September 18, 2014 | 1669 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Arinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most beautiful highlighter! Every time i shop for a new highlighter for a change I always end up not getting it because it doesn't live up to mary-lou. Its a nice champagney shade and it it SUPER pigmented. I also love using it as a eyeshadow so its very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by SoonMi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I first heard about this product through Michelle Phan's "How to Look Like Miranda Kerr". She used it as a face highlight as well as an inner-corner highlight. I'd been searching for a highlight that was not pink-based for quite sometime. I think that they must've reformulated this luminizer because I found it on Amazon for $13! So cheap! It will last me a long time. If I find another yellow-based highlighter better than this one than I won't repurchase, so far this is the best one I've tried yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Words don't even begin to describe how much I LOVE this stuff!!! It is the perfect highlighter. I get compliments all the time when I wear this. It is on the pricey side but it's SO pigmented that you just have to lightly tap your brush into it, so you'll have it for ages before it runs out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very frosty highlighter that would look best on young, good skin. The best reviews seem to be from people in their teens and twenties. On older skin it emphasizes bumps and fine lines and it can look too severe, even when applied with a light hand and a high-end Japanese brush. For older skin I much prefer the Lorac highlighter. But if you are younger and want to make a statement, this is the one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Sonjavidas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this highlighter! It's defiantly worth the price! It is really pigmented, so I use it with a light hand. And since it's so pigmented, it works great as an eyeshadow! I always get compliments on how healthy looking my skin looks whenever I'm wearing this. A must have makeup product for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this on amazon for about 30% off regular retail price. I was so excited for it to arrive, I kept thinking it was going to revolutionize my makeup, and I would look like a glowing angel. (I don't know, I read a lot of positive reviews.) so it arrived one evening and I brushed it on top of my 8+ hour old makeup, with the cheap brush that was included in the amazon order, and I was disappointed to see that it looked a little clumpy. Maybe clumpy is the wrong word, but it wasn't really smooth. So I bought a nice fan brush and tried again on fresh makeup a few days later. I could barely see it, but when I looked closer, it seemed to highlight in certain concentrated areas more than others. I out more on, and when my sister came over later that day I asked if she could see it and she said no. So I showed her the powder (she's 18, and remarked that she liked the packaging) and we tried it on her skin, because even though she's fair, like me, she likes to tan and her skin is a little warmer. I couldn't see it on her either. I put more on myself and we decided it was too similar to our skin tones to highlight. Plus, the fact that it's champagne-colored makes it really not settle cleanly into my cool-toned skin. Although later, from further away, we noticed each other's skin did look a little bit smoother and more glowy (we'd just brushed it on our cheekbones. I tried it in the corner of my eyes and it was too dark, so I'm nt doing that anymore.) overall, it's nice for a subtle look, and would probably work best on people with warm tones, or who have a little more melanin in their skin than I do. But I wouldn't but it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went ahead and bought it after reading such good reviews about it; I was not disappointed! Just amazing champagne tone shimmer with no glitter in it! Really makes your cheekbones pop, especially in pictures.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by GabbyT15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this highlighter. It has a yellow/gold base which is really nice on my tan skin. White based highlighters tend to make me look like a disco ball.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This product is very shimmery or glowy, so you have to have a light hand when applying this to your face. I overapplied and ended up having to blend it out for five minutes. The effect really is flattering and lasts all day. The packaging is just too adorable and is quite sturdy as well. This is a really nice product, although I wish the price were not so steep for a highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looks very natural and glowy on my tan skin, almost as if I have no highlighter on! I also use this on the inner corner of my eyes to make them pop. The two things I did not like about this product is the price and packaging. Paying 15 for this is way overpriced in my opinion. The packaging of the compact is cute but I can see this dropping on the floor and breaking instantly! But overall I would give this a 7/10