November 25, 2014 | 1694 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Avocado and Grapefruit Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not sure yet if I would purchase this again. I bought it at Sally's yesterday and used it along with my friend in the evening. 20 seconds after applying it both of our faces started burning like crazy. The mint julep masque tingles and burns slightly but nothing like this one. Omg it was like bleach on my scalp. We roughed it out and my skin felt very nice after but why so much burning? My skin is very sensitive (Rosacea) and fair. My friend is very oily and acne prone btw. I'm gonna use it again though

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The good: this mask made my pores look invisible after I had washed it off. It's cheap, under $6, and easy to find at Sally's Beauty Supply.
The bad: it BURNED my skin. My skin stayed red for quite some time after removing it. It stung my eyes, and made them water until it had dried. It also had a weird smell that lingered after I washed it off. I would not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the fresh smell of it and how it goes on easily. It takes out the blackheads by my nose and leaves my skin glowing and soft. I really love this mask and I'm excited to get the Mint one !

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by snotface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good lord this product burned my face. I picked it up when sallys had a bogo sale and I wanted to try something besides the olive oil masque. Big mistake. I had to immediately wash it off as soon as I put it on. My skin was red and burned like the heat of a thousand suns lol. I'm sure it can work well for others but not my dry sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Mzukelele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this mask and I'm in love with it. I have dry skin and after using it, my skin did not feel tight or uncomfortable but quite hydrated. I barely noticed the tingling sensation most users experience with the product.
The packaging is also a plus for me. I generally prefer squeeze tubes since I find them more hygienic

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so far so good! This is my first night using this and right away my skin feels so much softer and my complexion clearer and toned. It feels and looks powder soft. I am suffering from a unknown breakout (like bad!) so I have a lot acne on my chin and the around the corners of my cheeks near my mouth. Like a lot!!! I think it's from coconut oil :(. My skin is completely sensitive, so I've been choosing more natural products including this masque. Let's see if it helps with my scars and acne. I'm crossing my fingers! Again, so far so good.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

This masque STINGS. It stings pretty damn bad for the first agonizing three or so minutes it's on your face. After the initial burn subsides, it does feel quite refreshing -- that's IF you can stand it being on that long. I don't think it really does anything for acne, specifically. I love Queen Helene but this is a mediocre product. Won't repurchase. Will keep using if I get desperate enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by alg2106

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mask! I recently started doing the oil cleansing method which has caused me to purge quite a bit, and this mask has been great for clearing out my pores and getting rid of the gunk that's come to the surface! It stinks for a little bit but that happens with citrus. I love that it's not as drying as the mint julep mask so i can use it fairly frequently. I am a fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jskellis

This masque is great at calming down those big pustule pimples on my jawline, and it makes the rest of my face much softer and smoother. It has bentonite and kaolin to work at pimples and vitamin c from grapefruit extract which is great for skin. It stings just a little but after it dries it feels just fine. I use this once a week, maybe twice if things are really bad. A great, nutritious masque for such a low price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

--Queen Helene Avocado and Grapefruit Masque--

----Why I purchased this product:----
I enjoy using a variety of masques in my beauty routine. Queen Helene is a trusted, classic brand that produces quality skincare items like this one. This mud-style masque is medicated with just the right ingredients to invigorate my skin and to keep it in balance.

This company makes masques that peel off, masques made of mud that cleanse and are medicated, and masques that are exfoliating. What I like about the Avocado masque is that it is soothing while being cleansing at the same time. It's not as harsh as the Mint Julep masque, but it is the kind of masque that I use twice a week to keep my skin in balance.

The scent is soothing. It smells neither like grapefruit, nor does it smell green like avocado should. Instead, it has hints of citrus that you can feel more than you can smell, and I think that is due to the fact that this brand uses natural grapefruit oil in this formula. It has a botanical, green and floral scent, so while I am wearing it, I enjoy the fragrance because it is so relaxing.

This masque comes in a handy-dandy tube with a screw-on top. While a flip-top would have been better, it does not really matter to me. What's important is that Queen Helene brand has always been good about making their products really accessible, so it is easy to use and you can get many uses out of a single tube.

The formula, made of white kaolin, is rich and soothing. Like many masques of this nature, it has a sticky texture that makes it easy to apply in broad strokes. I like to cover my face going in one direction, then cover it again going the opposite direction, so I can get full coverage.

With this kind of coverage, I can feel the masque working almost immediately. Grapefruit has anti-bacterial qualities, and anti-oxidants too, so I know Im doing something good for my skin when I use it. Since its a citrus oil, it makes for an excellent way to cut oil and dirt on the face, leaving my skin clean and glowing.

My skin is never dry afterwards. Sometimes, a medicated masque like this one can leave my skin dry in the wintertime, but that's the main benefit of the Avocado ingredient in this formula it not only provides a pastel green color for this masque but it adds soothing vitamin E and other natural compounds, replenishing what the grapefruit and citrus oils may have stripped away.

Overall this is an excellent masque, from a quality company that produces many products just like this one, that not only make your life more convenient, it also allows you to enjoy your beauty at an affordable price.

This is a fast-drying formula that set in about ten minutes. It was easily removed with warm water and a washcloth. I followed up with some jojoba oil for my skin it makes the perfect winter weather moisturizer. This masque helps my skin to stay in balance without being dried out during the winter months. In the summer, I like to switch this for the mint julep masque twice a week to stay in balance.

Yes I would purchase this item again... they give you so much of the product for such a low price that my tube has lasted me for over a year, even though i use it weekly, or sometimes twice a month depending on what masks I am using during that time.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No