December 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is so gorgeous. I mix it with my bb cream to highlight my underyes and then set it with powder. I also put it on my cheek bones and it looks so so natural and it doesn't make me look shiny. it's perfect. it's the best highlighter I've come across. it's worth the price 100%!! it's a really beautiful colour and works perfectly with my olive toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by RoseQuartzOctober

LESS IS MORE with this product! If you apply it well it can give a very natural looking glow without glitters or shimmers. The key is you need only the tiniest bit. Apply this with a special highlighter brush or fan brush. Just very lightly tap the brush onto the product and then on your face.

If I overdo it a little too much I put moisturizer or sunscreen on top and that makes it look more natural. Sometimes I brush some product on my handpalm and then mix it up with my moisturizer/sunscreen and apply to my whole face. This gives a very nice glow.

This is one of the least glittery highlighters I know of. If you still think this is too glittery try Becca's Shimmering skin perfector (liquid version).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing highlighter. Finely milled, highly pigmented, blends easily. It is more golden toned rather than frosted. At first I worried it was too shimmery but after I applied it wasn't. It looks so natural and glowy-it doesn't accentuate oiliness or highlight skin problems. A small swipe is all you need, I paid $15 and it was well worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

I was really unimpressed with this product. I just didn't like how frosty and super yellow it was. It's not a horrible product but after so many glowing reviews I expected more. I have other more affordable products that I like better. If you have been lusting after this I would suggest to go to a sephora and see it in person before buying into the hype :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by zakitis

Why no one has ever said this is almost the dupe to Kevyn Aucoin candellight highlighter. Two major differences- mary lou is more to the gold warm side, kevyn- to the cold beige side and its little more shinier but not too much. Another big diffference, kevyn is more silky and the texture is like super silky creamy. Mary is still perferctly soft but still not so silky as Kevyn. The girls with perfect skin will not feel difference. However, i have big pores and Mary Lou does luminize them and make pores visible. It just feels the product goes above the skin surface but not blend in. Kevyn in this terms is better, its silky texture let the product melt in skin. Hard ro choose, mary has more beautiful gold colour but settles in pores but kevyn has super amazing soft glow but for warmer skin tones the colour is too cold beige.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a gorgeous product! I swatched it once and thought it would be too glittery, and bought the Becca SSP instead, what a silly mistake! I finally bought it and I am in love. It's easy to use and gives me a warm glow. I also adore it as an eyeshadow, it seems more pigmented on my lids, I don't know how but lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Tanktanktank

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh em G!!!! Buy this!! Buy ten! It's so nice and looks so glowy on my cheekbones. It looks like a glow from within. I used other highlighters that were cheaper from powder to liquid to a stick kind. This is the one. It's worth spending the extra $10. I got it on the cyber Monday sale though so it was literally $12. Woo. In love

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this highlighter! It's the perfect shade for my light olive skin tone, it's such a fine shimmer that it gives the most beautiful dewy glow to the skin, and a little goes a long way. I also LOVE the packaging and the name. For the price, you get a huge amount of product. If I ever run out, I will be buying it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

This is beautiful! Looking for an everyday highlighter, I have the bobbi brown bronze gold limited edition highlighter. But I don't want to use that everyday since it's limited edition! LOL but this is beautiful even though winter has arrived I cannot wait to wear this in the summer time! I am the color 9.0 in the naked foundation. Mac color matches me wrong. But this is a perfect highlighter for all skin tones!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by linklicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my nc20 skin this gives a beautiful alas over-the-top sheen. Nothing subtle about this highlighter. Color was a nice champagne shimmer I really enjoyed. I am sad to report that never achieved the glow from within look I wanted. Maybe it was lack of proper application techniques or usage of the wrong brush. Either way, I wasn't willing to put up with this product to make it work..