altogether, it is a golden fragrance that would go well with earthy colours, cashmere jumpers and suede skirts. Very noticeable but not in your face - in its own category of course. Perfect for winter.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No