TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 7/27/2015 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mary Lou Manizer; however, I really only use this as eye shadow. The absolute perfect lid color for almost any eye look. I love the packaging and love that it is cruelty, talc and paraben free. My other face products have luminizers in them so but I do use this on my no make up days...the days that I just curl my lashes, add mascara and brush this on and it is great. Definitely will always own this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

LOVE THIS. It's a very BAM in your face highlight, I would not recommend this to someone who is looking for a "natural" highlight, if you're looking for natural, I would recommend the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. This highlighter is so finely milled, so buttery, and it really stands out on the skin.

on 7/17/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I never actually tried a highlighter in the past, but the review about this one made me want to try it. So I bought it online and man.. why I just discovered it now?!
It looks very natural for work, just a touch on the bridge of my nose, top of the cheek and the chin - I apply it with a dense mineral powder brush.
If I want a more glam look, I just put more of the product and it never looked tacky.
My whole face just look more fresh and dewy but totally not dirty oily-looking. I can't believe how a touch of product will give me such a surprise :)
This is totally an HG product for me.

on 7/16/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product definitely lives up to its name!
I've had really good luck with many of theBalm products!

I love how it's can be really intense with a dense brush, but you can also make it less intense by just applying a little bit with a small stipple brush that isn't as dense

I've used this to highlight the high points of my face, I've used this as an eyeshadow, and I've used this mixed in with blush to add an extra glow and I love it all ways!!
It's not glittery or sparkly or too shimmery. It's the perfect glow and the price isn't bad because you get a lot of product and if you look hard enough you can find it on sale at haute look or online

on 7/14/2015 5:12:00 PM

I don't know why I waited so long to try this out. Oh yes, I do. I tend to get shiny quickly, and I just never saw a reason to use a highlighter or make myself look more shiny.

Then a youtuber about my age with similar skin was saying how it accented her cheekbones.
I have pretty much no cheekbone definition, so, I figured, if something can actually make me look like I have somewhat of a cheekbone definition, I am all for it!!

This stuff, I must say, is magic.
It did make my cheekbones 'defined,' yet did not make me look more shiny or oily. In fact, I think it made my skin look LESS shiny..is that possible..??

I had tried the drugstore 'dupes' and I gotta say, I think this is one time it is better to get the better product. The initial price tag is a bit steep (although there are many similar products even much higher priced), but this will last A LONG time..

I also think this is safe for all skin tones.

I got no irritation from this and I do not detect a scent, which both are a huge bonus for my sensitive skin and nose!!

On other note, and this is totally a personal thing, but my skin has been looking dull and ruddy lately, no matter what exfoliant I use or what moisturizer I use. I was just always looking "old" and "tired" .. this makes me look alive and young again!! Love it!!

Will definitely re-purchase!! But I have a feeling it will be a while before I need to do so..yippe!!! :-)

on 7/9/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would like to add my over 50 voice to the fray on this. I bought this after trying it in store and and still working on the perfect application but I love the product. I use a fine, fine fan brush (from a mask-figured it might come in handy) and just dust the highlighter on. It adds a very suble glow. I have fair but somewhat tanned olive skin for reference. I think this will be even more valuable to me in the winter. I can see using this on my shoulders if the occasion came up, as well. It is part of my daily makeup application whether I am wearing full or light makeup.

on 7/7/2015 8:35:00 PM

YASSS!!! Thank you sweet baby Jesus for this HIGHLIGHTER!!! 😇 TheBalm must have made this up in the clouds and sent it down from heaven itself! Mary LouManizer makes your cheeks look like angel babies themselves have kissed them!! It is absolutely stunning & I could not be happier with this purchase. I bought this off Amazon and even got a free brush along with the highlighter which is a nice plus. You only need LITERALLY the lightest swipe to get the perfect highlight. It's gonna last me forever, and as soon as I hit pan I'll definitely, without a doubt repurchase. It's the most gorgeous champagne highlight. I truly think this would look beautiful on every skin tone. It's worth every penny. On top of all this the packaging is out of this world cute. Everyone should own Mary LouManizer!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, I really do. It's essentially the perfect highlight. It's not glittery its more like a glow. Either way the one thing that really really bothers me is the fact that the way its packaged in the inside makes itv so that you drop that highlighter one time and its broken. They need to make it more floor proof so if you drop it once you won't have to go out and buy and completely new highlight

on 7/3/2015 9:19:00 PM

I'm a highlighter fiend and this is my absolute favourite. I bought this at Rexall when it was 25% off The Balm products, so it was probably around $30 CAD for 8.5 grams/0.3 oz. The glitter isn't chunky, it's a shimmering glow with gold tones - perfect for my NC30 skintone. I pick up a very small amount of product and dust it on my face and tada - I suddenly have cheekbones! I have combination oily skin and it doesn't make me look like a hot mess. The best part is that it lasts for hours. HG status.

on 6/26/2015 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this as a highlighter

Top Rated TheBalm Products